The Dark Mod Forums

Everybody get over to MODDB and vote for your favorite mod...

AluminumHaste

EDIT: We've made it into the top 100, now's the time to continue your support, get on over there and vote for the mod again as the old votes won't count towards the top 100 list.

Go down to the Best Upcoming mods list, click on "Doom III" and click the vote button.

http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-th...r-awards/top100

top100xj6.png

The contest is going on between Jan 2nd to Feb 28th you can vote for your favorite mod. Register on the site and vote.

http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-the-year-awards

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod - Or click here to vote for The Dark Mod.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I just registered at mod db and voted for TDM :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting you guys know, we made it the moddb top 100.

http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-th...r-awards/top100

scroll down to "Best Upcoming Mods", under doom 3.

WOO HOO!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

...and once you've done that, please expand the Doom 3 section so you can see TDM and then click on the "VOTE" text on the left! Your old votes won't count now that we're in the top 100 (I think), so please vote again to help us get a good placing at the end!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

...and once you've done that, please expand the Doom 3 section so you can see TDM and then click on the "VOTE" text on the left! Your old votes won't count now that we're in the top 100 (I think), so please vote again to help us get a good placing at the end!

Voted logged out and will log in and vote again :D

Don't think we stand any chance against the hordes of HL2 fanboys, but heh, we can sneak in behind their back :D

Is there away to see how far we made it into the top 100?

Some numbers:

There were only 58,736 votes counted for the Top100. Thats on average only 587 votes per game (probably half because of "best of released" and "best of upcoming" are split among it).

A few dozend votes can really make a difference here :)

The current top item is "DAZE" (Doom3) and they have not made it into the top 100. :)

Maybe not eligible? But then, someone wrote they voted for it. Anyway, their rank is 79 of 8,611 and they have Visits 4,522 (292 today).

TDM has: Rank 117 of 8,611 Visits 32,689 (200 today).

Ha :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

TDM has: Rank 117 of 8,611 Visits 32,689 (200 today).

Ha :)

I believe thats the moddb global ranking, as opposed to the top 100 moty contest.

When we release SL, our rank was like, 6th for a while. I think its a popularity rank.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

???

Where did they get that from? Are we able to fix that kind of misinformation on our own?

wtf

Just changed it back

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Might have come from something like a readme in Saint Lucia, or the date of a post advertising it, or something like that.

It's an understandable mistake in that to most casual observers that haven't read anything about it, it's just another single Doom3 map, and they don't get that it's a toolkit ... esp given that there are already maps coming out now, so that's the only thing they see.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I thought one had to be a registered member of the TDM page to modify that kind of information.

AH, good that i have seen that in time! I sure voted for you guys! :wub:

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

btw is it ok to make a link to your site on my youtube page? Well i am not one of the popular ones on Youtube :laugh: but some fans may see it!

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.