The Dark Mod Forums

Deeom 3 Expansion? german version?

gerna

Hi,

just some questions which i couldnt find fast with the search engine. i'm thinking of buying doom 3 cause of this mod..

so, is it in any way preferable to have the doom 3 expansion also installed? and does tdm work with the german version of doom 3 as good as with the english one?

Thank you for a friendly answer.

We're not using any language-specific game content like D3 voice sounds, so in actual TDM gameplay there won't be a difference, I think.

However, some main menu GUI strings and buttons might be missing in the German language file. I don't have access to a German version of the game anyway, so somebody else would need to check this out.

We're not using any language-specific game content like D3 voice sounds, so in actual TDM gameplay there won't be a difference, I think.

However, some main menu GUI strings and buttons might be missing in the German language file. I don't have access to a German version of the game anyway, so somebody else would need to check this out.

I am using the German version and it works just fine, except that everything is in English in TDM :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I thought you couldn't even get Doom 3 in Germany, because it might hurt people's feelings and that is now a crime according to modern politicians.

The game is +18, so it is not available on ebay, and not in online shops as a used version.

You can only buy it:

* via Steam. This means you need a credit card *and* be over 18, too. (You also might get a "cut" version but I am not sure)

* online as the retail version, but that is no longer possible (since D3 is only sold on Steam, see above).

* drive over the border and buy it there, or order it online from someplace else (which becomes rather hard with so many shops now checking your IP and delivering you a "german" version of their shop :(

You might be able to get a "bargain bin version" somehow, but these are rather rare (and/or non-existing).

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

* online as the retail version, but that is no longer possible (since D3 is only sold on Steam, see above).
Are you sure about that? I think you can still buy it online without problems (if you're 18).

sry cant edit topic title anymore.

you can get the english version at ebay from great britain. ive already buyed games rater 18 from there. and its also sold here in the electronic market (saturn) for 7 € . its the Green pepper version (uncut). and yes u guys are right only the manual is german, the rest of the game is us, at lest the green peper version. case solved : )

thank you for your answers

Edited by gerna

Are you sure about that? I think you can still buy it online without problems (if you're 18).

I don't think any online shop besides steam carriers it, but the 18+ applies, anyway. (And buying online +18 alway entails registering and extra costs just for registering yourself with the store. I think it is 2 or 5 € extra plus some stuff like mailing in a form or a copy of your ID papers).

sry cant edit topic title anymore.

you can get the english version at ebay from great britain. ive already buyed games rater 18 from there. and its also sold here in the electronic market (saturn) for 7 € . its the Green pepper version (uncut). and yes u guys are right only the manual is german, the rest of the game is us, at lest the green peper version. case solved : )

thank you for your answers

Ah, yes, the Saturn version must be new, I remember now a collegue of mine told me he bought it a few weeks ago, but I forgot whether it was on Steam or in a shop and assumed it was via Steam (as I know he has Steam and already asked me if TDM runs on the Steam version :)

After v1.0 I can convince him to try TDM :)