The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Invisible Menu Screen

scarykitties

*EPIPHANY*

!!!Yes. Get rid of the parallax mod. !!!

Back when I was trying to get parallax mapping to work in TDM, I got the black menu as well! As well as getting rid of the parallax mod, Open up the pk4 with TDM's gamex86.dll and extract it yourself to doom3/darkmod/gamex86.dll.

Edit: (No, parallax mapping is not possible until D3 open-source. We need the functionality like PREY to use different interaction shaders for different textures)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

How to fix invisible menu screen!

Sorry for my bad english

Download The Dark Mod beta. Unzip and copy darkmod folder to doom3 folder, play mod. Quit game and replace DoomConfig.cfg with original downloaded darkmod.zip to doom3/darkmod, play again and it works! No more black menu screen.

Have fun!:D

Edited by machine robo

I have the "invisible menu" bug and ive tried every suggested fix to no avail... even reinstalled in c:games. I think it might be my system.

I run the game and can only see the cursor and i hear music and some sounds when i move the cursor when i go to the console i see a long list of errors "missing file..." "could not load...."

my system is as follows: windows vista 64

nvidia gforce 9600 gso (2) SLI

amd phenom quad core 2.2 ghz

4 gb ram

directx 10

has anybody found out how to fix this bug?

What does your folder structure look like? Do you have any of the PK4 files missing from your darkmod folder?

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Guys,

I was having this exact same problem until I stopped trying to use the 'darkmod' folder I downloaded by torrent and did the tdm_update install process instead. After that, everything worked fine. I think there's something screwed up with the torrent folder structure.

I stated clicking randomly on the invisible menu and every now and then i got some images (a drawing of garrett) I assume that its only the menu thats buggy does anybody know how to load a level via the console? That way some of us can still try the mod.

No, it's more than the menu. If you have any Doom 3 mods installed then install a second instance of Doom 3, patch it to 1.3.1.1304, and use that strictly for TDM.

You can also try this: delete the DoomConfig.cfg located in your \darkmod folder and run tdm_update.exe again. This will get you a new DoomConfig.cfg, just in case something is screwed up in that file. 

Finally, if you have an ATI graphics card, disable Catalyst AI.

Not to be an ass, but that's not Garrett you're seeing. ^_^

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

No, it's more than the menu. If you have any Doom 3 mods installed then install a second instance of Doom 3, patch it to 1.3.1.1304, and use that strictly for TDM.

You can also try this: delete the DoomConfig.cfg located in your \darkmod folder and run tdm_update.exe again. This will get you a new DoomConfig.cfg, just in case something is screwed up in that file.

Finally, if you have an ATI graphics card, disable Catalyst AI.

woohoo!! it worked! deleted the doomconfig.cfg and then ran the tdm_update.exe... all i can say is WOW this looks amazing thanx guys

I had this problem too. First i downloaded the FMs with Internet Explorer and got

zip or rar files, dont remember just now. Anyway, when i started Darkmod there

was no FMs, so i thought that i have to unpack them, dint work so good either.

Then there was a new FM out (Patently Dangerous) and i gave that a try, and that

worked all of the sudden, then i read about that explorer changed the pk4 files

to zip or rar and i had installed Firefox before i downloaded Patently Dangerous.

So i downloaded the others again with Firefox, and no problem :rolleyes:

I downloaded them again because rename them to pk4 didn't work for me.

• 3 years later...

I have been playing this recently and got this bug many times, but after re-making the config file many times, I have found that changing the Anti-Alias settings is causing the game to have a black screen.

There was one time that I managed to successfully enable anti-aliasing, but I have not been able to since