The Dark Mod Forums

Pre-release test build = corruption D:

I installed the pre-release test build 9.11.4 and ever since my DarkRadiants (of all versions) have been messed up. I've uninstalled each one and re-installed 9.10 and I still get this error... I took a pic of what happens, I get this huge error at the bottom and the 3d screen doesn't work:

excellentay.th.jpg

Can you try to clear your personal user.xml file in the Documents and Settings folder? That one won't be deleted when uninstalling DarkRadiant, and there might be some settings which are messing things up.

Hmm... After deleting it when I start it up it asks me for the Doom3 directory. I set it to d:\doom3 which is where it is. Then I get a windows error saying program is not responding.

Upon restarting it asks if it wants me to delete the xml file. If I say yes it does the same thing, if no then it crashes again.

Okay I've installed and tried the 32 bit windows xp 9.11 release.

Upon first startup it asked me if I want a default xml, I hit yes and it crashed.

Started it up again and it asked for the d3 directory, D:/doom3. Finally loaded but it had the 3d view problem still! I've also noticed under preferences the interface is blank so I cannot change it to how I prefer it.

Oh dear, What is going on!?

Look under View -> Window Layout to change the layout.

That blank interface tab is confusing a lot of people it seems. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

My create entity window is also crazy huge! I'm certain it's related to the open map window and others that are giant only whenever I try them with a dual monitor setup.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I'm also using a dual monitor setup, maybe that's the entire problem.

But I took some pics, here's the entity window, I moved it as high as it could get but it still was too large to see the okay buttons:

93755860.th.jpg

Here is when it's maximized. It basically just takes a picture of anything in it and nothing works when you click on it. So since I had photoshop open it took a pic of photoshop in the entity window:

92143171.th.jpg

Dual-monitor (especially with floating setup) has always given me nothing but trouble. The way I alleviated it back in v 9.6 was swap video out ports for each monitor, reconfigure which one was "primary," and it worked.

...For one use. :rolleyes:

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

The thing is that DR is so WONDERFUL and ideal on dual monitors! I love spreading out my work, such as having the 3D view on one monitor and other editing windows on the other, or other combinations.

I absolutely agree.

DarkRadiant doesn't suck up resources like HL2-Hammer did; A big 3d render camera really require that much CPU power unless you're in lit+shading mode: another extremely useful feature. I can't tell you how annoying it was in hammer to compile (which took way too long) just for tiny little aesthetic tweaks.

A final compile of my largest map in Hammer (roughly a little bigger than SL, actually) took ~ 4 hours !! Dmapping Angua's [absolutely gorgeous] 'Dead Gathers' took ~20-30 minutes on my test rig.

As HappyCheez said, "I don't want to go back!"

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

The load/open map window has always been crazy huge for me with dual monitors, partially spread across both monitors, and not remembering how I shrunk it the next time either.

I unfortunately only have dual screens when I'm at work, and as of yesterday I have a week off!

(but I'll see if I can test it on my wife's dual monitors setup...)

• 4 weeks later...