The Dark Mod Forums

cheats

Alaris

Hey I'm brand new to the mod - just played through the tutorial and am currently trying out the user created maps in the downloads section. Is there a way to enable cheats? Like more than just noclip & god mode (i.e. all weapons / gadgets etc.) - I am very curious to tinker around as I have done some mod making, 3D modeling, and map making in the past, and I am a HUGE fan of the thief series. This mod is beautiful and brings back a special gameplay experience that has been missing for years! Great work!

Glad you like it!

Personally I prefer to play without cheats (more fun and satisfying that way!), but here are some console commands worthy of the name "cheats":

notarget - Makes AI ignore you.

Weapon spawning: (Only one at a time, and it gets spawned in the world in front of you so you have to pick it up; if you can't find them, try looking upwards a bit more.)

spawn atdm:weapon_blackjack

spawn atdm:weapon_shortsword

spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead

spawn atdm:ammo_firearrow

spawn atdm:ammo_gasarrow

spawn atdm:ammo_mossarrow

spawn atdm:ammo_noisemaker

spawn atdm:ammo_ropearrow

spawn atdm:ammo_waterarrow

Most/all other Doom 3 cheats also work.

Edit: Append inv_ammo_amount 50 to any of the above to spawn 50 arrows at once. They'll still appear as one arrow model in the world, but when you pick it up you'll get them all at once. Note that you can't have more than 50 of any one arrow type at any given time.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Cheats are also very useful for playtesting WIP maps :)

Remember, with the Doom 3 console, you can press tab after typing something, for example spawn atdm:

will cycle through the various spawnables.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

• 1 month later...

Glad you like it!

Personally I prefer to play without cheats (more fun and satisfying that way!), but here are some console commands worthy of the name "cheats":

notarget - Makes AI ignore you.

Weapon spawning: (Only one at a time, and it gets spawned in the world in front of you so you have to pick it up; if you can't find them, try looking upwards a bit more.)

spawn atdm:weapon_blackjack

spawn atdm:weapon_shortsword

spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead

spawn atdm:ammo_firearrow

spawn atdm:ammo_gasarrow

spawn atdm:ammo_mossarrow

spawn atdm:ammo_noisemaker

spawn atdm:ammo_ropearrow

spawn atdm:ammo_waterarrow

Most/all other Doom 3 cheats also work.

Hello Crispy:

I note that you have the word 'spawn' in red letters on a yellow background before typing the 'atdm:' and the desired weapon in black on the white background. On the computer in the console mode, how is this done? Or is it necessary?

Just curious as to how to make various weapons available during gameplay.

Thanks,

shadowwalker

Hello Crispy:

I note that you have the word 'spawn' in red letters on a yellow background before typing the 'atdm:' and the desired weapon in black on the white background. On the computer in the console mode, how is this done? Or is it necessary?

Just curious as to how to make various weapons available during gameplay.

Thanks,

shadowwalker

Crispy: Strange. When I posted this and came back to view it, there were no colors present in the 'spawn' command which is how your list appeared on my computer. If this was a peculiar way my computer displayed it, please disregard my comment on it.

sw

The forum was just highlighting "spawn" because I'd used it in a search term when digging up the link that you probably followed to get here. :) Just a forum quirk, not something I typed out myself. The above commands are typed without any special formatting.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I just discovered a neat trick. Turns out you can supply custom spawnarg settings to spawn. This means you can spawn a whole bunch of arrows at once rather than having to spawn individual arrows many times:

spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead inv_ammo_amount 50

Works with all TDM arrow types. Note that most (all?) TDM weapons have a maximum ammo count of 50.

I just discovered a neat trick. Turns out you can supply custom spawnarg settings to spawn. This means you can spawn a whole bunch of arrows at once rather than having to spawn individual arrows many times:

spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead inv_ammo_amount 50

Works with all TDM arrow types. Note that most (all?) TDM weapons have a maximum ammo count of 50.

Thank you for this info. Did it work for you? When typed in, do you press ENTER or some other key to leave the console and leave the command intact?

thanks,

shadowwalker

When I typed the spawn command in and and used the ENTER key to enter it into the system, I received the following msg: 'loaded Collision model models/darkmod/weapons/gasarrow. wo'

There was an up and down pipe between the period after 'gasarrow and the 'wo' letters. I was unable to find this pipe on my keyboard so I just put a space there where the pipe was.

I don't know what this message means but I received no arrows when back into the game.

sw

When I typed the spawn command in and and used the ENTER key to enter it into the system, I received the following msg: 'loaded Collision model models/darkmod/weapons/gasarrow. wo'

I don't know what this message means but I received no arrows when back into the game.

All that message means is that it loaded the physics collision box for the gas arrow. It doesn't say "warning" and it doesn't say "ERROR" so don't worry about it. (bytheway, that's an LWO file: a lightwave model.)

And you did spawn an arrow. But they appear on the ground at feet level, with just the head peeking above the surface. Try looking upwards towards the sky before typing the command (so they're not buried as deep in the ground).

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

All that message means is that it loaded the physics collision box for the gas arrow. It doesn't say "warning" and it doesn't say "ERROR" so don't worry about it. (bytheway, that's an LWO file: a lightwave model.)

And you did spawn an arrow. But they appear on the ground at feet level, with just the head peeking above the surface. Try looking upwards towards the sky before typing the command (so they're not buried as deep in the ground).

Thank you, Mortem. I will look up at the sky before I get the console going and typing commands in, if that's what you mean.

Another question regarding how many cheats can a player have at one time? I am guessing one has to choose between more weapons or being unkillable as in god mode. Would this be correct or not?

Thanks

Shadowwalker

Mortem Destino:

Thanks for the pointer. I did that and found my arrow(s). Is there a way to recall a command without having to retype it in all the time?

Thanks,

Shadowwalker

Mortem: When trying to get gas arrows in another mission the console was giving me this message:

usage: spawn classname [key/value pairs]

What does this mean?

Thanks,

Shadowwalker

P.S. I forgot to say that I was using the same command I used in another mission, Outpost, but no results this time:

I typed: spawn atdm:ammo_gasarrow_inv_ammo_amount 50

I kept the screen upwards and when finished, shut off the console and looked for the arrows on the ground but couldn't find them this time.

Thanks for any pointers on what I'm doing wrong still.

Shadowwalker

Goodness, you are posting a lot. :) Just FYI, there's no need to format forum posts like letters, with names at the top and signatures at the bottom. It just takes up space, so delete those parts. And you don't need to quote people if it's clear who and what you're responding to.

Another question regarding how many cheats can a player have at one time? I am guessing one has to choose between more weapons or being unkillable as in god mode. Would this be correct or not?

Cheats are cheats. There aren't any rules about how much you can cheat. That would kind of defeat the point of having cheats, wouldn't it? :P They're outside the scope of all rules, by definition. If they weren't, they wouldn't be cheats.

Is there a way to recall a command without having to retype it in all the time?

Press the up and down arrow keys while in the console to cycle through past commands.

When trying to get gas arrows in another mission the console was giving me this message:

usage: spawn classname [key/value pairs]

What does this mean?

It means you screwed up typing some part of the command. Remember it has to be exactly as I've written them above.

Edit: Yeah, you put in an underscore instead of a space after gasarrow, there's your problem.

• 2 years later...

It should be "tdm_show_loot".

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I don't condone cheating, unless you're really stuck and can't figure out where to go, or you just want to explore/experiment with a mission. I would never turn on god mode and play through a mission for example.

Also for a laugh:

bind j "toggle g_dragentity"

Now you can pick up guards and toss them into the air, just like a Jedi!

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

That was doable in A Night To Remember (obv with godmode on to avoid instadying to the aura)... I carried one around with me for 5 odd minutes before the others jammed me in a corner.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080