The Dark Mod Forums

Mayhem Intergalactic (my indie game) now on Steam!

Crispy

Congratz dude!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Congrats Mate! :D

lol @ the 'alien wearing a monocle' in the game description :laugh:

I like 4X games so i'll download this and give it a go!

Thanks! Yeah, I thought mentioning the monocled alien would be a nice touch. ;) Hope you like it. (I mean the game, not just the monocle... :P )

Congratz dude!

Thanks!

How does the agreement work? Do you get a partial cut of every $10 sale?

Yep. I can't disclose the exact percentage that I get (NDA), but Valve are very developer-friendly so it's better than many similar deals in the industry. (Except that a few other places are starting to match them, which is awesome.)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'd say it has been worthwhile. :D To give you an idea, I haven't been able to visit these forums for over a week because I've simply been too busy doing things with my own game; doing support, talking to fans, trying to encourage the growth of the community that's suddenly emerged around the game, fixing bugs, doing additional promotional work, etc. etc. :blink:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Sounds like steam is really bringing in the business ;)

Congratz man, I'm happy for you.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Now there's an idea! :D

Hmm, looks like Stardock wants to do exactly that...

• 2 weeks later...

As of this past weekend, I'm donating 50% of the proceeds from the sale of Mayhem Intergalactic to victims of the recent and ongoing bushfires in Victoria, Australia. See here for details.

Wow thats horrible, I'm glad you're trying to make a difference.

I started a thread on the GOF forums. Not sure how much it would help, but might as well try.

http://forums.gamersoutreach.org/showthrea...p?p=818#post818

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Cool, thanks!

By the way, that's bushfire, not brush fire. ;) "Brush fire" doesn't really seem to capture the intensity of the thing...

Hmm, according to Wikipedia, bushfire is an Australasian word, which I didn't know. :)

Lucky bastard! :P

Don't worry, the heatwave is over now... I'm actually wearing jeans today. In the middle of an Australian summer, no less. The min and max temperatures plummeted by 10+ degrees over the course of a day or two.

Lucky bastard! :P

Don't worry, the heatwave is over now... I'm actually wearing jeans today. In the middle of an Australian summer, no less. The min and max temperatures plummeted by 10+ degrees over the course of a day or two.

Well that's a good thing for me then (I guess only for me) because I love cold weather. :D

A couple weeks back was playing ice hockey in Bruntal with -15C temperatures hehe, suffice to say, you had to keep moving to keep warm.

Heh, I like cold weather too, but not that cold. :D

When I said 10 degrees, I was actually underestimating... the weather guy on ABC pointed out that the temperature yesterday was 20 degrees cooler than the same day last week! (17 and 37 degrees C respectively.) :blink:

Yeah, for sure. We've had summer heatwaves before, but never with a 20-degree plunge afterwards. Unusual amounts of flooding up in Queensland recently too, and I just heard on the news that Bourke of all places has been flooded, receiving 2/3 of its annual rainfall in one day. The infrastructure there isn't built to cope with that much water. The weather is really getting weird these days.

And so it begins...?

Yeah, for sure. We've had summer heatwaves before, but never with a 20-degree plunge afterwards. Unusual amounts of flooding up in Queensland recently too, and I just heard on the news that Bourke of all places has been flooded, receiving 2/3 of its annual rainfall in one day. The infrastructure there isn't built to cope with that much water. The weather is really getting weird these days.

And so it begins...?

That is....not right.

I remember reading an article on global warming talking about climate change, where it is not forecast to just be hotter generally, but rather very large changes in weather patterns, as we are seeing in AU atm, where it'll be 42C one day, and 16 the next. I can only imagine what Sydney drivers would do if the temperature plummeted to below zero in winter...There are no winter tires in AU (save Snowy Mountains), so there would be a very large problem. Hell, if it snows in Prague unexpectedly then half the drivers still have summer tires, which have no grip on snow or ice.

Right. I read an article in today's Canberra Times quoting someone as saying that if the average global temperature increases slightly, then the variability increases a lot. Hence the extreme weather trends and natural disasters we're starting to see. And it's not just Australia, it's happening all over the world.

In essence, we're totally screwed. Enjoy the peace and security while it lasts, people. :mellow:

In essence, we're totally screwed. Enjoy the peace and security while it lasts, people. :mellow:

Yep, cuz even if every major nation takes immediate drastic action, there is still a long lag time for the atmosphere to make adjustments.

Anyways, I think I got you another sale, convincing my brother (who happened to have intro'd me to the original MOO) by using the "it's only $10" argument.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

Yep, cuz even if every major nation takes immediate drastic action, there is still a long lag time for the atmosphere to make adjustments.

Aye.

Anyways, I think I got you another sale, convincing my brother (who happened to have intro'd me to the original MOO) by using the "it's only $10" argument.

Haha. Thanks. :)

• 1 month later...

I just played Dyson and I thought they stole your game!

Well, it's a genre of game, so it's not so surprising.

But it's all good; Dyson is for realtime and artsy and your's is more strategic and streamlined (and addictive IMO), and the aesthetic is different for each. It was just interesting to see the idea played out in two different ways. I like both.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.