The Dark Mod Forums

Everybody get over to MODDB and vote for your favorite mod...

AluminumHaste

The Dark Mod or The Nameless Mod? Oh, the humanity! How do I choose? (might be a bad idea to ask for advice here, but hey)...

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

There's only one doom 3 upcoming mod? And no released doom3 mod at all?

That made the top 100 :) (I don't know if there are any other, tho)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

There's only one doom 3 upcoming mod? And no released doom3 mod at all?

From the looks of it, I'd say so.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Sort of a shame that it's such a good engine for modding, but it doesn't seem to get as much serious attention as other engines. Oh well, everybody else's loss. I'll be quite content concentrating on Darkmod mapping.

By the way, I just had a brainstorm. You official guys have probably already thought about it... But I hope when you guys get around release time, or anyway eventually, somebody could put together some nice box art and a cover to slip into the jewel case (a nice manual too might be pushing it ... although that'd be cool too. And CD art of course, but I don't think it'd be good for the CD to have a big sticker on it so I could pass on that too).

Since I bought Doom3 just for this, I personally think it'd be sort of cool to put it in a Darkmod jewelcase and box for my shelf. Just a nice touch that communicates its standing in the old game library, since it'll be just as important as any commercial game. Anyway, just a thought to add into the mill.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

By the way, I just had a brainstorm. You official guys have probably already thought about it... But I hope when you guys get around release time, or anyway eventually, somebody could put together some nice box art and a cover to slip into the jewel case (a nice manual too might be pushing it ... although that'd be cool too. And CD art of course, but I don't think it'd be good for the CD to have a big sticker on it so I could pass on that too).

You know I've had this idea in my head for a while. A lot of mods make their own DVD case art. And how cool would it be to pass them out at events, lan parties, to friends etc.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Yes, box and cd art has been an idea bouncing around for about four years now (sorry, Happy Cheeze). It's probably a given. I also have some interest in producing a pdf instruction/gameplay manual, though that will depend on my enthusiasm level and time available when we release.

(sorry, Happy Cheeze).

photo-2207.jpg

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

• 1 month later...

God DAMN IT, not even a mention on ModDB yet at least 3 zombie source engine mods....Have they not heard of L4D? Let's move on why are people still nominating that shit?

Sigh, oh well there's always next year when we can be in the released mods category...I hope :unsure:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Well, the democratic masses will love what they love, there's little you can do to instill real class or taste in them. Dark Mod will shine though, even if not to everyone's appreciation.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

It's a shame that TDM didn't win, but Project Reality did, and I'm a big fan of that too, so I'm not too upset.

Getting in the top 100 is great though, it shows that you have some influence and a spark of creativity. Was the top 100 selected by the public or by the editors? Either way, you are the only D3 mod that got a mention.

Was the top 100 selected by the public or by the editors? Either way, you are the only D3 mod that got a mention.

It was selected by the public.

There haven't been too many d3 mods for a while, although I've seen a few in the works that looked sweet, TDM is the only one to make it.

I'd say we did pretty good, considering the fact that we didn't do any fancy promoting like a lot of other mods did (Saint Lucia was our big promoter).

We'll see what happens next year, when TDM gets released... hopefully... :D

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

We'll see what happens next year, when TDM gets released... hopefully... :D

Hopefully, I keep running into snags with my cave map that I have to put something else aside and work on another part, it really kills my drive to work on it. I'll stop working on it for a few days and go back to it :(

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.