The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Does anyone know the best way to set it so that an AI will always investigate a Torch being put out?

I read through the wiki and found a page about it where you have to apply an arg called shouldBeOn and I applied that and even set the args on the AI so that he notices lights and relights them at max but when I put them out nothing happens.

How do you guys usually setup a torch to be relit and then put the AI on suspicious searching behavior?

Yeah I set that to 1.0 but the AI still does nothing when lights go out

There are two spawnargs. chanceLightTorches and chanceNoticeLight or so IIRC. I guess you have to increase them both. And yes, 0.4 means 40%.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

There's also "chanceNoticeLight", which you can set to 1.0.

Flames higher than 100 units off the floor can't be relit. Note that this is the flame, not the origin of the light holder.

Also make sure there is room for the AI to get to the light.

Is there a way that perhaps using a stim/response I could get the guard to start looking around?

I figured out how to make the light react when it comes into contact with water I just dont know what I need to change on the AI. Is there perhaps something like a CurrentAIState Suspicious sort of thing?

Lights submit a visual stim. You could use that.

Is this still working in the game?

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Relighting_Lights#shouldBeOn

I tried adding the spawnarg and everything else but even when I set it to 2 the guard just start looking around afterwards. Has that changed into something else?

Everything described on the wiki page works.

If you have it set up per the wiki, something else is getting in the way and preventing the AI from relighting the light.

Check monsterclip around the light.

If all else fails, PM me the map or just the room having the problem.

Hi all,

I'm absolutely rubbish at coding and scripting and am in need of someone who could maybe help me out.

I've got some objectives that need to be made visible at particular points in the mission.

The first is objective 1 which is made complete after a book is found. This works.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th are loot objectives for difficulty levels and work fine also.

The 5th is a no kill for expert difficulty level and also works.

The 6th is an objective that needs to be made visible after the book from Objective 1 is closed and set complete when player is at an info_tdm_objective_location. I have an atdm:target_setobjective_visibility near the book.

I have an S&R response trigger on the book, targeted at the atdm:target_setobjective_visibility. The completion trigger is an info_tdm_objective_location.

(brain hurts)

Objective 7 is meant to be set visible when a trigger_once entity is clipped by player at the same position as the info_tdm_objective_location triggers the 6th objective complete. The 7th objective completes when player obtains a readable.

The 8th objective will be the end of this mission and will be a go to info_tdm_objective_location.

Respect :excl:

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

The Objectives Editor has a success target field for each objective. If you include the name of an entity there, it will be triggered upon completion.

So the success target of objective 1 should be a target_setobjective_visibility entity setting the 6th objective to become visible.

You can do the same with obj6 and obj7.

Hi Obsttorte, thanks for the reply.

Does the success target field mean the objective will be set to complete when the entity named in the field is triggered?

The success target field for objective 1 has trigger_count_1 in it.

Or does it mean a prerequisite for the completion of the target, meaning something that has to be triggered to complete the objective?

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

It means that the entity mentioned there will be triggered if the objective state changes to completed.

An example: Let's say you have the objective to knockout a certain ai in a room. In this room there is also an electric lamp. If you set the lamp to be off upon map start and add it's name in the success target field of the knockout objective, then the light will turn on if you knockout the ai, as it get's triggered because the objective was completed.

This one is a little frustrating. I'm trying to modify the skin of the "bookshelf_huge_01.lwo". As far as I can see, this model uses the exact same texture as the "bookshelf1.lwo" and so I thought that it should be relatively simple to just apply the "bookshelf1" alternate skins to the "bookshelf_huge". I made the following skin file:

skin old/bookshelf1_old_alt

{

model models/darkmod/furniture/shelves/bookshelf1.lwo

model models/darkmod/furniture/shelves/bookshelf_wide01.lwo

model models/darkmod/furniture/shelves/bookshelf_huge_01.lwo

bookshelf1 tdm_bookshelf1_old

}

My alternate skin properly shows up and works on the bookshelf1, but while it shows up as a possible skin for bookshelf_huge_01, when I select the alternate skin, nothing happens...what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out, the huge bookshelf was using a different material: bookshelf1noshadows. Once I added that to the skin, it worked.

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

If you are creating skins for the bookshelves, it would be great if ou could upload them. Having more variety for those models would be good, as the are many missions were a library is suitable. :)

Hey obs,

It's actually just a change in the skin file to apply the existing alt skin to the large bookshelf. No new art assets needed :-). But anyone is free to use the skin file when I upload my FM (unless someone needs it sooner of course).

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Ah. I thought you were creating new skins.

So I can't quite figure out how these stim/response system works it's driving me crazy!

Basically I have it set so that when water comes into contact with a torch it causes to guard to walk a path. I have tested the path and it works perfectly, I have tested the water effect and it works good as well (I caused the guard to be knocked out and he was when the arrow hit) the only problem is I just cannot get it to trigger the guard to start his path.

The path I have set is Guard >targets> Waitfortrigger >targets> Pathcorner

I have tried activating the guard but nothing happens then I tried a trigger once but that doesn't work unless I physically walk into it.

Within the stim/response editor I have tried the effect Trigger and activate stim (trigger) on both the guard and the trigger once entity however nothing has worked.

Am I doing something wrong? because if i'm reading into this correctly that should work

You have to add the water response to the torch. The effect is trigger, whichs target must be the guard.

You have to add the water response to the torch. The effect is trigger, whichs target must be the guard.

That doesn't seem to do anything :( The guard just stands there and there isn't even anything in the console either.

Well, it works for me. So step by step.

On the torch:

1. Add response water
  2. add effect trigger
  3. set target to the name of the ai

In the map:

1. Let the ai target the path_waitfortrigger
  2. Let the path_waitfortrigger target the path_corner where the ai should walk to upon triggering

Hi there,

I'm trying to let breakable glass play a special effect upon destruction by using the fx spawnarg.

Hoever, I thought this were referring to particles, but it doesn'T seem so. I only get a black box.

Does anyone know how to use this spawnarg properly?

Thanks

Nevermind, found it.

Well, it works for me. So step by step. On the torch:
  1. Add response water
  2. add effect trigger
  3. set target to the name of the ai

In the map:

1. Let the ai target the path_waitfortrigger
  2. Let the path_waitfortrigger target the path_corner where the ai should walk to upon triggering

Ok I did exactly that and it worked. I have no idea what I was doing I seriously spent about 3-5 hours trying to get this to work haha. I have tried alarm systems and just about everything but thank you very much for taking the time to go through it step by step :)