The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

what the .anim files ?

PS

How I can find leak entity on my map ? Looks like I make something wrong and now my map leaked :( :( :(

Make sure that you don't have any FMs installed if you do, uninstall it, run dmap again and let Doom3 generate a pointfile. Then open your map in DarkRadiant and go to File->Pointfile

32123310.png

You should get a red line pointing to the location of the leak.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The goto objective looks correct. Is there a problem with it? If it is not working you don't need the 1 in the success logic. The boolean logic for that seems to be not working correctly and anyway you don't need it for a single component. Try leaving that blank. If it still does not work then post again. The only other thing I can think of is that the entity name is case sensitive so if it is named goal2 not Goal2 then that would break it. They must be identical.

S & R should work on any entity including a ragdoll. Check it on another entity and if it fails then the problem is elsewhere so post more details please.

I'm assuming button switches here and not two levers that must both be aligned. I think this should work:

buttonA > trigger_onceA > trigger_countC > entityD

buttonB > trigger_onceB > trigger_countC > entityD

Set count 2 on trigger_countC

Set noTouch 1 on both trigger_onces

A few questions:

1. Is it possible to let AI appear only when the player triggers something at a certain moment or do you have to hide them somewhere just like 'Patently Dangerous'?

2. Say I'd like to create a daytime FM, is it necessary to create windows you can look through to create the kind of light you get during daytime or is it possible to create the same with an ambient light?

Cheers

Edited by Carnage

1. Yes you can teleport the AI to where you want them. Look under targets in the entities for the dark mod teleport.

2. I don't know if we have any window textures that represent sunlit. Maybe someone can help you modify existing ones. So the best way then would be not transparent but a sunlit window texture, an internal light, probably projected inward from the window, and optionally the moonbeams effect modified to be sunbeams. I think this is a cylinder patch with a moonbeams texture. That is the way I would do it. I'm rather busy so hopefully someone else can guide you how to do the above in more detail but if not I'll try to make time. :)

A few questions:

1. Is it possible to let AI appear only when the player triggers something at a certain moment or do you have to hide them somewhere just like 'Patently Dangerous'?

2. Say I'd like to create a daytime FM, is it necessary to create windows you can look through to create the kind of light you get during daytime or is it possible to create the same with an ambient light?

Cheers

Thinking about entering the "Seasons Contest" Carnage?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Haha I might, count me in as a maybe contender. I've got an idea that I'd like to work out but I don't know if I'll have enough time, because maybe I'll have a new job soon which will be fulltime.

Thanks for the info Fidcal, I'll try it asap and let you know how it works out. More info is always appreciated but only if you have time, it doesn't really have a high priority at the moment.

You can also create a new head def and skin. Basically copy the head def you want, give it a new name, eg myhead, and add to it:

"skin" "<name>"

Then make a new skin called <name>.

On the AI use def_head myhead.

We really need a sword doing the same way.

I don't know about the fog thing but presume it must need the texture copying to a new def then some extra keyword so it works in fog. There is a keyword noFog but I've not tried it.