greebo

New System

CPU - AMD Phenom 2x6 1055t

Mainboard - MSI K9N6PGM2-V2

Case - CoolerMaster Haf 922M

RAM - 4Gig DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws

Video card - MSI GTX465

Harddrives - 3 internal SATA, 1 external IDE / 2.5 TB

OS - OpenSuse / Mepis / Sabayon / PCLinuxOS / LinuxMInt / Ubuntu maverick / Scientific / Pardus / Chakra / Peppermint / Mandriva / Win7 / PC-BSD

Edited by peispud

Windows 7 64 Ultimate

- CPU

Phenom2 x3 720 Black Edition @ 3.7ghz and the 4'th core unlocked :)

- System RAM

4gb Corsair DDR3 1600

- Video Card

Xfx HD5670 1GB

- Video Drivers (if that info is available)

catalyst 10.6 1920x1080(46" Lcd native)

- Experienced Performance, Steps you had to perform to get it running or problematic driver versions, etc.

Smooth as silk at max settings other then AA which is at default

Edited by thelvyn

I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on disk!

Oops bad sectors damn floppy's!

thelvyn, what voltage do you need to get your Phenom stable at 3.7 GHz? I had mine at 1,34V at 3.4 GHz. Even then TDM would hang up every once in a while. I have it back on stock voltage and TDM runs trouble-free.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Operating System

Windows Seven Ultimate 64-bit

CPU

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz

System RAM

4 gb DDR2

Video Card

Geforce GTX 275

Video Drivers

Geforce Driver Release 258.96

Experienced Performance

Opening doors have sometimes made the game lag for a second or so, I still haven't solved it.

Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit

Cpu:

Core i7 930 - 2,8 GHz

Gpu:

gtx470 - Driver: 258.96

Ram:

6gb ddr3 - 1333, Cl7

Its running just fine with maximum settings (res 1680*1050). I even get at least 24 fps in Return to the City.

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

CPU

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHz

System RAM

8GB OCZ DDR2

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 4870

Video Drivers

Catalyst™ Version 10.8

Experienced Performance

Great performance after disabling Catalyst AI and allowing the program to manage AA & AF, aside from two missions I am completely unable to load. Running in native resolution of 1680x1050.

Edited by Shaz

Operating System

Windows XP

CPU

Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9500 2.83Ghz

System RAM

4GB

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 4890

Video Drivers

Catalyst™ Version 10.8

Experienced Performance

Had to disable Catalyst AI to make skies correct. Running in native resolution of 1680x1050. No AA, No AF. Looks pretty, runs smooth as silk. Except in the *old* version of return to the city, that is the only map where I've had performance issues.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 1 month later...

Updated System

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Video Card: ATi Asus HD5750 1Gb GDDR5

Ingame

Resolution: 2048x1152

V-Sync: Off

AA: x16

TA: x16

Bloom: Off

Ambient rendering: Standard

Interaction Shader: Standard

Disabled Catalyst AI to stop the mouse from moving the sky and some other Catalyst related issues which were easily fixed.

Edited by JC12

• 2 months later...

Operating System

Windows 7 64 bit

CPU

Athlon X2 6000+ 3 GHz

System RAM

4 GB

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 6850 1 GB

Video Drivers

Catalyst™ Version 10.12

Experienced Performance

At 1600*1200 with medium (standard) graphics settings, it's playable but it is still very visibly choppy. No graphical glitches or anything like that. Tried it with each setting turned on or off one by one and in every combination, but it's always the same. And it's not an even choppiness either (the sort that you get when your specs aren't up to the task), but rather that extremely annoying stop-and-start type that I haven't been able to find the cause of. All the more odd since the base game (Doom 3) runs perfectly smooth.

Operating System

Windows 7 64 bit

CPU

Athlon X2 6000+ 3 GHz

System RAM

4 GB

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 6850 1 GB

Video Drivers

Catalyst™ Version 10.12

Experienced Performance

At 1600*1200 with medium (standard) graphics settings, it's playable but it is still very visibly choppy. No graphical glitches or anything like that. Tried it with each setting turned on or off one by one and in every combination, but it's always the same. And it's not an even choppiness either (the sort that you get when your specs aren't up to the task), but rather that extremely annoying stop-and-start type that I haven't been able to find the cause of. All the more odd since the base game (Doom 3) runs perfectly smooth.

Have you tried disabling Catalyst "optimizations" completely?

One more thing to try: open the console and use "tdm_lg_interleave 2" (or try higher values, the default is 1, don't forget to set this value back to something under 5!). Does that make it less choppy?

Another thing: Try to "bind" the Doom3 process to one CPU. (I don't know how you do that on Windows, tho)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Experienced Performance

Did you already try to diable Energy Management for the gaming session? I found that my fps increase enormously if I do.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Have you tried disabling Catalyst "optimizations" completely?

One more thing to try: open the console and use "tdm_lg_interleave 2" (or try higher values, the default is 1, don't forget to set this value back to something under 5!). Does that make it less choppy?

Another thing: Try to "bind" the Doom3 process to one CPU. (I don't know how you do that on Windows, tho)

Open the application, open Task Manager, find the application, right click it, click Set Affinity, then untick <all processors> and the other core(s) until you have it set to just 1 core. I needed to do this to get T1 working

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• 1 month later...

System

Alienware M17x

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU

Core 2 Quad Q9000 @ 2.2 Ghz

System RAM

6 GB DDR3

Video Card

2x Geforce GTX 260M 1GB

Storage

1.2 TB (2 x 640 GB 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache - RAID0)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

thats a monster laptop you got there AH.. those 260M in sli are I imagine almost it not faster than a desktop GTX580....

LOL no I WISH!

A GTX580 desktop part is around 437% faster than the GTX260M SLi according to various benchmarks. The 260M part is the G92b chip which is the old GeForce 9800 GT desktop part.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

System

Alienware M17x

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU

Core 2 Quad Q9000 @ 2.2 Ghz

System RAM

6 GB DDR3

Video Card

2x Geforce GTX 260M 1GB

Storage

1.2 TB (2 x 640 GB 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache - RAID0)

But still awesome! Alienware is so expensive :o ... and good looking. Care to post a picture? :)

btw, I wonder where I can get:

Ram: 4Gig ddr5

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

• 2 weeks later...

New system/upgrade:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge @ 3.40GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67-UD3-B3

RAM: 8gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600MHz XMP

GPU: Asus Radeon HD5850 1GB

Resolution: Still 4320x900 @ max settings (why does the anti aliasing always reset to 0?:wacko: maybe I need some extra line in my autoexec.cfg?)

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080