The Dark Mod Forums

Noble & Table

oDDity

This is about 1800-ish costume. I'll be doing others ranging from medieval to victorian. We don't want to tie ourselves to one period with either architecture, decor or costumes,

Thief 2 ranged form medieval to early 20th century.

post-5-1105461406.jpg

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very nice. Something about her makes me think of a woman of a lesser house, desperately trying to look as wealthy as the other noble families.

dear oDDity

My dear GOOD GOD... YOu are gonna make me believer Damn it..

Im fucking speechless...I wanna open my window and scream

"THIS IS FUCKING GOOOOOD oDDity..."

BEST

(and Honour to be in the same team with you)

YOU ARE NOT only the greatest modeller i have seen

BUT greatest texture artist on LW area too..

GOSH ..is she breathing too?

BEST

BEST

BEST

BEST

(just for your humble follower please update a wireframe version..as a lesson PLEASE) ...My goodness i just woke up...and this is what i see first..

You made my day.....

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant stop writing...!!

Edited by TYROT

THe hat and dress are not from the same era. THe dress is circa 1790 the hat is French Elizabethian.

She can be a middle class noble or the sevant to a top noble, it doesn't matter.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Thanks for the postage stamps Spar, but I already have 100 or so costume references of various historical periods. I picked that first becasue I wanted the texturing challenge.

TYROT, you can't really see much from a wire so I upload the lwo to the FTP (models/charcater templates) I didn't upload all the associated images - there's about 20mb of textures. :D

- Emil Zola

character models site

Lovely work once again oddity :D . Really nice attention to detail ..the textures are great. How long did it take you to do this model and texture her?

I am back working on the noble man at the moment ..I have the low poly model just about finished and will start detailing it in zbrush. I have done some tests and it seems to be working fine ..only thing is I could really do with a faster machine to run zbrush at the resolution I want to work at.

Have you done any of the low poly versions yet ?

I think it's best to work from high to low, than vice versa.

I've done the Builder guard low poly version (3.9k) - I have him in-game with animations, after spending a week working out how to do it:/

Scoobs (our new animator) is doing some more animatons for him as we speak, he should be finished soon.

This model took about 10 hours to model and 12 hours to texture. It's really a waste of time texturing these high res models, since a lot of the quality will be lost in the game version, but the texturing challenge was what made me want to model this in the first place.

- Emil Zola

character models site

dear oDDity

I downloaded the model ...GUYS it s flawless...Of course i wanted to see more beatiful woman but it s Your decision..:)

But what i wanna ask is WHAT is the ANIMATION flow...I mean..Are you exporting FBX to MotionBUilder than MAYA or MAX?

And if it s the case ...you are using DAVE3d 's skeleton model for animation upload to Motion Builder???? questions questions..

And what i offer you is to make LIGHTWAVE SPECIAL THREAD for this knowledges and everything..

BEST

Edited by TYROT

If you had a peek under her skirts you'll see she has no body, just a face and a pair of hands)

I export the low res version to Maya, build a skeleton, weight it and then export it to Motionbuilder.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• 2 months later...

Started her now. No rest for the wicked.

Obviously the texturing on the high res is near photorealistic, and I won't be able to get it quite that good for the game, but the combination of normal, spec and hightmaps is quite powerful.

It's only 3000 polys as well.

post-5-1112312311.jpg

- Emil Zola

character models site