The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

* A look at event that just looks at a set of angles relative
 *  to the current body facing of the AI.
 * This method is just like the vanilla Doom3 lookAt and lookAtEnemy
 * methods, but it looks at the specified angles from the current body
 * facing of the AI.
 * @yawAngleClockwise: Negative angles are to the left of
 * the AIs body and positive angles are to the right.
 * @pitchAngleUp: Negative values are down and positive values are up
 * where down and up are defined by the body axis.
 * @rollAngle: This is currently unused and does nothing.
 * @durationInSeconds: The duration to look in seconds.
 */
scriptEvent void    lookAtAngles(float yawAngleClockwise, float pitchAngleUp, float rollAngle, float durationInSeconds);

/**
 * Sets the player view angles, e.g. make the player facing this direction.
 * 0 90 0 is east (along the X axis in DR), 0 0 0 north (along the Y axis in DR)
 * 0 180 0 west, 0 270 0 south.
 */
scriptEvent void    setViewAngles(vector angles);

Is it possible to make player's view be tilted from x axis (maybe 5-10 degrees), and gradually straighten to default at command? I found those commands above but don't know if they will have any use in this case.

S2wtMNl.gif

I don't understand about your caulk issue. You only normally use caulk for surfaces facing the void or another brush, so they shouldn't be facing inside to start. They don't even help performance all that much (outside surfaces are already not rendered, maybe caulk would help a big brush with a lot of lights on it facing inside but unseen) so are generally safe to just not use if they annoy you. And you avoid leaks by avoiding leaks. Build cleanly on grid and make non grid stuff func_statics. But maybe I didn't get your problem.

Are you talking about when you copy or make a new brush the texture(s) the new one takes? I thought it was the texture(s) of the last brush you selected.

The leaks are the only thing I'm currently stuck on and can't make any sort of progress.

I'm actually not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong whenever I try to connect two different rooms. I always build along a clear grid, I make sure no brushes or textures overlap. I try to build the corridors between rooms in the same shape you get when you make a room out of an initial brush. Obviously, this involves moving the brushes into such a position, and making them fit tightly between rooms.

No matter how accuratelly I snap the brushes to the grid between two different rooms, I keep getting leaks. And when I manage to make the side walls of the corridor "air-tight", it's always a caulk. From what I've read on DR level building, too many caulks are not recommended and they should be a temporary solution. There isn't much but the void outside the two rooms and the attempted passageway, but still... I don't want to rely on caulks. What if they cause performance issues ?

The copying of wall and floor brushes might be posing a problem. I don't know why exactly, as I find the procedure easy and intuitive. But there's some issue. I copy, move and then resize brushes (copying them from existing wall and floor brushes). I make sure the brushes line up with each other at the exact same spots, so I can get an accurate passageway between two different rooms/sceneries.

Even after I do that, I always get leaks. A thing I've tried is to slightly enlarge the brushes so that they cover each other even more thoroughly and more tightly (but don't overlap through each other). Not even that helped eliminate leaks. I'm just at a loss of how I can create an airtight passage, without a single leak, Maybe I should make a room that fits the gap between the two rooms, delete two of its walls and then just slide it into place like a tunnel ? I suppose it could work, but it doesn't seem like a very elegant solution to me.

How should I use func_statics ?

On readables, the old tut probably tells you how to do readables yourself from scratch. You make the xdata file and put it in the xdata folder, like a custom asset. At some point the readables editor was added into DR that does this automatically, and that's probably what the new tuts and revised Fidcal tut refer to. So that's how you can reconcile them. Stay with the readable editor and think of the xdata folder stuff as what the editor is doing behind the scenes. (If you want to do something custom, there are situations when you may want to do the xdata stuff yourself beyond the editor, so it's good the info is still on the wiki.)

I was at first confused about the non-existence of the folder, but after looking at my TDM folder again, I've founded ! I just had no idea it would generate itself as soon as I'd tried to add a readable via the readables editor. I've taken a look at the xd file in the folder, and it contains both messages I've tried to add via the editor.

Unfortunately, there's still some weird bug present. I originally tried a carryable readable, and after it created a bug where I can pick it up in the inventory and subsequently lose all interactivity, I decided to switch to a static readable. Not even that seemed to help, as I lose all interactivity as soon as I frob the readable and click on it. Not only does the text not show up on screen, my capability to select weapons and items, pick up objects and interact with them or the environment completely disappears. Same result as with the movable readables.

Hm, I suppose the following image might provide a clue to where I could have made minor mistakes:

AZdoor10.jpg

I'll have to test it now. First I'll try to build a new passage from a smaller room, then I'll try building from copied brushes.

EDIT:

Good news ! I've managed to make a passageway out of a smaller room. It works like a charm. Now I'll try the same with individual brushes again. Hopefully I'll avoid any overlooked gaps this time. One would hope...

At least I'm finally getting somewhere, though. :)

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, there's still some weird bug present. I originally tried a carryable readable, and after it created a bug where I can pick it up in the inventory and subsequently lose all interactivity, I decided to switch to a static readable. Not even that seemed to help, as I lose all interactivity as soon as I frob the readable and click on it. Not only does the text not show up on screen, my capability to select weapons and items, pick up objects and interact with them or the environment completely disappears. Same result as with the movable readables.

This sounds like an error I had myself some time ago. I am not 100% sure what the reason was, but if I remember correctly your readable does not find the correct xdata entry. Thus, when you activate your readable, the UI changes to the readable, which you cannot see as no GUI for the readable is set, and cannot be reverted back (not sure why; I think that the "exit readable" might also be defined somewhere there). You should check if the name of your xdata is set correctly. If this is the case, your xdata file may be saved in the wrong folder (I had the problem, that the mod folder in the preferences of DR was not set correctly and, consequently, TDM could not find the assigned xdata name).

• Like 1

* A look at event that just looks at a set of angles relative
 *  to the current body facing of the AI.
 * This method is just like the vanilla Doom3 lookAt and lookAtEnemy
 * methods, but it looks at the specified angles from the current body
 * facing of the AI.
 * @yawAngleClockwise: Negative angles are to the left of
 * the AIs body and positive angles are to the right.
 * @pitchAngleUp: Negative values are down and positive values are up
 * where down and up are defined by the body axis.
 * @rollAngle: This is currently unused and does nothing.
 * @durationInSeconds: The duration to look in seconds.
 */
scriptEvent void    lookAtAngles(float yawAngleClockwise, float pitchAngleUp, float rollAngle, float durationInSeconds);

/**
 * Sets the player view angles, e.g. make the player facing this direction.
 * 0 90 0 is east (along the X axis in DR), 0 0 0 north (along the Y axis in DR)
 * 0 180 0 west, 0 270 0 south.
 */
scriptEvent void    setViewAngles(vector angles);

Is it possible to make player's view be tilted from x axis (maybe 5-10 degrees), and gradually straighten to default at command? I found those commands above but don't know if they will have any use in this case.

Can you be a bit more precise on what you want? Should the player view be rotated? (like for example when leaning)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Do you want the player to still have any control? Because if not, my first idea is you set the view to a camera then move the camera how you like, then return the view to the player. Then use one of grayman's FMs that does that for a model.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I want to imitate tilted ship. Maybe there is some better way that may affect AI (i.e. maybe give all gravityDir z=1 y=0.1 if it work that way), but if not I think about automatic leaning toward +y direction when player look parallel to x axis.

S2wtMNl.gif

I've made quite a bit of progress in the last three days. I've figured out how to eliminate issues with unnecessary caulks, or with overlooking leaks. Now I feel like I have some grasp on a more efficient workflow. I've even built small enclosed structures in my test map, built my first working door, furnished one of the buildings, kept testing movable light sources and bodies of water, etc.

Though one thing seems unclear to me in all the tutorials: If I want to finely move an object (be it model or entity) to have it nicely aligned with a floor, wall or ceiling, how can I set those parameters ? Moving or rotating by mouse can only get me so far, as it's either too grid-based in its movement, or too imprecise. I'd like to know if I could just fiddle with a few numbers and get a torch aligned nicely against a wall, much like I could a wall shelf.

This sounds like an error I had myself some time ago. I am not 100% sure what the reason was, but if I remember correctly your readable does not find the correct xdata entry. Thus, when you activate your readable, the UI changes to the readable, which you cannot see as no GUI for the readable is set, and cannot be reverted back (not sure why; I think that the "exit readable" might also be defined somewhere there). You should check if the name of your xdata is set correctly. If this is the case, your xdata file may be saved in the wrong folder (I had the problem, that the mod folder in the preferences of DR was not set correctly and, consequently, TDM could not find the assigned xdata name).

Thank you, this is interesting.

My xdata folder is separate from the maps folder, and the xdata file for the sole readable I have consists of two different notes. I might delete both the file in the folder and the readable entity in the editor and try again. Both the "maps" folder and the "xdata" folder are in the "darkmod" folder. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the relations between the two to be certain if the xdata file should be elsewhere. I didn't create the folder, it just appeared by itself once I worked on the readable through the editor's built-in readable editor.

Hm, then the folder structure seems to be correct. You can check under Edit->Preferences ind DR if the engine path is correct. Last time I installed DR it was set to a Doom3 game (that I installed earlier). When I switched to the TDM standalone, I had to set it manually here. Also, be aware that the Engine Path is the path, where your DarkMod folder is in, while Mod (fs_game) is name of your DarkmodFolder.

Regarding your movement issue: In the menu "Modify" you can find "Rotate and Scale", with which you can rotate ojects by certain values. For the movement you can set the grid size (menu "Grid") to lower values. The smallest grid available is 0.125, but this is usually not necessary. When you move stuff, I recommend to use the ortho-view windows (I usually have one with top and one with side view open at a time) as the camera view is very imprecise. The alternative would be to set the origin spawnarg to the values you want. This moves the entity to the desired place. But as always there is a catch: When you make your own entities out of worldspawn (e.g. doors), changing the origin spawnarg moves only the origin, not the entity. This is very useful especially for doors an other movers, as the origin sets the point aorund wich the movement takes place.

Torches that already have an attachment to the wall also usually have their origin in this attachment point. Here you can use "snap to grid" (Ctrl+G) to put it on the next grid point. When your wall is also aligned with the grid, you can just move the torch there. Zooming in, I also just saw that the origin of a torch entity is not exactly on the outermost part of the model. However, this is by design. Overlapping does not matter for the engine and if your surface is slightly uneven, this prevents that there is a visible empty space between the wall and the model.

I could have sworn I've already posted this, but maybe I forgot to hit Post... Oh well.

What I wanted to say is that I've realised (after thinking a bit and noticing one part of a tutorial) that changing the Grid settings would be enough for fine movement adjustments to objects and entities I've placed. But thank you for reminding me of this too, it's much appreciated. :) You don't have to worry about me preferring the camera view, I use that mostly for orientation. The ortho views are definitely better for the work itself.

It's really annoying being a newbie at times, with all these amateur mistakes and oversights I'm still doing even with basic DR functionality. :blush: Glad I can find refuge with my questions in this thread until I get the full hang of things, heh.

I've gotten rid of the problematic readable at this point and I've also subsequently deleted the xd file from the xdata folder, just to get a fresh start on adding readables. If I keep running into issues, I'll definitely check the path preferences (I don't exactly remember whether I've set the Mod (fs_game) stuff before).

It's really annoying being a newbie at times, with all these amateur mistakes and oversights I'm still doing even with basic DR functionality. :blush: Glad I can find refuge with my questions in this thread until I get the full hang of things, heh.

Well, that is what this thread is for, isn't it ;) I actually still consider myself a newbie as I have not yet published a FM myself. I have worked on one, for quite some time, but started over, when I changed the whole story and even on the second try I had to redo a lot of stuff, because it did not look good enough in my own opinion (especially when I compare it wit ha couple of high quality mission available). So, I am glad if I can help people with the (limited) knowledge I have.

How do you save dmap logs? I started doing my objectives yesterday and when I try to load the map after dmapping, using either map or pk4 method, it gives

an error, trailer 1 missing and a black screen that just hangs. I have to end task on the game to get out of it.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

That's not what I really need. I need a log of the console when you MAP <mapname>. Not dmap. I'm getting an error while loading the map which says line 1 missing trailer quote. If I delete the objective which is a (drop item, and send AI to location) then it fixes the error.

After you delete the objective you get a strange problem. It loads the map, but after a short while, frobbing stops working. You can't

frob anything, nor can use any items in your inventory.

Edited by NeonsStyle

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Thanks nbohr1more

First a dump from Dmap:

C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_plaster01.pk4 (140 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_paint_paper01.pk4 (42 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_other01.pk4 (51 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_nature01.pk4 (256 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_metal01.pk4 (465 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_hauntedmansion.pk4 (165 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_glass01.pk4 (50 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_fabric01.pk4 (41 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_door01.pk4 (171 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_decals01.pk4 (367 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_carpet01.pk4 (92 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_textures_base01.pk4 (375 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_standalone.pk4 (4 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals_decls01.pk4 (27 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals07.pk4 (1111 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals06.pk4 (688 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals05.pk4 (128 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals04.pk4 (2854 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals03.pk4 (743 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals02.pk4 (1300 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_vocals01.pk4 (82 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_sfx02.pk4 (596 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_sfx01.pk4 (924 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_ambient_decls01.pk4 (8 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_ambient03.pk4 (24 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_ambient02.pk4 (156 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_sound_ambient01.pk4 (209 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_prefabs01.pk4 (557 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_player01.pk4 (125 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_models_decls01.pk4 (93 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_models02.pk4 (1836 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_models01.pk4 (1916 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_gui_credits01.pk4 (49 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_gui01.pk4 (679 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_game02.pk4 (2 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_game01.pk4 (2 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_fonts01.pk4 (696 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_env01.pk4 (98 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_defs01.pk4 (166 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_base01.pk4 (156 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_steambots01.pk4 (24 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_monsters_spiders01.pk4 (82 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_undead01.pk4 (50 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_townsfolk01.pk4 (95 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_pagans01.pk4 (10 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_nobles01.pk4 (48 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_mages01.pk4 (8 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_heads01.pk4 (96 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_guards01.pk4 (373 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_females01.pk4 (169 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_humanoid_builders01.pk4 (91 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_base01.pk4 (8 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\tdm_ai_animals01.pk4 (80 files)
C:\Games\The Dark Mod\startmap.pk4 (34 files)
File System Initialized.
--------------------------------------
----- Initializing Decls -----
WARNING:file materials/tdm_nature_bark.mtr, line 174: material 'textures/darkmo
d/nature/wood/firewood_stack' previously defined at materials/tdm_firewood.mtr:
------------------------------
------- Initializing renderSystem --------
using ARB renderSystem
renderSystem initialized.
I18N: SetLanguage: 'english'.
I18N: Found no character remapping for english.
I18N: 1228 strings read from strings/english.lang
I18N: 'strings/fm/english.lang' not found.
WARNING:Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/launch
Couldn't open journal files
Couldn't exec editor.cfg - file does not exist.
execing default.cfg
Unknown command 'use'
Unknown command 'console'
Unknown command 'next'
Unknown command 'prev'
Unknown command 'previous'
Unknown command 'next'
Unknown command 'crouch'
Unknown command 'Lean'
Unknown command 'lean'
Unknown command 'Readables'
Unknown command 'spyglass'
Unknown command 'compass'
Unknown command 'lantern'
Unknown command 'maps'
Unknown command 'objectives'
Unknown command 'keys'
Unknown command 'lockpicks'
Unknown command 'lean'
Unknown command 'Inventory'
Unknown command 'Mantle'
Unknown command 'creep'
Unknown command 'frob'
Unknown command 'inventory'
execing Darkmod.cfg
Couldn't exec autoexec.cfg - file does not exist.
I18N: SetLanguage: 'english'.
I18N: Found no character remapping for english.
I18N: 1228 strings read from strings/english.lang
I18N: 'strings/fm/english.lang' not found.
----- Initializing Sound System ------
sound system initialized.
----- R_InitOpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...getting default gamma ramp: success
...registered window class
...registered fake window class
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'opengl32' ): succeeded
...calling CDS: ok
...created window @ 0,0 (1920x1080)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput...
mouse: DirectInput initialized.
keyboard: DirectInput initialized.
------------------------------------
sound: STEREO
Checking portable OpenGL extensions...
v - using GL_ARB_multitexture
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
v - using GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_add
v - using GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
v - using GL_ARB_texture_compression
v - using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
v - using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
v - using GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
v - using GL_EXT_texture3D
v - using GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
v - using glStencilOpSeparate
v - using GL_NV_register_combiners
X - GL_ATI_fragment_shader not found
X - GL_ATI_text_fragment_shader not found
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_program
v - using GL_ARB_fragment_program
v - using EXT_depth_bounds_test
---------- R_NV20_Init ----------
---------------------------------
----------- R200_Init -----------
Not available.
---------- R_ARB2_Init ----------
Available.
---------------------------------
----- R_ReloadARBPrograms -----
glprogs/test.vfp
glprogs/test.vfp
glprogs/interaction.vfp
glprogs/interaction.vfp
glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/ambientLight.vfp
glprogs/ambientLight.vfp
glprogs/shadow.vp
glprogs/R200_interaction.vp
glprogs/nv20_bumpAndLight.vp
glprogs/nv20_diffuseColor.vp
glprogs/nv20_specularColor.vp
glprogs/nv20_diffuseAndSpecularColor.vp
glprogs/environment.vfp
glprogs/environment.vfp
glprogs/test_direct.vfp
glprogs/test_direct.vfp
glprogs/interaction_direct.vfp
glprogs/interaction_direct.vfp
glprogs/soft_particle.vfp
glprogs/soft_particle.vfp
-------------------------------
using ARB_vertex_buffer_object memory
using ARB2 renderSystem
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
gamex86 - Found DLL in EXE path with timestamp of 1467870400 - C:\Games\The Dar
k Mod/gamex86.dll
gamex86 - Found DLL in pak file with timestamp of 1467870400 - C:\Games\The Dar
k Mod\tdm_game01.pk4/gamex86.dll
gamex86 - DLL in EXE path is newer, ignoring DLL in pak file
Found Intel CPU with Hyper-Threading enabled, features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 CMOV
game using MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 for SIMD processing.
enabled Flush-To-Zero mode
enabled Denormals-Are-Zero mode
--------- Initializing Game ----------
The Dark Mod 2.04, code revision 6602
Build date: Jul 7 2016
WARNING:file def/tdm_shopitems.def, line 342: entityDef 'atdm:map_of' previousl
y defined at def/custom.def:1
WARNING:file def/tdm_shopitems.def, line 353: entityDef 'ShopItem_map_of' previ
ously defined at def/custom.def:12
Initializing event system
...832 event definitions
Initializing class hierarchy
...170 classes, 409344 bytes for event callbacks
Initializing scripts
Compiled 'tdm_ai_lanternbot::startAlarmWhistle': 82.2 ms
---------- Compile stats ----------
Memory usage:
Strings: 40, 4944 bytes
Statements: 19400, 388000 bytes
Functions: 1229, 125044 bytes
Variables: 89100 bytes
Mem used: 1090880 bytes
Static data: 2277552 bytes
Allocated: 2810548 bytes
Thread size: 7068 bytes
...6 aas types
game initialized.
Parsing material files
Found 0 new mission packages.
Found 71 mods in the FM folder.
Parsed 74 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: knighton_manor
-------- Initializing Session --------
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
session initialized
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
------------- Warnings ---------------
during The Dark Mod initialization...
4 warnings
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
Widescreenmode was set to: 7 (1920x1080)
]dmap manor72
---- dmap ----
--- LoadDMapFile ---
loading maps\manor72
glprogs/ambientEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/HeatHazeWithMaskAndDepth.vfp
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/stone/cobblestones/cobblestones_r
ounded_brown_s
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/stone/brick/cbrick_single_sepia_g
rey_local
glprogs/heatHazeWithDepth.vfp
1680 total world brushes
98 total world triSurfs
250 patches
1639 entities
5104 planes
37 areaportals
size: -3380,-2568,-1032 to 1148, 1800, 1024
############### entity 0 ###############
-- ( worldspawn: )
0.1 seconds faceBsp
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -456 186.5 -4
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -716 1044 88
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -680 1044 84
0.1 seconds for BuildLightShadows
removed 12 degenerate triangles
removed 22 degenerate triangles
removed 10 degenerate triangles
removed 54 degenerate triangles
removed 43 degenerate triangles
removed 16 degenerate triangles
removed 56 degenerate triangles
removed 30 degenerate triangles
removed 59 degenerate triangles
removed 6 degenerate triangles
removed 4 degenerate triangles
removed 225 degenerate triangles
removed 50 degenerate triangles
removed 2 degenerate triangles
WARNING:Couldn't load image: bed_main
WARNING:ConvertLWOToModelSurfaces: model 'models/darkmod/furniture/beds/builder
_bed02.lwo' has too many verts for a poly! Make sure you triplet it down
removed 408 degenerate triangles
removed 448 degenerate triangles
removed 105 degenerate triangles
removed 37 degenerate triangles
removed 48 degenerate triangles
WARNING:idFileSystem::OSPathToRelativePath failed on
removed 68 degenerate triangles
141 entities containing primitives processed.
----- WriteOutputFile -----
writing maps\manor72.proc
Dmap complete, moving on to collision world and AAS...
6692 total shadow triangles
3634 total shadow verts
-----------------------
25 seconds for dmap
collision data:
141 models
14469 vertices (339 KB)
23469 edges (825 KB)
9172 polygons (642 KB)
2279 brushes (314 KB)
7165 nodes (195 KB)
19912 polygon refs (155 KB)
7665 brush refs (59 KB)
8024 internal edges
334 sharp edges
0 contained polygons removed
0 polygons merged
2532 KB total memory used
32 msec to load collision data.
-------------------------------------
0 seconds to create collision map
no entities in map that use aas48
=======================================================
no entities in map that use aas96
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
207 grid cells
100 %
6006 splits
[Portalize BSP]
12013 nodes
12013 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
3288 solid leaf nodes
234 outside leaf nodes
2485 inside leaf nodes
[Gravitational Subdivision]
533 subdivisions
[Merge Portals]
540 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
8334 points inserted
[Ledge Subdivision]
334 ledges
553 subdivisions
[Merge Leaf Nodes]
1441 leaf nodes merged
[Merge Portals]
4202 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
8383 points inserted
[store AAS]
2131 areas
[Reachability]
2130 reachable areas
4572 reachabilities
[Clustering]
51 invalid portals removed
35 portals
100 clusters
0 reachable areas in cluster 0
20 reachable areas in cluster 1
1 reachable areas in cluster 2
22 reachable areas in cluster 3
1 reachable areas in cluster 4
1 reachable areas in cluster 5
24 reachable areas in cluster 6
18 reachable areas in cluster 7
28 reachable areas in cluster 8
6 reachable areas in cluster 9
51 reachable areas in cluster 10
25 reachable areas in cluster 11
1 reachable areas in cluster 12
1 reachable areas in cluster 13
1 reachable areas in cluster 14
1 reachable areas in cluster 15
1 reachable areas in cluster 16
9 reachable areas in cluster 17
11 reachable areas in cluster 18
8 reachable areas in cluster 19
19 reachable areas in cluster 20
88 reachable areas in cluster 21
18 reachable areas in cluster 22
1 reachable areas in cluster 23
10 reachable areas in cluster 24
1 reachable areas in cluster 25
1 reachable areas in cluster 26
37 reachable areas in cluster 27
1 reachable areas in cluster 28
29 reachable areas in cluster 29
8 reachable areas in cluster 30
19 reachable areas in cluster 31
25 reachable areas in cluster 32
277 reachable areas in cluster 33
9 reachable areas in cluster 34
158 reachable areas in cluster 35
27 reachable areas in cluster 36
2 reachable areas in cluster 37
17 reachable areas in cluster 38
3 reachable areas in cluster 39
13 reachable areas in cluster 40
35 reachable areas in cluster 41
23 reachable areas in cluster 42
7 reachable areas in cluster 43
2 reachable areas in cluster 44
5 reachable areas in cluster 45
5 reachable areas in cluster 46
5 reachable areas in cluster 47
18 reachable areas in cluster 48
1 reachable areas in cluster 49
33 reachable areas in cluster 50
2 reachable areas in cluster 51
2 reachable areas in cluster 52
2 reachable areas in cluster 53
14 reachable areas in cluster 54
1 reachable areas in cluster 55
20 reachable areas in cluster 56
1 reachable areas in cluster 57
1 reachable areas in cluster 58
1 reachable areas in cluster 59
1 reachable areas in cluster 60
27 reachable areas in cluster 61
11 reachable areas in cluster 62
1 reachable areas in cluster 63
31 reachable areas in cluster 64
4 reachable areas in cluster 65
10 reachable areas in cluster 66
35 reachable areas in cluster 67
23 reachable areas in cluster 68
1 reachable areas in cluster 69
1 reachable areas in cluster 70
1 reachable areas in cluster 71
1 reachable areas in cluster 72
1 reachable areas in cluster 73
11 reachable areas in cluster 74
24 reachable areas in cluster 75
1 reachable areas in cluster 76
1 reachable areas in cluster 77
21 reachable areas in cluster 78
1 reachable areas in cluster 79
20 reachable areas in cluster 80
1 reachable areas in cluster 81
1 reachable areas in cluster 82
1 reachable areas in cluster 83
1 reachable areas in cluster 84
1 reachable areas in cluster 85
1 reachable areas in cluster 86
1 reachable areas in cluster 87
1 reachable areas in cluster 88
6 reachable areas in cluster 89
3 reachable areas in cluster 90
1 reachable areas in cluster 91
1 reachable areas in cluster 92
5 reachable areas in cluster 93
8 reachable areas in cluster 94
5 reachable areas in cluster 95
1 reachable areas in cluster 96
1 reachable areas in cluster 97
4 reachable areas in cluster 98
4 reachable areas in cluster 99
1445 reachable areas
4572 reachabilities
529 KB max routing cache
[Write AAS]
writing maps\manor72.aas32
done.
5 seconds to create AAS
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
215 grid cells
100 %
3651 splits
[Portalize BSP]
7303 nodes
7303 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
WARNING:no entities inside
maps\manor72.map has no outside================================================
=======
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
195 grid cells
100 %
7046 splits
[Portalize BSP]
14093 nodes
14093 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
3600 solid leaf nodes
309 outside leaf nodes
3138 inside leaf nodes
672 subdivisions
[Merge Portals]
641 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
10621 points inserted
[Ledge Subdivision]
542 ledges
809 subdivisions
[Merge Leaf Nodes]
1824 leaf nodes merged
[Merge Portals]
5421 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
11054 points inserted
[store AAS]
2796 areas
[Reachability]
2795 reachable areas
5872 reachabilities
[Clustering]
56 invalid portals removed
36 portals
139 clusters
57 reachable areas in cluster 1
21 reachable areas in cluster 2
2 reachable areas in cluster 3
37 reachable areas in cluster 4
4 reachable areas in cluster 5
25 reachable areas in cluster 6
4 reachable areas in cluster 7
4 reachable areas in cluster 8
1 reachable areas in cluster 9
22 reachable areas in cluster 10
2 reachable areas in cluster 11
2 reachable areas in cluster 12
5 reachable areas in cluster 13
29 reachable areas in cluster 14
58 reachable areas in cluster 16
1 reachable areas in cluster 17
13 reachable areas in cluster 18
21 reachable areas in cluster 19
13 reachable areas in cluster 20
18 reachable areas in cluster 21
4 reachable areas in cluster 22
12 reachable areas in cluster 23
4 reachable areas in cluster 24
4 reachable areas in cluster 27
4 reachable areas in cluster 28
1 reachable areas in cluster 29
4 reachable areas in cluster 30
4 reachable areas in cluster 31
2 reachable areas in cluster 32
2 reachable areas in cluster 33
129 reachable areas in cluster 34
6 reachable areas in cluster 35
11 reachable areas in cluster 36
1 reachable areas in cluster 37
13 reachable areas in cluster 38
1 reachable areas in cluster 39
45 reachable areas in cluster 40
1 reachable areas in cluster 41
36 reachable areas in cluster 42
1 reachable areas in cluster 43
29 reachable areas in cluster 44
28 reachable areas in cluster 45
1 reachable areas in cluster 46
1 reachable areas in cluster 47
10 reachable areas in cluster 48
288 reachable areas in cluster 49
70 reachable areas in cluster 50
199 reachable areas in cluster 51
15 reachable areas in cluster 52
18 reachable areas in cluster 53
6 reachable areas in cluster 54
3 reachable areas in cluster 55
7 reachable areas in cluster 56
4 reachable areas in cluster 58
7 reachable areas in cluster 59
7 reachable areas in cluster 60
7 reachable areas in cluster 61
31 reachable areas in cluster 62
5 reachable areas in cluster 63
2 reachable areas in cluster 64
1 reachable areas in cluster 65
1 reachable areas in cluster 66
36 reachable areas in cluster 67
3 reachable areas in cluster 68
2 reachable areas in cluster 69
7 reachable areas in cluster 70
7 reachable areas in cluster 71
4 reachable areas in cluster 72
2 reachable areas in cluster 74
4 reachable areas in cluster 75
2 reachable areas in cluster 76
19 reachable areas in cluster 77
19 reachable areas in cluster 78
18 reachable areas in cluster 79
27 reachable areas in cluster 80
2 reachable areas in cluster 82
33 reachable areas in cluster 83
1 reachable areas in cluster 89
1 reachable areas in cluster 90
46 reachable areas in cluster 91
28 reachable areas in cluster 93
1 reachable areas in cluster 94
3 reachable areas in cluster 95
3 reachable areas in cluster 96
4 reachable areas in cluster 97
12 reachable areas in cluster 98
31 reachable areas in cluster 99
1 reachable areas in cluster 100
1 reachable areas in cluster 101
1 reachable areas in cluster 102
1 reachable areas in cluster 103
3 reachable areas in cluster 104
22 reachable areas in cluster 105
1 reachable areas in cluster 106
1 reachable areas in cluster 107
1 reachable areas in cluster 108
4 reachable areas in cluster 109
22 reachable areas in cluster 110
49 reachable areas in cluster 111
1 reachable areas in cluster 112
1 reachable areas in cluster 113
2 reachable areas in cluster 114
1 reachable areas in cluster 115
1 reachable areas in cluster 116
1 reachable areas in cluster 117
1 reachable areas in cluster 118
1 reachable areas in cluster 119
1 reachable areas in cluster 120
1 reachable areas in cluster 121
1 reachable areas in cluster 122
8 reachable areas in cluster 123
1 reachable areas in cluster 124
9 reachable areas in cluster 125
1 reachable areas in cluster 126
2 reachable areas in cluster 127
5 reachable areas in cluster 128
8 reachable areas in cluster 129
7 reachable areas in cluster 130
5 reachable areas in cluster 131
4 reachable areas in cluster 132
6 reachable areas in cluster 133
3 reachable areas in cluster 134
1 reachable areas in cluster 135
2 reachable areas in cluster 136
4 reachable areas in cluster 137
4 reachable areas in cluster 138
1880 reachable areas
5872 reachabilities
711 KB max routing cache
[Write AAS]
writing maps\manor72.aas_rat
done.
5 seconds to create AAS
no entities in map that use aas_elemental
during compiling AAS...
1 warnings
during compiling AAS...
1 warnings

Next a dump from using Map manor72, I get the same result if I use the .pk4 method.

Thread size: 7068 bytes
...6 aas types
game initialized.
Parsing material files
Found 0 new mission packages.
Found 71 mods in the FM folder.
Parsed 74 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: knighton_manor
-------- Initializing Session --------
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
session initialized
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
during The Dark Mod initialization...
4 warnings
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
]dmap manor72
---- dmap ----
--- LoadDMapFile ---
loading maps\manor72
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/stone/cobblestones/cobblestones_r
ounded_brown_s
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/stone/brick/cbrick_single_sepia_g
rey_local
1680 total world brushes
98 total world triSurfs
250 patches
1639 entities
5104 planes
37 areaportals
size: -3380,-2568,-1032 to 1148, 1800, 1024
############### entity 0 ###############
-- ( worldspawn: )
0.1 seconds faceBsp
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -456 186.5 -4
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -716 1044 88
WARNING:brush has multiple area portal sides at -680 1044 84
0.1 seconds for BuildLightShadows
removed 12 degenerate triangles
removed 10 degenerate triangles
removed 43 degenerate triangles
removed 30 degenerate triangles
removed 59 degenerate triangles
removed 4 degenerate triangles
removed 225 degenerate triangles
removed 50 degenerate triangles
WARNING:Couldn't load image: bed_main
removed 408 degenerate triangles
removed 448 degenerate triangles
removed 105 degenerate triangles
removed 37 degenerate triangles
removed 48 degenerate triangles
WARNING:idFileSystem::OSPathToRelativePath failed on
removed 68 degenerate triangles
141 entities containing primitives processed.
----- WriteOutputFile -----
writing maps\manor72.proc
Dmap complete, moving on to collision world and AAS...
6692 total shadow triangles
3634 total shadow verts
-----------------------
25 seconds for dmap
collision data:
141 models
14469 vertices (339 KB)
23469 edges (825 KB)
9172 polygons (642 KB)
2279 brushes (314 KB)
7165 nodes (195 KB)
7665 brush refs (59 KB)
8024 internal edges
334 sharp edges
0 polygons merged
32 msec to load collision data.
-------------------------------------
0 seconds to create collision map
no entities in map that use aas48
no entities in map that use aas96
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
207 grid cells
100 %
6006 splits
[Portalize BSP]
12013 nodes
12013 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
3288 solid leaf nodes
234 outside leaf nodes
2485 inside leaf nodes
533 subdivisions
[Merge Portals]
540 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
8334 points inserted
[Ledge Subdivision]
334 ledges
553 subdivisions
[Merge Leaf Nodes]
1441 leaf nodes merged
[Merge Portals]
4202 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
8383 points inserted
[store AAS]
2131 areas
[Reachability]
2130 reachable areas
4572 reachabilities
[Clustering]
51 invalid portals removed
35 portals
100 clusters
20 reachable areas in cluster 1
1 reachable areas in cluster 2
22 reachable areas in cluster 3
1 reachable areas in cluster 4
1 reachable areas in cluster 5
24 reachable areas in cluster 6
18 reachable areas in cluster 7
28 reachable areas in cluster 8
6 reachable areas in cluster 9
51 reachable areas in cluster 10
25 reachable areas in cluster 11
1 reachable areas in cluster 12
1 reachable areas in cluster 13
1 reachable areas in cluster 14
1 reachable areas in cluster 16
9 reachable areas in cluster 17
11 reachable areas in cluster 18
8 reachable areas in cluster 19
19 reachable areas in cluster 20
88 reachable areas in cluster 21
18 reachable areas in cluster 22
1 reachable areas in cluster 23
10 reachable areas in cluster 24
37 reachable areas in cluster 27
1 reachable areas in cluster 28
29 reachable areas in cluster 29
8 reachable areas in cluster 30
19 reachable areas in cluster 31
25 reachable areas in cluster 32
277 reachable areas in cluster 33
9 reachable areas in cluster 34
158 reachable areas in cluster 35
27 reachable areas in cluster 36
2 reachable areas in cluster 37
17 reachable areas in cluster 38
3 reachable areas in cluster 39
13 reachable areas in cluster 40
35 reachable areas in cluster 41
23 reachable areas in cluster 42
7 reachable areas in cluster 43
2 reachable areas in cluster 44
5 reachable areas in cluster 45
5 reachable areas in cluster 46
5 reachable areas in cluster 47
18 reachable areas in cluster 48
1 reachable areas in cluster 49
33 reachable areas in cluster 50
2 reachable areas in cluster 51
2 reachable areas in cluster 52
2 reachable areas in cluster 53
14 reachable areas in cluster 54
1 reachable areas in cluster 55
20 reachable areas in cluster 56
1 reachable areas in cluster 58
1 reachable areas in cluster 59
1 reachable areas in cluster 60
27 reachable areas in cluster 61
11 reachable areas in cluster 62
1 reachable areas in cluster 63
31 reachable areas in cluster 64
4 reachable areas in cluster 65
10 reachable areas in cluster 66
35 reachable areas in cluster 67
23 reachable areas in cluster 68
1 reachable areas in cluster 69
1 reachable areas in cluster 70
1 reachable areas in cluster 71
1 reachable areas in cluster 72
11 reachable areas in cluster 74
24 reachable areas in cluster 75
1 reachable areas in cluster 76
1 reachable areas in cluster 77
21 reachable areas in cluster 78
1 reachable areas in cluster 79
20 reachable areas in cluster 80
1 reachable areas in cluster 82
1 reachable areas in cluster 83
6 reachable areas in cluster 89
3 reachable areas in cluster 90
1 reachable areas in cluster 91
5 reachable areas in cluster 93
8 reachable areas in cluster 94
5 reachable areas in cluster 95
1 reachable areas in cluster 96
1 reachable areas in cluster 97
4 reachable areas in cluster 98
4 reachable areas in cluster 99
1445 reachable areas
4572 reachabilities
529 KB max routing cache
[Write AAS]
writing maps\manor72.aas32
done.
5 seconds to create AAS
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
215 grid cells
100 %
3651 splits
[Portalize BSP]
7303 nodes
7303 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
maps\manor72.map has no outside================================================
=======
[brush Load]
1642 brushes
[brush Merge]
1642 original brushes
316 brushes merged
4096 brush sides clipped
[brush BSP]
1326 brushes
195 grid cells
100 %
7046 splits
[Portalize BSP]
14093 nodes
14093 nodes portalized
[Remove Outside]
3600 solid leaf nodes
309 outside leaf nodes
3138 inside leaf nodes
672 subdivisions
[Merge Portals]
641 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
10621 points inserted
[Ledge Subdivision]
542 ledges
809 subdivisions
[Merge Leaf Nodes]
1824 leaf nodes merged
[Merge Portals]
5421 portals merged
[Melt Portals]
11054 points inserted
[store AAS]
2796 areas
[Reachability]
2795 reachable areas
5872 reachabilities
[Clustering]
56 invalid portals removed
36 portals
139 clusters
57 reachable areas in cluster 1
21 reachable areas in cluster 2
2 reachable areas in cluster 3
37 reachable areas in cluster 4
4 reachable areas in cluster 5
25 reachable areas in cluster 6
4 reachable areas in cluster 7
4 reachable areas in cluster 8
1 reachable areas in cluster 9
22 reachable areas in cluster 10
2 reachable areas in cluster 11
2 reachable areas in cluster 12
5 reachable areas in cluster 13
29 reachable areas in cluster 14
58 reachable areas in cluster 16
1 reachable areas in cluster 17
13 reachable areas in cluster 18
21 reachable areas in cluster 19
13 reachable areas in cluster 20
18 reachable areas in cluster 21
4 reachable areas in cluster 22
12 reachable areas in cluster 23
4 reachable areas in cluster 24
4 reachable areas in cluster 27
4 reachable areas in cluster 28
1 reachable areas in cluster 29
4 reachable areas in cluster 30
4 reachable areas in cluster 31
2 reachable areas in cluster 32
2 reachable areas in cluster 33
129 reachable areas in cluster 34
6 reachable areas in cluster 35
11 reachable areas in cluster 36
1 reachable areas in cluster 37
13 reachable areas in cluster 38
1 reachable areas in cluster 39
45 reachable areas in cluster 40
1 reachable areas in cluster 41
36 reachable areas in cluster 42
1 reachable areas in cluster 43
29 reachable areas in cluster 44
28 reachable areas in cluster 45
1 reachable areas in cluster 46
1 reachable areas in cluster 47
10 reachable areas in cluster 48
288 reachable areas in cluster 49
70 reachable areas in cluster 50
199 reachable areas in cluster 51
15 reachable areas in cluster 52
18 reachable areas in cluster 53
6 reachable areas in cluster 54
3 reachable areas in cluster 55
7 reachable areas in cluster 56
4 reachable areas in cluster 58
7 reachable areas in cluster 59
7 reachable areas in cluster 60
7 reachable areas in cluster 61
31 reachable areas in cluster 62
5 reachable areas in cluster 63
2 reachable areas in cluster 64
1 reachable areas in cluster 65
1 reachable areas in cluster 66
36 reachable areas in cluster 67
3 reachable areas in cluster 68
2 reachable areas in cluster 69
7 reachable areas in cluster 70
7 reachable areas in cluster 71
4 reachable areas in cluster 72
2 reachable areas in cluster 74
4 reachable areas in cluster 75
2 reachable areas in cluster 76
19 reachable areas in cluster 77
19 reachable areas in cluster 78
18 reachable areas in cluster 79
27 reachable areas in cluster 80
2 reachable areas in cluster 82
33 reachable areas in cluster 83
1 reachable areas in cluster 89
1 reachable areas in cluster 90
46 reachable areas in cluster 91
28 reachable areas in cluster 93
1 reachable areas in cluster 94
3 reachable areas in cluster 95
3 reachable areas in cluster 96
4 reachable areas in cluster 97
12 reachable areas in cluster 98
31 reachable areas in cluster 99
1 reachable areas in cluster 100
1 reachable areas in cluster 101
1 reachable areas in cluster 102
1 reachable areas in cluster 103
3 reachable areas in cluster 104
22 reachable areas in cluster 105
1 reachable areas in cluster 106
1 reachable areas in cluster 107
1 reachable areas in cluster 108
4 reachable areas in cluster 109
22 reachable areas in cluster 110
49 reachable areas in cluster 111
1 reachable areas in cluster 112
1 reachable areas in cluster 113
2 reachable areas in cluster 114
1 reachable areas in cluster 115
1 reachable areas in cluster 116
1 reachable areas in cluster 117
1 reachable areas in cluster 118
1 reachable areas in cluster 119
1 reachable areas in cluster 120
1 reachable areas in cluster 121
1 reachable areas in cluster 122
8 reachable areas in cluster 123
1 reachable areas in cluster 124
9 reachable areas in cluster 125
1 reachable areas in cluster 126
2 reachable areas in cluster 127
5 reachable areas in cluster 128
8 reachable areas in cluster 129
7 reachable areas in cluster 130
5 reachable areas in cluster 131
4 reachable areas in cluster 132
6 reachable areas in cluster 133
3 reachable areas in cluster 134
1 reachable areas in cluster 135
2 reachable areas in cluster 136
4 reachable areas in cluster 137
4 reachable areas in cluster 138
1880 reachable areas
5872 reachabilities
711 KB max routing cache
[Write AAS]
writing maps\manor72.aas_rat
done.
5 seconds to create AAS
no entities in map that use aas_elemental
during compiling AAS...
1 warnings
during compiling AAS...
1 warnings
]condump logfile2.txt
Dumped console text to logfile2.txt.
]map manor72
reloading guis/mainmenu.gui.
reloading guis/restart.gui.
reloading guis/msg.gui.
--------- Map Initialization ---------
Map: manor72
----------- Game Map Init ------------
collision data:
141 models
14469 vertices (339 KB)
23469 edges (825 KB)
9172 polygons (642 KB)
2279 brushes (314 KB)
7165 nodes (195 KB)
7665 brush refs (59 KB)
8024 internal edges
334 sharp edges
0 polygons merged
33 msec to load collision data.
map bounds are (4528.0, 4368.0, 2056.0)
max clip sector is (141.5, 273.0, 257.0)
1 KB passage memory used to build PVS
1 msec to calculate PVS
27 areas
62 portals
8 areas visible on average
108 bytes PVS data
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas48
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas32
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas100
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas_rat
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/manor72.aas_elemental
ConversationManager: Found 0 valid conversations.
Entering tdm_main()
Exiting tdm_main()
Spawning entities
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_3: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
value '130 130 130') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachments.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_4: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_1: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
flame' (value '130 220 200') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachment
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_2: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
flame' (value '130 130 200') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachment
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_3: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_1: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_5: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_11: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
(value '130 130 130') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachments.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_12: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_23: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_24: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_26: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_27: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_28: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_29: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_30: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_12: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on
_flame' (value '130 220 200') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachmen
ts.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_2: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_6: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
value '150 130 130') w/o attachment name. Applying to to all attachments.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_7: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_8: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_9: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame' (
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_4: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
WARNING: atdm_ai_animal_horse_tame5_1 has no AAS file
WARNING: atdm_ai_animal_horse_tame2_1 has no AAS file
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_10: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_13: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_14: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_5: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_6: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_15: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_7: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_16: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_17: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_18: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_19: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_20: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_21: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_22: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_25: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_31: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_32: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_33: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_34: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_35: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_36: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_37: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_38: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_39: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_40: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_41: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_42: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_43: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_44: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_45: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_46: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_47: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_49: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_51: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_50: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_52: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_53: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
key_chamber: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
key_servants: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
key_crown: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
key_library: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
key_lobby: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
key_hall: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_54: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_hanging_copper_lit_8: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_
s.
key_crowleys: Fixing inv_category from keys to #str_02392.
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'woman_sobbing.wav' using default
WARNING:atdm_lamp_oil_wall_copper_lit_55: Spawnarg 'set light_radius_on_flame'
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'forest_night.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'mansion_tense.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'ave_maria.wav' using default
... 1640 entities spawned, 0 inhibited
==== Processing events ====
--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------
WARNING:Door nobletoilet is not within a valid AAS area
WARNING:Door FootlockerLid_3 is not within a valid AAS area
WARNING:Door jewllery is not within a valid AAS area
WARNING:Door chamber is not within a valid AAS area
WARNING:Door dirty_secrets_lid is not within a valid AAS area
WARNING:Door body_dump is not within a valid AAS area
ModelGenerator memory: 32 LOD entries with 2 users using 1680 bytes.
--------- Game Map Shutdown done -----
ERROR:file , line 1: missing trailing quote
WARNING:idSession: triggering mainmenu watchdog
]

Neon
Edited by NeonsStyle
  • Like 1

Just noticed that you've got a / and a \ in the same path there mate.

Nice pickup. It was the wrong log lol.;

My quick fix to any leak is to just put a MASSIVE caulk brush around the entire level section (teleport between sections, or tunnel / funnel) and it seals the lot. Then just filter the caulk and it's business as usual.

Probably not the best way, but it allows for a lot of "plumbing and cabling" outside the map area for sound propagation / control through multiple visportals and stuff, without messing with numbers.

---

One thing about using the finest grid is soundproofing - you might have an area where there's a tiny, tiny gap, and the AI will hear thru solid walls - it's a pain, so working with the 2nd smallest, then dropping down for placement helps. For me at least.

Another problem you will get with the "massive brush" solution is, that your visportals won't work properly as they need a space that is sealed properly. If you want your map to work without any problems, you should always build properly. I myself changed the sealing geometry on my WIP and spent a couple of hours finding leaks and fixing them. In order to find all leaks, I filtered all entities (to get only the sealing geometry) and copy/pasted it into a new map. Then I just dmapped this one and could one by one hunt down each leak. I really recommend (as it is describe in the tutorial) to use a grid size of 8 to 16 and snap to grid for all sealing geometry and smaller grids for decorative purposes.

• Like 2