The Dark Mod Forums

TTLG

BrokenArts

Here is the rundown from Daveh himself, admin of TTLG, he posted this on Eidos. Lot of people hang around Eidos Thief forum, even more so now that the forum is down. In the meantime, it doesn't look good, but, they will be back.

Here is the thread to check out.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.ph...5602&page=4

Thanks Modetwo :wub:

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Yes indeed! Three cheers for modetwo! :)

Yes, cheerio :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I still play Thief, so, the FM forums, Thief Gen, are the civilized places, and the editors guild. Don't diss the whole community because of comm chat, thats where the BS is, it can be brutal at times. Depends on your cup of tea, pick your battles. Sometimes its fun, and amusing too. I go in there, I pick and choose what I post to, and stay out of the BS. I know better.

~m2 hosts the server here, but, TTLG needs more overall. ~m2 probably couldn't handle the amount TTLG really needs. Its also The circle as well, not just TTLG.

Sounds like there are plans afoot to expand its remit too. We shall see.

I think it inevitable that when TDM is released there will be a TDM sub-forum at TTLG. It looks like all Thief missions will be hosted by TTLG eventually too. TDM missions will be included, I'm sure.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

Yes, these forums will definitely stay the center of TDM development and discussions. TTLG is very Thief-centered, and people like it that way, which is ok obviously.

TDM has grown enough to live on its own and, to be frank, I don't like the thought of TDM being "incorporated" into the plethora of game forums on TTLG. One or two sub-forums would not be enough to cover TDM (we've got more than 20 forums around here - what's the point in abandoning them?). Maintaining two TDM forums? Thanks, I will stay here, unless everybody else is leaving as well. :)

I always thought the ttlg forums were pretty civilized, aside from geting flamed when u use teh h4x0r speech, but I don't like that anyway, so I'm fine with that. Better stick to proper, readable english! :)

I do hardly look into ttlg these days though. Since TDM, I lost interest in the TDS-deadend, so I mostly stayed around here.

TTLG admins will definitely want to host all the TDM files there. I don't know what the plans are for file hosting here but this big upgrade looks to be in preparation for a small overhaul. They'll host all the TTLG sub-sites and as many Thief related files (as well as SS2, Deus Ex and others) in one place.

I'm certainly not suggesting that these forums close down. Not a chance. This should still be the home of TDM but TTLG forums are more populous and to be fair to them they will funnel a lot of seekers to TDM. I think that despite the lukewarm reception it gets from the admins there TDM will play a massive role in TTLG popularity when it comes out, and no one is going to be able to say meh to it, not even those who are cold to it now.

The reason I mention it is there will be DL ramifications since they plan on hosting all the TDM files they can there.

That's not bad, is it?

Well there we have it ladies and gents. It's a testament to TTLG's popularity. They've raised over $4000 for the new hosting deal in a matter of days.

This is very important for TDM imo, because it shows how active and dedicated the community is and that means a whole lot of Thief fans who are going to eat TDM up like candy!!