The Dark Mod Forums

Furniture Pics - Dressers

Darkness_Falls

I wanted to post these sooner, but I don't have a digital camera. Had to borrow one. I know -- I'm in the dark ages. Anyways, I thought I'd post these in case anyone wanted to model them. I like their design, especially the mirrors. Not sure how old they are, but they're from my grandma who passed away in 2000 at age 96. She apparently had them a long time. I'd like to think they're 100 years old (maybe more?), but I have no clue. My aunt said grandma had them a long, long time. Besides the fact that I think they'd fit well in a Thief setting, I'd of course think it'd be cool to see these when I play.

There are 3 pictures of each dresser. I only display the first one of each, but clicky for the other 2 of each.

The mirrors tilt up or down on a horizontal axis. The axis is where the gold-colored metal pegs are screwed into the wood on either side of the mirror. The screws can be hand-tightened to the desired tension.

The dressers are symmetrical. That is, what you see on the left is what you see on the right. Sorry I couldn't move my TV at the time, but since they're symmetrical, it shouldn't matter. The men's dresser has small drawers (one on far left, one on far right) on top of the desk part. Hopefully you can see in pics. The lady's dresser has two small drawers on top of the desk part, under the mirror. These small drawers are in addition to, of course, the larger drawers underneath the desktops which are more clearly visible.

The sitting bench in front of the lady's goes with the dresser. However, that white fabric didn't come on it. My ex put that on. I'm not sure what the original fabric was or would've been.

I have higher resolution pics of each, if desired. Thanks for considering these for DarkMod. Sorry they're not better angles/lighting. I was in a hurry when I took these.

The first one seems to be a "lady's" version of the dresser. It's smaller, more petite looking:

dresser-l-3.jpg

Dresser - Lady's 2

Dresser - Lady's 3

And the second one seems to be a "men's" dresser. Much larger and bulkier:

dresser-m-1.jpg

Dresser - Men's 2

Dresser - Men's 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 3 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

Maybe a bit of advice ? In the FM series I'm preparing, the two main characters have the given names Toby and Agnes (it's the protagonist and deuteragonist, respectively), I've been toying with the idea of giving them family names as well, since many of the FM series have named protagonists who have surnames. Toby's from a family who were usually farriers, though he eventually wound up working as a cobbler (this serves as a daylight "front" for his night time thieving). Would it make sense if the man's popularly accepted family name was Farrier ? It's an existing, though less common English surname, and it directly refers to the profession practiced by his relatives. Your suggestions ?
      · 9 replies