The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Can you define 'freeze' and the situation in which you want to use it. I'd have to go away and experiment and I don't want to find a solution to the wrong question.

Is it for use in a conversation?

Does the player speak in the conversation?

Do you want the player to be free to turn around but not able to move from the spot?

Maybe a quick and dirty fix is a script that keeps setting the origin of the player every fraction of a second but not his orientation. You might possibly be able to set that up with a trigger timer targetting a tdm teleport. Is there a trigger option in conversations? If so the first command would be to start the timer and the last to stop it. You'd have to experiment with how long a delay between firings on the timer to use.

So, curved beams (to follow an arched ceiling)... How do you make 'em?

Make a patch cylinder or a square cylinder. Click the node tool and bend the nodes so it follows the arched ceiling.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

So, curved beams (to follow an arched ceiling)... How do you make 'em?

OCN don't forget that you can look at every single map that you've downloaded by opening the .map file in DarkRadiant. This is a good way of learning how some mappers did those oh so amazing things. :)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Thanks, guys, that helps.

@AluminumHaste: Reverse engineering isn't my strong side, but I'll try, thanks for the tip.:)

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

I dunno why the **** So, what are you working on right now? thread is locked

Thats why I post it here

I have an idea ! make player drunk after some drink :) it needs lots of work like cutscene,drink sound,but work on this idea in progress (easiest part is done) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3f6da363k0

Proceed with caution!

Yes, give it a target to trigger and also the property/value:

scriptobject

InvTriggerScript

If your object does not already go in the inventory then use the entity: items > custom > atdm:moveable_custom_item. If you get a collision model error then ask again and I'll explain what to do.

thanks Fidcal,tommorow I will try to make player shooting firebals :)

PS

looks like something wrong with ghost light...

this (black cube) appears in place where spline lines meet each other

wisp.jpg

script :

void firefly()

{

$anchor.startSpline($way1);

sys.wait(15);

$anchor.startSpline($way2);

sys.wait(15);

}

void main()

{

$anchor.time(15);

$anchor.decelTime(1);

$anchor.accelTime(1);

while(1)

{

firefly();

}

}

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

evening guys!

i need help in the following task:

changing the skins of attached models that are spawned at runtime.

example: one of those atdm_candleholders (this entity includes 1 holder, 1 candle and 1 candleflame; candle and candleflame are spawned at mapstart).

it's easy to change the skin of the holder, as it's immediatelly accessible in editormode; the skin-spawnarg helps here. but it's not possible to do the same for the candle/candleflame, as they don't exist before runtime and there is no "skin-spawnarg" for attached entities...

so how to change the skins of the candle/candleflame? blink.gif

ps: haha, hey, shadowhide! *wave*

Edited by Darkman

I don't think you can do this. I think it needs to change the def_attach in-game which I don't think is provided in the code. I could be wrong. I guess the def_attach is changed for AI if they pick up or drop something but I doubt that is available for candleflames. Even if it were you'd need to create a new candle entity I think with your new skin. I don't see an easy fix.

You might try swapping with teleports to a different candle. Dunno if its extinguished state might be a problem though. If you did this you need to create a new flame entity and a new candle entity if its in a holder. This would take me a long time to describe and I'm out of time tonight. Basically the flame entity would inherit from the original then have "skin" "name" added and the candle would inherit from its original and have "def_attach" "newflamedef". I think if there is a holder as well then that needs inherit as well plus "def_attach" "newcandledef". I'd have to check though as I've never done it. Once done you'd create a new entity in DR in a blue room and swap it with teleports when needed. Messy. The best way to swap is with a script that copies the origin and angle of the visible one to the hidden one the removes the old one then they sync perfectly.

Maybe someone knows an easier way.

Creat a atdm_moveable_candle_holder_# and a atdm_moveable_candle_default_# (set frobable to 0, so the player can´t pick up the candle) in the editor line them up as they should look in game, Bind the candle TO the candle_holder! Now you hav a candle in a candleholder the player can pick up and move around and you can set the skin on the candle! how to chance the flame I don´t now?