The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Training Mission (2009/10/17)

Fidcal

Ok, just wanted to make sure. Tried for quite a while to climb out of the tower window.

Little glitch I found:

I "discovered" a small glitch in the training map.

When I mantle up this board

yaiauhm4.png

sometimes I can look outside the map.

bp5b2xnh.png

9deoitzv.png

But anyway:

Great work you guys, thank you for your hard work !

I like the jumping area and the task of finding all 10 health potions!

In the shooting area in the barn when you reach the corner you can see out of the map. But then you get suddenly pushed outside and find yourself trapped between the barn and the wall! So you can't get out without noclip.

post-3294-125604342256_thumb.jpg

In the fighting area I suddenly saw this:

post-3294-125604351637_thumb.jpg

However great mission, I like the lockpicking section :-)

PsymH: We are now fairly certain the problem is with one of the models: a pedestal that is present in at least three rooms and crashes a few systems we don't yet know why. We're looking for a solution. Until then, if you go in backwards or looking at the ground but don't look at the pedestal in the centre of the room! Same for two rooms in Chalice of Kings. Sorry but until we figure it out that is the best we can say at the moment.

So it's the pedestal, not the statue? I'll try looking at it tonight then if it's an .lwo file.

They are

models/darkmod/architecture/pillars/groovedpillar01_med.lwo

and

models/darkmod/furniture/tables/pillar_grooved01.lwo

but I think there is a larger family of variations of this model. You can see the above are in architecture and in furniture but I think they are the same basic type so there may be more.

Still theory but this is highly suspect being the only one at the scene of each of the three crimes. I was thinking of doing a test map but not had time. There were two or three players at ttlg had the same thing but I can't recall if it was a graphics card problem. I seem to recall someone said it was an ATI card and when he switched something off to cure one problem (spinning sky) then he got these crashes. But don't quote me; I might be confusing posts.

Yes, that's what I recall as well...he turned off the Catalyst AI (whatever that is) and then got these crashes. Well, I'll check out the pillars when I get home, though I'm puzzled about what might be enough to crash some systems yet not throw up a warning in D3.

Though I have some vague, hazy memory of these pillars using vertex blending...could be wrong about that though.

My feedback about training mission: AMAZING!

I like a lot the climbing section and i think combat arena also it's very useful (for a perfect training with the new combat i suggest to insert the cheat "god" mode in the console, then you can learn a lot more how to use the sword).

Maybe in the far future releases the training mission will start with some voice like "Welcome Young Player, in nearby rooms i will instruct you various skills to survive..."

B) B) B)

My feedback about training mission: AMAZING!

I like a lot the climbing section and i think combat arena also it's very useful (for a perfect training with the new combat i suggest to insert the cheat "god" mode in the console, then you can learn a lot more how to use the sword).

Maybe in the far future releases the training mission will start with some voice like "Welcome Young Player, in nearby rooms i will instruct you various skills to survive..."

B) B) B)

Thanks. Yeah nice - perhaps even a hooded figure in the shadows to instruct you ... :ph34r:

Now that's odd: I tested it on my laptop with Vista 32-bit Home Premium, 4GB and ATI Radeon 3100 on low settings and I can now enter the room (from my screenshot above). Now let's see, if it's still crashing on the double door in the first upper floor from "Chalice of Kings".

Maybe it's a driver issue because on my desktop PC I have to use the 9.4 catalyst, where on my laptop is a newer version installed.

I'll look, if it's work on my win7 partition from my desktop PC.

Edited by PsymH