The Dark Mod Forums

Post your System Configuration here

greebo

I'm new here so \o/ to everyone that frequents the forums and this is my first post.

I've played a number of TDM missions in the past 3 weeks,

Mandrasola

Return to the City

Fiasco at Fauchard Street

Alberic's Curse

Trapped!

Business as Usual

No Honor Among Thieves (1-3)

Tears of St. Lucia

A Score to Settle

I haven't had any performance issues with any of these missions, 4xAA, 16xAF, 1920x1200, everything else maxed.

System Specs

Game running on Samsung 840pro 256gb ssd

OS on Crucial C300 128gb ssd

780gtx (threaded optimization disabled)

Gigabyte P67a-UD7 motherboard

Soundblaster zxr

2600k clocked @4.4Ghz on water

8gb Ram 1600mhz

1 over 3, 1920x1200 monitors NVSurround +aux Link

I haven't been monitoring FPS because I haven't experienced any slowdowns in-game so I'm unaware what they are.

I would like to play TDM in surround but have been unsuccessful getting the old gamex86.dll thing working as mentioned about mid-page here.

Nice talking to you fellas, I'll see you around as I'm planning on creating an FM. :)

Edited by Lux
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My old but still adequate system specs are:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 stepping G0 OC`ed @ 3.1GHz (has booted to win7 64bit @ 3.60 but it`s hot here in OZ)

6GB DDR2 Ram (2GB Apogee and 4GB Corsair)

Gigabyte DSP35 Mobo

Gigabyte GTX470 SOC version super overclock yeh.

Vertex2 120GB OS SSD

10,000 rpm 300GB WD Raptor Games HDD

Samsung 1TB 7200 rpm storage HDD

On board audio Realtek 889A

Benq XL2410T 120Hz refresh monitor 1080P

Win7 HP 64bit

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

Gaming rig specs:

Core i7 @ 3.8GHz on some EVGA board

12GBish RAM, 1 stick goes on/off randomly on startup

Nvidia 660Ti

26" LG panel, 1920x1200

Samsung 830 SSD's on OS and games HDD

FPS is locked on 60 and it seems to stay there, haven't noticed any slowdowns in any maps.

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing slowdowns in a lot of missions and only few of them runs at 60 FPS (my target, I don't care about graphics, since I have a bit of motion sickness I have to play games in 60 FPS without stuttering)

I am playing on high settings, tried lower but the performance is same.

My specs:

Sabertooth X79

i7 3820 @ 3,60 GHz

Nvidia GTX560

8 GB DDR3 Kingston

22'' 1920x1080; 60 Hz

Windows 7 64-bit

Hmm everything in your system is uber overkill for TDM, bar the GTX560, but even then its more than capable.

So of the top of my head.... what have you set AA and AS too..? as anything higher than 2/4x on that card will Im guessing cause some lag if your running the game at 1920*1080

I have set AA on 2x and AS as well. As I said I tried even low settings/resolution but slowdowns still occur. Any other idea? I really want to play this in 60FPS :( GTX 560 is going to be replaced soon, I am one of those lucky guys that have cards which are causing artifacts.

Edited by Friendly_Taffer

I have set AA on 2x and AS as well. As I said I tried even low settings/resolution but slowdowns still occur. Any other idea? I really want to play this in 60FPS :( GTX 560 is going to be replaced soon, I am one of those lucky guys that have cards which are causing artifacts.

What does the fan look like on the card? Is it free of dust? Is the card overclocked?

• 2 months later...

Mobo : Asus P8H61-MX USB3

CPU : i5 3570K stock (atm)

GPU : GTX Titan (won in a competition) also stock (atm)

Ram : 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3

PSU : Coolermaster GX-750 80plus Bronze certified

Case : AVP K2 Defender

monitor : LG 23" W2363D (3D capable)

Occasional gaming screen: LG 42" HDTV for steam big picture and general Xbox controller games

Keyboard : MadCatz v5

Mouse : Logitec G500

Headphones : sages 7.1 surround SA-901

Peripherals : Nvidia 3D vision kit, Mad Catz 360 control pad.

My system is called The Beast, not because of what is in it but because before i upgraded the fans in my case I had an old 80mm that would speed up then slowdown then speed up and it sounded like heavy breathing

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too

You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through

So when you're waiting for the next attack

You'd better stand, there's no turning back

CPU: i5 2500k 3.3GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: GTX 560Ti 2GB

Drivers: 314.22 for life because Nvidia can't make new ones that work.

SSD: Crucial 120GB

Experienced Performance: 1920x1080 @ 60fps steady. V-Sync enabled. Full Screen. Max settings EXCEPT for AA which is turned off as 2xAA to 16xAA wrecks my framerate down to 20-45fps. Post Processing is turned on but the Bloom is turned off. EAX is disabled because I can't get it to work on 3.0 (Deadly Shadows) or above with OpenAL installed, probably because I only have Realtek onboard sound. Stereo audio as the mod won't let me select anything different while using MDR-V6 headphones (analog).

CPU: i5 760 @ 3.5GHz

GPU: GTX 670 2GB (Drivers: 331.40)

Experienced Performance: Pretty good. 1920x1200 full screen with vsync on, 4x msaa and everything else maxed (bloom slider isn't entirely off but very low) and getting a solid 60 fps for the most part. Diving underneath water will knock it down to 30 fps but I think that's because of some effect that I'm too lazy to turn off. I've had the framerate drop on a few fan missions, like Mandrasola when looking at the ship near the beginning and in the forest on one of the fan missions which I forget the name of, but that turned out to be an issue with the optimization of the map which I think has been fixed.

(laptop)

- CPU: Intel® Core i7-3940XM CPU @ 3.00GHz

- RAM: 32GB

- Video: 2 GeForce GTX 670MX (SLI)

- Drivers: Proprietary nVidia 325.15

- Resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9)

- Performance: Smooth sailing out of the box -- load times are annoying though (only played tutorial mission and first intro mission)

CPU: i5 760 @ 3.5GHz

GPU: GTX 670 2GB (Drivers: 331.40)

Experienced Performance: Pretty good. 1920x1200 full screen with vsync on, 4x msaa and everything else maxed (bloom slider isn't entirely off but very low) and getting a solid 60 fps for the most part. Diving underneath water will knock it down to 30 fps but I think that's because of some effect that I'm too lazy to turn off. I've had the framerate drop on a few fan missions, like Mandrasola when looking at the ship near the beginning and in the forest on one of the fan missions which I forget the name of, but that turned out to be an issue with the optimization of the map which I think has been fixed.

Is the FM with the forest No Honor Among Thieves, Pt. 3?

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte HD 7970 OC 3GB, all stock on Win7 64bit, latest non beta drivers. Running the game maxed at 1080p, no tweaking. It's fine normally but the frame rate crawls when underwater or when I die and start seeing the fuzzy bloody vision overlay. Maybe those effects are made with Nvidia architecture in mind?

Edited by Al3xand3r

Hi everyone, long time Dark Mod player, thought I'd post my specs and performance with TDM 2.0.

Operating System - Windows 7 64-bit

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 @ 4.0GHz

RAM - 16GB G-Skill 1600Mhz

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB VRAM

Video Driver - AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA 2

Performance - Running at 2048x1152, 16x AF, 4x AA, Enhanced Ambient Rendering, Enhanced Interaction Shader, Post Process Enabled, LOD Very High.

V-Sync off, Capped frame rate @ 60 using RadeonPro. The game runs silky smooth at 60fps for the majority of missions, with slight slowdowns in certain missions and when entering dense areas or entering water.

Edited by nuttycomic

Windows 7 64-Bit

i5 2500k 3.3Ghz

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

GTX650Ti 1Gb

Nvidia Drivers 327.23

1440x900, 4x AA, 4xAF, ambient rendering Enhanced, interaction shader Enhanced , postprocessing Disabled, LOD High

Performance mostly smooth but in some maps I experience some slight microstuttering like near the starting area of Awaiting the Storm.

Is the FM with the forest No Honor Among Thieves, Pt. 3?

Yeah, that's it I think. The single screenshot I have of it is just labeled "Forest". But yeah, in the forest part of that level I was getting something like 20-30 fps which was apparently caused by some brush intersecting another or something like that that they're in the process of fixing.

Intel i7 980x @ 4.3ghz

12GB DDR3 @ 1700mhz

GTX670

Nvidia Drivers: 327.23

Windows7 64bit

1440x900, 16x AA, 16xAF, vsync off, other cfg stuff

40-70fps - nothing seems to improve this

IdTech4 engine will basically lock you to 60 FPS max. On the subject of Anti-Aliasing, I've actually gotten better performance out of turning them off in Dark Mod, and then specifying them driver-side (ATI Catalyst Control, for me.)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair