The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Yes I needed a magic detector, showing to player an illusion sigils (not visible to common people). My map Is pretty big city section (and canals, and area behind city walls) so player would need to scour it all once again -someone could get frustrated.

S2wtMNl.gif

Did you try the *normal* model (so not the ragdoll)? Did you dmap? Are there any warnings in the console?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

The rat is an md5mesh, so you can't treat it like a regular prop model.

The ragdoll rat is already a droppable item, however, so maybe it's better to start with that entity and add whatever other qualities you want.

Yes but I want it to go to inventory, then player should be able to drop it. Ragdoll have all those 'shoulderable' args and I don't know if I just have to delete them and add inv_xxx args from playertools base.

S2wtMNl.gif

You could just use the frob_action_script spawnarg, which would be pointing to a script which

• removes the ragdoll
  • adds a custom item to the players inventory with an appropiate inv_icon

If the rat is supposed to be non-dropable, that's it. If not you have to modify the custon item, so that it

• removes itself when beeing dropped
  • spawns a rat ragdoll instead

Hey guys,

I have been searching through this thread trying to find an answer to my question but I can't quite understand and have tried multiple things which all failed so I would love to have someone explain the following to me.

In my map I want a custom sound/music to play at different intervals and I was wondering how you can get a custom sound (that I recorded myself) to play when say I push a button for example.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TylerVocal

Hey! Convert the sound file into .ogg. Check the 'sound file format' entry from the wiki what it should be like.

Then make a soundshader for it, you can check from my LQD .pk4 the folder 'sound' how those are made. File.sndshdr is the file where the definitions are stored.

Then the sound should be visible with the soundshader name in DR when you are creating a speaker.

The speaker needs to have spawnarg 's_waitfortrigger 1'

Then all you gotta do is trigger the speaker using a lever or a button.

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Hey! Convert the sound file into .ogg. Check the 'sound file format' entry from the wiki what it should be like.

Then make a soundshader for it, you can check from my LQD .pk4 the folder 'sound' how those are made. File.sndshdr is the file where the definitions are stored.

Then the sound should be visible with the soundshader name in DR when you are creating a speaker.

The speaker needs to have spawnarg 's_waitfortrigger 1'

Then all you gotta do is trigger the speaker using a lever or a button.

Thank you very much :)

I would like to bind emitter to bobbing entity (ie water circles to bobbing boat, and similar), but emitter animation seems to speed up (or maybe reset), looks like its timer interfering with bobbing entity timing. Is there some solution to get proper animation?

S2wtMNl.gif

how to deal with this issue?

If I understand what you're posting right (you should make the problem you have explicit just to be sure), one reason light leaks through brushes happens when "noshadows" is "1" on the light, and turning it to "0" would fix it. If it's not that, then I don't know off-hand.

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It can also happen if the sides of the brushes that are not seen are textured with caulk. I get this problem from time to time, too. Try to avoid caulk if possible.

bind emitter to bobbing entity

What exactly do you mean? Do you want to *bind* it like attaching it or do you want it to be active depending on the behaviour of the bobbing entity?

• Like 1

I want emitter to follow other entity, for instance I have func_bobbing with boat model, and both water volume and water waves emitter are bind to boat. Or moving water column falling from water mill wheel, it need water splash emitter moving simultaneously.

S2wtMNl.gif

How to use Shadow shader correctly to make shadows?

(used it on patch, converted to funcStatic, supposed to ber a shadow under the table - it didnt wiork out)

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

Hi there! Is there any basic dust particle anywhere around 1.08 ?

And another, how to change color of sfx/colored_light_rays?

Many thanks!

Edited by someTaff

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

There are. Look under tdm_dust or similar.

Regarding the colored_light_rays. Convert to func_static and set shaderParm0, 1 and 2 to the RGB values ranging from 0 to 1 or try using _color. shaderParm3 is alpha.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=List_of_shaderParm_variables

• Like 1

It will work if the side of the patch painted with the shadow texture is facing AWAY from the light. I used these in several places in ItN.

Works fine! Thanks grayman!