The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but since I couldn't find anything I'm just posting it.

What is the brush limit on this engine? My map is nearing 7,000 brushes and I'm not even finished with it. I'm used to Hammer and its 8,192 brush limit but I don't know if it's the case on Radiant.

Also, are tool brushes considered as actual brushes in the total count?

Edited by skacky

Yeah, we have at least one map that has more than 13,600 brushes and over 33,000 patches and it's not finished yet. :)

You may find you need the 4GB patch to dmap a big map though else you might get malloc errors. google for NTcore. I'm told it works on 32-bit systems as well.

what the hell, i starting my map from project,but when game starts i can see no textures exept mine !

console saing that 202 textures cannot be found

normal TDM game from TDMlauncher is fine

here is shortcut for dmap and play

D:\Doom3\Doom3.exe +set fs_game myproject +set fs_game_base darkmod +set com_allowconsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +dmap mapname

D:\Doom3\Doom3.exe +set fs_game myproject +set fs_game_base darkmod +set com_allowconsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +map mapname

Proceed with caution!

Looks like a doomkey error and perhaps nothing to do with paths? Might be worth searching for doomkey which I know has been discussed. However if tdmlauncher works then I'm less sure.

Try fs_game_base before fs_game in the shortcut, that's how mine are. Also try set instead of seta. Here's one of mine. Oh I see I have seta at the end so that probably doesn't matter...

+set fs_game_base darkmod +set fs_game misc +set r_fullscreen 1 +seta com_allowConsole 1

Looks like a doomkey error and perhaps nothing to do with paths? Might be worth searching for doomkey which I know has been discussed. However if tdmlauncher works then I'm less sure.

Try fs_game_base before fs_game in the shortcut, that's how mine are. Also try set instead of seta. Here's one of mine. Oh I see I have seta at the end so that probably doesn't matter...

+set fs_game_base darkmod +set fs_game misc +set r_fullscreen 1 +seta com_allowConsole 1

seta sets the value and makes it the default value, set just sets the command AFAIK

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

nah,thats ain't work :(

Proceed with caution!

great,now TDMlauncher didnt working to

what the fuck ? :angry: everything was fine,but suddenly that shit stop work.i can't stand it anymore,tired to restart my PC after dmap,tired from 30 fps , fuck that,i need download clean TDM version and have few copies of d3 with tdm for playing and editing :angry:sounds almost like cofession...

where i can download clean 1.06 tdm version ?

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Monsterclipping questions.

1. Is it enough to make a brush that blocks all ways into a forbidden area (for AI) or do I have to cover the whole place that's inside with MC?

Like putting a wall of MC in one corridor and since the AI cannot find any way into there, they will just ignore the whole place. It's obvious that the AI won't go there, but will he still calculate that area and THINK too much while playing and possible hamper performance?

2. May I regard Clip exactly as MC PLUS clipping for the player?

1. Yes if the area is definitely sealed off by worldspawn. If there are no AI inside then dmap won't create pathfinding for it. However, I tend to drag a giant monsterclip over the lot to be sure and so it's easier to see in DR.

2. Yes. worldspawn clip blocks both player and AI but lets moveables and projectiles through. Func_static clip also blocks but the AI will bump into it. Some entity clip lets everyone through such as the location used for the escape zone objective and set frobable clip etc.

which number of shaderParm makes texture transparent ?

need to change fog distance and make it more transparent

sharderParm0-2 are for RGB

The others can be used for different things, not all the materials are set up to use the common ones. So I cant really tell you if it will use a specific one for that. You can check in DR.

However, quite often you will be able to actually use _color to adjust the opacity of an effect like that. You can try setting '_color' to something like '0.3 0.3 0.3' (30% of the initial opacity), you can also use this to tint the fog slightly. But this doesnt work with everything (it should for fog) :)