The Dark Mod Forums

Version 0.10.0 preparations

I've changed the version number of the latest source release to 0.10.0, so that we can follow the a.b.c version convention, where:

a = major release

b = feature releases (significant new features)

c = bugfix releases

These are the notable changes I am aware of:

• Blend materials supported in renderer (multiply, add etc)
  • Vertex colours and vertex-blended materials supported in renderer
  • Renderer supports static cubemap skyboxes
  • Projected light rendering fixed (except for start/end planes)
  • Use of GLSL instead of ARB shaders
  • Light scale (brightness) parameter set to 2 for Doom 3 to match game
  • Speaker radius shown when speaker is selected
  • "Add speaker" menu option provides dialog to select a sound shader
  • New property editor for "angle" key, with 8 standard direction buttons
  • Entity inspector no longer loses selection when updating key value
  • Improved support for multiple .game files, code no longer assumes a single game file
  • Entity inspector dialog components minimum size set correctly, split pane cannot be dragged to hide the widgets

@Greebo -- any changes or fixes at your end I am not aware of?

There's not much I did in this release, I realise - I only did some multi-monitor UI fixes and other minor stuff like Shader and Model Counts. Plus a new command written in Python.

How close would you guys say til we're at version 1? Are you waiting for the mod to go Beta?

The intention would be that 1.0 would be released sometime around the release of the main mod, for consistency, although the actual features that qualify for DarkRadiant 1.0 are fairly arbitrary. Hopefully I can get the light shader refactoring done and add support for blend/ambient/fog lights, so that DR 1.0 can have a respectable (but not perfect) renderer, rather than an embarassment like it was not so long ago.

• 1 month later...
All of the Debian package stuff is updated and ready to go -- Greebo, let me know when you have a revision you are happy to release as 0.10.0, and I'll get the deb builds done.

You can also PM me and I try to build a few more for different architectures.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

You can also PM me and I try to build a few more for different architectures.

Thanks -- I have a 64-bit machine now so I will build 32 and 64-bit versions for my current distribution (Jaunty) and the latest LTS release (Hardy), maybe Intrepid as well if I get time.

Thanks -- I have a 64-bit machine now so I will build 32 and 64-bit versions for my current distribution (Jaunty) and the latest LTS release (Hardy), maybe Intrepid as well if I get time.

I am still running hardy on both my laptop and PC, so hardy 32 and 64 bit would be welcome :)

I still have the virtualbox at my PC so I could cmpile too, but not before wednesday.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

I still have to look into the UndoSystem bug in the Lighting render mode you mentioned yesterday (and plus one more bug I ran into yesterday). When that's done, I think we're ready for release.

H, I and J are all there now in both architectures.

Cool, just updated :)

Cool, just updated :)

Correction: I could only update my 32bit laptop. My 64bit PC shows "1 update available", but then it says "held back one package" and it can't update. Running apt-get from the command line produces the same ("held back one package").

Is there a problem with the 64bit packages?

I'm not aware of any particular problems, they all seemed to build correctly. Which distribution are you using?

Kubuntu Hardy 64bit. Can try to access my PC on wednesday and see if I can get more info out of apt-get.