The Dark Mod Forums

New Concept Art

Darkness_Falls

Wacom!!!!!!!!!!! They are like, the Creative Labs Soundblaster of the Tablet world.

I have one

http://www.wacom-asia.com/products/graphir...ire3_index.html

(of course I have pasted you the Asia-pacific link, but just go to www.wacom.com and choose the correct reigon)

That is the consumer model. Cost me $150 AU and has pressure sensitivity, and a cordless, batteryless pen, with the tip, 2 thumb buttons, and erraser head, completely mappable to any function in any program.

Although the program has to support pressure sensitivity to benifit from the tip pressure. PhotoShop is great.

I highly recommend it. It is powerful enough for your needs and very cost effective. I think anything more expensive is only for highly paid proffessionals, and most of us wouldn't make use of the features. That's only my opinion, but I do own the consumer one, and it does everything I want.

Regarding your new concept art Darkness_Falls; ahh, colour dodge - looks like you've accustomed yourself to it quite nicely :) I think those look miles better than the originals.

Colour dodge can be applied as a blending mode for an entire layer; you can get other kinds of effects that way, by duplicating your artwork onto a new layer and giving that new layer a different blending mode.

There is a new game http://www.crashday-game.de/pages_e/news.htm - check the screenshots - the artist has taken the screen shots and done some layering effects to make them look like photos, not that they had much work to do with making it look realistic, heh, but they've obviously used photoshop to give them "photograph" looks - how everything is sort of blue-ish, and goes darker around the edges.

Just another way of creating mood.

Edited by Domarius