[Load AAS]
loading maps/proj.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/proj.aas32
[Load AAS]
loading maps/proj.aas100
[Load AAS]
loading maps/proj.aas_rat
ConversationManager: Found 0 valid conversations.
Entering tdm_main()
Exiting tdm_main()
Spawning entities
...6 entities spawned, 0 inhibited

==== Processing events ====
--------------------------------------
SpawnPlayer: 0
glprogs/heatHaze.vfp
glprogs/heatHaze.vfp
removed 16 degenerate triangles
removed 16 degenerate triangles
glprogs/heatHazeWithMask.vfp
glprogs/heatHazeWithMask.vfp
removed 12 degenerate triangles
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
0 models purged from previous level, 35 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
----- idImageManager::EndLevelLoad -----
0 purged from previous
233 kept from previous
284 new loaded
all images loaded in 6.5 seconds
----------------------------------------
----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----
11204k referenced
3786k purged
----------------------------------------
sound: missing efxs/proj.efx
-----------------------------------
7823 msec to load proj
idRenderWorld::GenerateAllInteractions, msec = 0, staticAllocCount = 0.
interactionTable size: 43260 bytes
15 interaction take 1680 bytes
Note: Ambient light by name of 'ambient_world' not found

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Okay I opened biground1_streetlamp_8fold in photoshop and also church512x256 and over wrote biground1_streetlamp_8fold and saved it, and now it's showing up in game. So I must be saving with the wrong settings.

They are TGA files, but what format should I use?

Holy fuck after over 2 hours of f'in with these textures I got it working, now the projected texture shows up upside down....that's okay I'll just rotate the light entity. I'm crossing my fingers as even though the texture shows up upside down it looks sweet!!

My question is related to AH. Is it possible to have the projected texture blurred from within the editor through a shader or something without having to alter the sourceimage itself? If that feature doesn't exist yet, would it be possible to implement it into DR?

I am asking this, because a projection should be blurred stronger, the further it is away from it's source. (dispersion) On AlHaste's screens you can see what I am talking about. The window is like 20m over the ground and yet the contours of the windows are perceived razer sharp in the projection on the ground.

Also, can projections be slanted? This would be necessary in case the moonlight shines into the window in an angle different from 90° (like 45° or so). In TDS you could only rotate the projecting lightsource, resulting in the vertical borders of the projection not being parallel to the borders of the windwos, which of course is unrealistic.

Edited by STiFU

A short question - when I am placing entities (such as a cup that can be thrown around), how can I remove the green "collide" wrap that sometimes surrounds them? It makes it hard to see how objects look properly in-game.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thanks!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Patch meshes: can I split them with the clipper tool? It does not look that way, but if I could (e.g. into a triangle), it would be pretty cool.

Patch meshes: can I split them with the clipper tool? It does not look that way, but if I could (e.g. into a triangle), it would be pretty cool.

Also you can make a patch triangle by dragging the vertexes into each other. I've done this several times for different maps.

Another one: attempting to turn a bevel patch into an inverted bevel endcap, the textures on the sides are distorted (pulled towards the endcap corner?). How do I remedy this? Copying/pasting shaders, Normalise and Natural did not help.

Another one: attempting to turn a bevel patch into an inverted bevel endcap, the textures on the sides are distorted (pulled towards the endcap corner?). How do I remedy this? Copying/pasting shaders, Normalise and Natural did not help.

Create a brush with the texture oriented the way you want, right next to the patch. Copy the shader from the brush face that's facing the same direction as the patch (Middle Mouse Button) and paste it onto the patch (Ctrl+MMB)

That was helpful. Thank you. Now I can rest in peace. :closes DR: -_-

But you can use the texture tool to manually align verts, helps alot trying to get the side of an arch aligned with the bottom

For sure, just used it the first time yesterday to align the texture on the Apse dome, worked perfectly.

@Melan: there's a neat tutorial at the bottom of this page which simulates splitting patches manually.

Would you have a saved copy of that? The images are missing from the tutorial.

Okay here's the important part of the tutorial demonstrating a very simple way to simulate splitting patches. I left the few bottom pics off, as he was just giving one-shot demos of other things that can be done, and without much description, so I can't really figure out what he was showing. The split technique is what's important, and inspecting his patch tower, you can see how the whole thing was done (including curved arches (e.g. the doorways)).

I'll post it here and link back from the TDM wiki.

Original text copied from '1eyed' on doom3world.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, time for my first tutorial. I'm going to show you how to to split up bevels to "multi-texture" them.

Ok, start by making a bevel 128x128x128.

Now, make sure that the segments [subdivisions] on it are 8 x 4

post-58-125700107826_thumb.jpg

Clone the bevel, and subdivide it into 4x4-

post-58-125700123617_thumb.jpg

Move it above of the first bevel.

Move the vertices like this

post-58-125700126847_thumb.jpg

clone the bevel and align it like this

post-58-125700130053_thumb.jpg

Now we have a 2 bevels, that we can apply different textures to.

post-58-125700131431_thumb.jpg

Nice, thank you!

Spent some time building, but I have run into an error I can't tell the cause of. DMAP reports a leak, but the pointfile does not actually go anywhere, it just points from the furthest reaches of the void to the middle of one of the outer walls - there is actually nothing there - no seam, no entity, not even a place where brushes intersect. <_<

[edit]The console says "entity reached from outside -- no filling". The red line is entirely straight and parallel to the X,Y plane, although located 512 units above it.[/edit]

Edited by Melan

Nice, thank you!

Spent some time building, but I have run into an error I can't tell the cause of. DMAP reports a leak, but the pointfile does not actually go anywhere, it just points from the furthest reaches of the void to the middle of one of the outer walls - there is actually nothing there - no seam, no entity, not even a place where brushes intersect. <_<

[edit]The console says "entity reached from outside -- no filling". The red line is entirely straight and parallel to the X,Y plane, although located 512 units above it.[/edit]

Delete the wall and draw another one?