The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

I had this problem. I think its to do with nVidia cards and Vista. There is some easy way to fix it but I've had everything uninstalled for so long I forget how.

If you search all my previous posts you'll find the answer. I've just tried but I can't find it and don't have time to keep trawling though it all.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

The video card is ordinary. I have "mobile intel r 965 express chipset family", driver is "Intel r Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile". Should I try to change the driver?

It doesnt seem to be crashed. Everything looks fine, but I cant see anything.

By the way TDM works surprisingly quite well.

It needed only the actualization of the card, now it works. Thanks for your advices.

What did you do exactly? The reporter of that bug I linked might be interested in some specific advice.

Ashamed? Nobody here wants to tear you down. :) In fact, now you've helped give the team a sort of documentation of this problem.

My new computer I'm building from scratch might end up running Vista and who know? Maybe I would have ended up with this problem.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

• 1 month later...

Eeenteresting, I'll give it a shot, thx.

Edit: Nope. Device installed is G33/G31 express chipset. Followed links for that driver (the one recommended by the site itself) which agrees with your link. It also agrees with the currently installed driver (from last year). Download, attempt install. Installer informs that it's not correct for this device. Even though everything agrees, and they themselves said it is the correct file. Sigh, whatever.

Eeenteresting, I'll give it a shot, thx.

Edit: Nope. Device installed is G33/G31 express chipset. Followed links for that driver (the one recommended by the site itself) which agrees with your link. It also agrees with the currently installed driver (from last year). Download, attempt install. Installer informs that it's not correct for this device. Even though everything agrees, and they themselves said it is the correct file. Sigh, whatever.

I might be able to fix this for you, go into Device Manager, open the properties for your intel graphics. Go to the "Details" tab and copy the Hardware ID's here. I'll add them to the intel inf so it will install on your computer.

EDIT: Also you have the G33/G31 chipset, but it's probably OEM and therefore the hardware id's are not found in the Intel INF file, so it won't install.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Well, here are the two (no idea why there are two; work system) properties details:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_02941028&REV_0A\3&172E68DD&0&10

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C3&SUBSYS_02941028&REV_0A\3&172E68DD&0&11

Not sure I'll try to 'force' install the drivers though. If I hose this system I have to start the whole annoying setup over.

Well, here are the two (no idea why there are two; work system) properties details:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_02941028&REV_0A\3&172E68DD&0&10

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C3&SUBSYS_02941028&REV_0A\3&172E68DD&0&11

Not sure I'll try to 'force' install the drivers though. If I hose this system I have to start the whole annoying setup over.

Well you can't "hose" a system with display drivers. You can always start in safe mode, uninstall the drivers then restart the computer and install the OEM ones again.

EDIT: Interesting, I was modifying the inf and saw that those HW ID's are already present...

%iBLBG0% = iBLB0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2

%iBLBG1% = iBLB1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C3

So you should be able to use the "Have Disk" method of installing the drivers. So open the win2k_xp14371.exe with winzip or powerarchiver or whichever program you use, and extract the files somewhere.

Now go to Device Manager and open the properties of your display adapter and go the "Driver" tab. Now press the "Update Driver" button. When the wizard comes up, select "No, not this time" and hit "Next". At the next screen choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and hit "Next".

Now select "Don't seach. I will choose the driver to install" and hit "Next". In the next screen click the "Have Disk" button, and when the prompt comes up, click the "Browse" button. Browse to where you extracted the intel driver package and you will find the inf file located in: Graphics\igxp32.inf.

Now click the "Open" button, then click "OK".

Hopefully it will then install the drivers. Good luck, but there's no need for me to modify the package with your hardware ID's as they are already included.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 1 month later...

This thread is simply a place where you can ask simple questions without fear of being accused of not using the search function, or not taking the time to read through a couple of pages of threads.

Lots of newbie questions tend to clutter up the main forum with unnecessary threads, so everyone would appreciate having those questions being safely tucked away in here.

Ask away

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently wrestling with bevels, basically whenever I create one it always textures only the inside of the curve and it always does it in the zy axis. This is making me completely crazy is there a way to stop it making an 'inner bevel'? Obviously I can rotate the patch and manipulate the vertices but it seems to be the opposite of how most tutorials describe the function working in dedit or DR.