The Dark Mod Forums

New Horizon's Journal

New Horizon

Moved from Voice set Design Document Thread

Dark Mod Voice Set:

As of January 12th: 2005.

This is a key to what types of noises will be available for The Dark Mod. The first several lines are a description of the sounds. Following this is a number. This is the approximate number of wav files associated with the particular type of sound. The last line is the suggested name for the first wav file of that series, a number at the end will indicate which number it is when more than one is recorded (example: builder1sleep_1, builder1sleep_2, builder1sleep_3, etc.).

Beneath the names for the files is an example for each line. They will be improvised under my direction to ensure a wide variety of distinctive, yet appropriate, voice sets are achieved.

Sleeping Sounds: Make a noise like you're snoring. (This should preferably be long, perhaps 20 - 40 seconds

breathe slowly).

Number of Wavs: 1

builder1sleep

Greeting: You meet up with a buddy and greet them.

Number of Wavs: 5

builder1greet_1

"How art thou brother?"

ConversationA: General scripted conversations to add realism. Conversation A will be a general greeting.

builder1conversationa_1

"Greetings"

ConversationB: General scripted conversations. Conversation B is a general question.

builder1conversationb_1

"Dids't thou partake in the holy ritual this fair eve?"

ConversationC: General scripted conversations. Conversation C is a general answer.

builder1conversationc_1

"Nay."

Relaxed: These are your humming, whistling, and mumbling noises. Mix it up by talking to yourself in some files, whistling a tune in others, coughing in some, sneezing, singing, etc. Your humming and whistling might be of religious hymns.

Number of Wavs: 10 - 15

builder1relaxed_1

"Nothing but contempt for the Builder in this town I tell you."

At Alert 0: On the job.

Number of Wavs: 10 - 15

builder1a0_1

"Heathens would be wise not to tread in this place this evening."

To Alert 1: You notice something, but you're not sure what. This should be general, such as "what is that?" etc.

Number of Wavs: 3

builder1t1_1

"Hm? What?"

To Alert 1 + Heard: Same as above, only this one means you notice something auditory. This should be specific, such as "I thought I heard something."

Number of Wavs: 4

builder1t1h_1

"Twas that a sound I heard?"

To Alert 1 + Saw: Same as above, only you notice something with your sight. This is also specific, such as "I thought I saw something."

builder1t1s_1

"Didst I spy something there?"

To Alert 1 + Company: You notice something general when you're with your buddy and you ask him something.

builder1t1c_1

"Didst thou notice anything?"

To Alert 1 + Heard + Company: You notice something auditory with your buddy.

builder1t1hcompany_1

"Didst thou hear that?"

To Alert 1 + Saw + Company: You notice something visually amiss with your buddy.

builder1t1scompany_1

"Sawest thou anything there?"

To Alert 2: You notice something general, and it caught your attention enough to warrant an investigation. (note, you're not investigating now, but will be right after you say this)

builder1talert2_1

"What was that, that didst disturb the Builder's hallowed ground?"

To Alert 2 + Heard: You hear something loud which you should investigate. Same as above only now it's specific to hearing. "I heard that! Come out!"

builder1t2heard_1

"Who maketh such sounds to disturbeth the Builder at this hour?"

To Alert 2 + Saw: You saw something in the shadows which you should investigate. Same as above, only now specific to seeing. "What's that in the shadows? I see that!"

builder1t2saw_1

"Whatever manner of creature be there in the shadows, come out now or be smote."

Investigate General: You're wandering around looking for some kind of intruder.

Number of Wavs: 8

builder1investigate_1

"I shalt spy thee, whoever thou be."

Investigate barrel

builder1investigate_1

"Better check behind those barrels."

Investigate chair:

Number of Wavs: 2

builder1ichair_1

"Better check behind that chair."

Investigate couch

builder1icouch_1

"Better check behind that couch."

Investigate crates

builder1icrates_1

"Better check behind those crates."

Investigate desk

builder1idesk_1

"Better check around that desk."

Investigate door

builder1idoor_1

"Better check behind that door."

Investigate ladder

builder1iladder_1

"Better check around that ladder."

Investigate machinery

builder1imachinery_1

"Better check behind that machinery."

Investigate shadows

builder1ishadows_1

"Better take a peek in those shadows."

Investigate shelf

builder1ishelf_1

"Better check behind that shelf."

Investigate statue

builder1istatue_1

"Better check behind that statue."

Investigate table

builder1itable_1

"Better check under that table."

Investigate curtains

builder1icurtains_1

"Better check behind those curtains."

To Alert 3: You notice something general which makes you just know there is somebody snooping around. You haven't spotted the player exactly, but you're sure he is there.

builder1talert3_1

"Ha! Tis an intruder that doth call me to my arms tonight. Come out at once!"

Spotted the Player: You see the player and are preparing to attack.

builder1spot_1

"The Builder shall strike thee down villain!"

Spotted the Player with a Body: You see the player carrying a dead or unconscious person.

builder1spotb_1

"Unhand that faithful servant and prepare to meet thy doom!"

Spot player distant - rafters: You see the player in the rafters.

builder1sdrafters_1

"There's someone up in the rafters!"

Spot player distant roof. You see the player on the roof.

builder1sdroof_1

"There's someone up on the roof!"

Spot player distant steps. You see the player on the steps.

builder1sdstepss_1

"There's someone on the steps!"

Spot player distant street. You see the player on the street.

builder1sdstreet_1

"There's someone out in the street!"

Charging the Player: You're going ballistic and running straight ahead at the player. RAAAAAA!!!!!

builder1chrg_1

Shooting: You're shooting arrows at the player.

builder1bow_1

"Builder guide my arrow!"

Frustration: The player is out of reach (such as standing on a table) and you can't reach him. You're angry and frustrated.

builder1frst_1

"Thou art a craven to shy from thine punishment! Come down here!"

Throw Object at Player: The player is out of reach (such as standing on a table) and you can't reach him. You're angry and throw something.

builder1throw_1

"Thou shalt come down and face me fiend! Take THAT Craven!"

Running Away for help: You're scared and running like a sissy. Call out to your brothers for help.

builder1run_1

"Brethren! Help me!"

Return with help spot player: You have returned with help and found the player.

builder1sphelp_1

"Believe me now? I told ya there was someone here."

Return with help lost player: You have returned with help but the player is missing.

builder1lphelp_1

"There was just someone here...I swear it!"

Tell by Revelation: You have been searching for the player with the help of your other Hammerites, and suddenly found him!

builder1rev_1

"Twas I right brothers, we doth have a Thief!"

Tell by Confirmation: You saw the player, lost him, began searching for him, and now found him again with your brothers close by.

builder1conf_1

"The Builder hath guided me to thee again! Thou canst hide!"

Tell by location alley: Saw the player in the alley and you tell your comrades.

Number or Wavs: 3

builder1alley_1

He's in the alley!

Tell by location atrium: Saw the player in the atrium and you tell your atrium.

builder1atrium_1

He's in the atrium!

Tell by location bathroom: Saw the player in the bathroom and you tell your comrades.

builder1bathroom_1

He's in the bathroom!

Tell by location bedroom: Saw the player in the bedroom and you tell your comrades.

builder1bedroom_1

He's in the bedroom!

Tell by location basement: Saw the player in the basement and you tell your comrades.

builder1basement_1

He's in the basement!

Tell by location chamber: Saw the player in the chamber and you tell your comrades.

builder1chamber_1

He's in the chamber!

Tell by location chapel: Saw the player in the chapel and you tell your comrades.

builder1chapel_1

He's in the chapel!

Tell by location courtyard: Saw the player in the courtyard and you tell your comrades.

builder1courtyard_1

He's in the courtyard!

Tell by location hallway: Saw the player in the hallway and you tell your comrades.

builder1hallway_1

He's in the hallway!

Tell by location inside: Saw the player inside and you tell your comrades.

builder1inside_1

He's inside!

Tell by location kitchen: Saw the player in the kitchen and you tell your comrades.

builder1kitchen_1

He's in the kitchen!

Tell by location library: Saw the player in the library and you tell your comrades.

builder1library_1

He's in the library!

Tell by location outside: Saw the player outside and you tell your comrades.

builder1outside_1

He's outside!

To Alert 0: Relax. No need for alarm after all. It was just the wind.

Number of Wavs: 6

builder1t0_1

"Twas surely the work of a Heathen to get me riled up."

Lost the Player: After seeing the player, the player slips off into the shadows. You are mad you lost him.

builder1lost_1

"Tis surely pagan shadows that envelope thee, coward!"

Notice an Extinguished Torch: You notice that a torch is out. You complain to yourself about it.

builder1torc_1

"How canst we expect to be holy with such unreliable mechanisms lighting our way. Bah!"

Relight Torch: You notice that a torch is out. You relight it.

builder1trelight_1

"This is the last time I relight this thing tonight!"

Refuse to relight Torch: You notice that a torch is out. Refuse to relight it.

builder1ntrelight_1

"To hell with it. I'm sick of these things sputtering out. Someone else will get it.!"

Notice Suspicious Item: There is something nearby which should not be there or something which is amiss (such as when a guard notices that a door is open and it shouldn't be open: "Hey, this isn't right."). However, you're not going up to max alert. It just seems strange to you.

builder1susp_1

"Hm, tis odd that."

Found Body: You found a body on the ground.

builder1bod_1

"Thou shalt be avenged, fair servant!"

Found Something Missing: There is something mission that shouldn't be. You've been robbed and you know it.

builder1mis_1

"Huhhhhhh! Tis gone! We have a thief amongst us!"

Recently Saw Player: You just saw the player not too long ago, but the player escaped. Now, you're telling your brother that there is an intruder and that you have seen him.

builder1rsaw_1

"Stay sharp brother, we have an infidel amongst us."

Recently Found Body: You recently found a body and are relaying the information to your buddy.

builder1rbod_1

"Be careful brother, one of our own kind has just been slain!"

Recently Found Something Missing: You know you've been robbed and you're telling your buddy about it.

builder1rmis_1

"Fellow brother, didst I just see an artifact go missing in the other room. Be on the lookout for a thief."

Attacking and Not Losing: These are general combat grunts that occur during fighting. These usually occur just as you're swinging your hammer (remember you're using a hammer and not a sword). They can also be taunts that occur as you swing, such as "Take THAT!"

builder1atnl_1

"HIYA!"

Attacking and Winning: You're grunting and attacking, only now you're a bit cockier because you're winning. These can be grunts, like above, but can also be cocky remarks you spout out as you swing your hammer.

builder1atw_1

"Take this!" "Hiya!"

Attacking and Losing: You're grunting, but now you're worried because you're losing the fight. These occur, as above, just as you swing your hammer, and should basically be the same in nature. However, you probably want to sound a little more strained... you're exerting yourself as you swing your hammer.

builder1atl_1

Hit the Player: You just thwacked the player with your hammer. Celebrate and ask him how it feels.

builder1hp_1

"One lump or two, thief?!"

Hit the Player + Company: Same as above only your fellow Hammerite is nearby. Brag about hitting the player to your brother.

builder1hpc_1

"Look how he bleeds, brother!"

Blocked the Player: You blocked the player's attack. Respond with a cocky remark.

builder1bp_1

"No skill of the Trickster canst match my hammer!"

Blocked the Player + Company: You blocked the player and a fellow Hammerite is nearby. Tell your brother the player can't fight worth a crap.

builder1bpc_1

"Look how he fails! Tis poor fighting indeed!"

Hit By the Player + Hi Hit Points: You just got hit, but you still have a lot of energy left. This is a grunt of pain as you get hit with the sword.

builder1hhi_1

"Ow"

Hit By the Player + Low Hit Points: You got hit by the player, but now you're feeling some pain. This is a grunt of pain that sounds more strained.

builder1hlo_1

"OW!!!"

Hit By the Player No Damage: The player tried to blackjack you after you'd seen him. What an idiot.

builder1hnd_1

"Thou canst not defeat me with such a weapon!"

Blocked by the Player: The player blocked your attack. But he can't block them all.

builder1bbp_1

"Thou werest lucky thief!"

Blocked by the Player + Company: The player blocked your attack, but you still have the advantage with a friend nearby.

builder1bbpc_1

"Help me get his guard down brother!"

Player Tried to Block: The player is trying to block your attacks, but isn't doing so well. Laugh at him or make fun of him.

builder1pnb_1

"Thou arst no warrior!"

Player Tried to Block + Company: The player tried to block and failed. Your friend is close by, so brag about it.

builder1pnbc_1

"he failed to stop our blow! We canst not be beaten!"

Ambushed: You got hit in the back while you weren't looking and are feeling the pain. This is a grunt of pain, but also might be a remark to the effect that the player is a dirty backstabber.

builder1amb_1

"Ahhh! The trickster doth stab me!"

Coming to assist: A comrade called for help and you are on your way to assist them.

builder1assist_1

"Hold on. I'm coming!"

Ambushed + Company: You got hit in the back while you weren't looking. Why isn't your brother next to you doing something?

builder1ambc_1

"ARGGGG! I am ambushed!"

Fatiqued: You are out of shape and have been chasing the intruder for too long. You really should get some more exercise.

builder1fatigued_1

Blinded: You have been blinded by a flash of light. This hurts, but try not to express it verbally.

builder1blinded_1

On Fire: You are on fire. Scream like a sissy.

builder1onfire_1

Gassed: You have been gassed. Cough, sputter and pass out.

builder1gassed_1

Drowning: You are drowning. Gurgle and choke.

builder1drowning_1

Plummeting: You are falling to your death. Let it be known that you don't like the idea.

builder1plummeting_1

Die Quiet: You got assassinated or blackjacked and are going down. Make a grunt, but as the name suggests, it's kind of quiet. This should only be about a second in length.

builder1diequiet_1

Die Loud: Yep. You're dead. Theatrics are welcomed here. This should be about 3 - 4 seconds in length.

builder1dieloud_1

I like a lot of the additions, but just a couple comments:

"The Builder hath guided me to thee again! Thou canst hide!"

Should be, '"Thou canNOT hide," shouldn't it? Canst means can. I suppose you could say 'canst not' if necessary.

Tell by location chapel: Saw the player in the chapel and you tell your comrades.

How will these 'tell by location' barks work?

Hmm, I guess the "tell by location" would be similar to the object stim comments. There would have to be some way of placing a trigger where the AI knew where they were and selected the appropriate resonse. I wanted to cover as many bases as possible with the test set for Sparhawk. If we end up not using them, no great loss...but they're available for testing all the same. :) We just need real maps to test them in.