The Dark Mod Forums

Doom 3 Directory Change...

BStoltman

I currently have Thief 1 & 2 & 3installed in a directory structure like:

D:\Thief series\Thief 1 - The Dark Project (Gold)\

D:\Thief series\Thief 2 - The Metal Age\

D:\Thief series\Thief 3 - Deadly Shadows\

and I really want to be able to install Doom 3 with the Dark Mod project in a directory like:

D:\Thief series\Thief - The Dark Mod\

I acknowledge it is not technically a thief - blah blah legal jargon, however this is besides the point, I would love to follow this structure, as well as not need a CD. I have legitly purchased Doom 3 As well as every Thief title. I have all thiefs running without CD, and are on a partition that if I format, and reinstall windows, All my thief titles work without reinstalling, and maintain all major settings. However when I do this with the Dark Mod with the Beta levels, this directory structure breaks the mod, as well as if I use a nocd on the Doom3 engine w/ The dark Mod. Can this be remedied, hopefully before launch. I really hope to not have to break my structure if at all possible.

Thanks for the tips, and keep up the great work!

You don't need a no-CD crack with Doom 3. I believe one of the later patches removed the need for a CD.

It's not possible to have the darkmod/saintlucia/etc. outside your Doom 3 folder - we tried, it doesn't work. The closest you can get to your structure is installing Doom 3 to D:\Thief series\Thief - The Dark Mod\ and then putting TDM a level deeper inside that, as per usual. So instead of e.g. C:\Games\Doom 3\darkmod you'd have D:\Thief series\Thief - The Dark Mod\darkmod.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Was spaces in path names actually ever positively identified as definitely being an issue? AFAIK any problems we had that were attributed to having spaces in path names were actually due to other causes.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.