The Dark Mod Forums

cheats

Alaris

How do you access the console to be able to enter cheat codes?

spawn atdm:weapon_blackjack
spawn atdm:weapon_shortsword
spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead
spawn atdm:ammo_firearrow
spawn atdm:ammo_gasarrow
spawn atdm:ammo_mossarrow
spawn atdm:ammo_noisemaker
spawn atdm:ammo_ropearrow
spawn atdm:ammo_waterarrow

• 1 year later...

Hey I'm brand new to the mod - just played through the tutorial and am currently trying out the user created maps in the downloads section. Is there a way to enable cheats? Like more than just noclip & god mode (i.e. all weapons / gadgets etc.) - I am very curious to tinker around as I have done some mod making, 3D modeling, and map making in the past, and I am a HUGE fan of the thief series. This mod is beautiful and brings back a special gameplay experience that has been missing for years! Great work!

spawn atdm:ammo_waterarrow inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_ropearrow inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_mossarrow inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_gasarrow inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_firearrow inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_noisemaker inv_ammo_amount 50
spawn atdm:ammo_broadhead inv_ammo_amount 50
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Shadow said:

is there any way to spawn a health potion or two? Or any healing?

spawn atdm:playertools_health_potion

That should pop a health potion in front of you I think 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• 1 month later...

I found this yesterday, it's really a difficult bug to reproduce due to the timing, but if you shoot a broadhead it can instant kill through armor. The trick is to time the shot so that the arrow has just enough power to launch, but no more.

You know how when you are holding the attack button, the bow comes out and you begin to draw? If you release too soon, you put the bow away. But if you time the shot exactly after that, then the arrow flies slowly, makes a strange wooshing sound. If your timing is off a little, it just wooshes, but it's a nice woosh. If you have it timed perfectly, it makes the sound and will penetrate right through heavy armor. Sometimes even a knee or elbow shot kills.

It's the Goldeneye golden gun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmij said:

I found this yesterday, it's really a difficult bug to reproduce due to the timing, but if you shoot a broadhead it can instant kill through armor. The trick is to time the shot so that the arrow has just enough power to launch, but no more.

You know how when you are holding the attack button, the bow comes out and you begin to draw? If you release too soon, you put the bow away. But if you time the shot exactly after that, then the arrow flies slowly, makes a strange wooshing sound. If your timing is off a little, it just wooshes, but it's a nice woosh. If you have it timed perfectly, it makes the sound and will penetrate right through heavy armor. Sometimes even a knee or elbow shot kills.

It's the Goldeneye golden gun!

Whoa, any chance you can take a video of this?

I can try. I've only been able to do it less than 10 times. That's a few shots out of A LOT of attempts, but it does work. (I used no_target and just kept reloading the game when I ran out of "volunteers".)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think the invisibility potion is functional. At least, I have never seen it in a mission.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Here's one I'd really like at the moment, something to highlight the hidden switches that open a secret door, I am going blind scouring bookshelves & bits of decoration looking for one at the mo, you can never be sure there isn't one, only that you haven't found one

--EDIT--

Found the switch I was looking for, took a good hour of searching, well if it were easy it wouldn't be fun

Edited by esme
more info

I love the cheats in this game, but generally I treat them as tools to actually help finish a mission when there seems to be no other alternative.

noclip - Used when I occasionally get stuck in level geometry and can't wiggle/mantle my way out.

notarget - Used when there's an area filled with undead enemies and I lack patience in dealing with them. Also used when I'm lost and want to scout a very complex area without being assaulted, often linked to the undead infestation (at which point I'll reload and then do it properly).

tdm_show_loot - Used when a mandatory loot requirement hasn't been met and I've tried my best but can't find any more.

tdm_show_keys - Didn't know about this one until recently, but is used to find, well, keys. Some missions are pure key hunts and not fun when you've looked everywhere (that you think) and still can't find mandatory keys.

The loot and key cheats are really useful but also expose one's dumbness. After using them you'll be thinking "how the hell did I miss that, it was right in front of me!", but often it's the case of

• Oh it's that one painting out of all the other unfrobbable paintings that can be looted to hit the loot requirement
  • Oh it's that key lying on the ground in darkness that's required to exit the level (Heart of Saint Mattis, grrrrr)
  • Oh it's that key that's on an NPC which is partially clipped into their body so I couldn't even see it much less frob it

Cheats do suck the fun out of missions if you use them continuously, but sometimes you reach your skill limit or things happen such that they're useful tools.

Edited by Xolvix
  • Like 1

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

I think cheats can be useful at times, I even more when necessary, for example the noclip, when I get stuck somewhere, what happens from time to time,  But as they said, to use them continuously is to rest sense of the game, something like copying the solution of a crossword puzzle.

Although I confess, that in some break in between, it can be fun to trolley a bit on some small mission, for example spawn a zombie or a fat spider among the AIs.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

26 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

I think cheats can be useful at times, I even more when necessary, for example the noclip, when I get stuck somewhere, what happens from time to time,

That. Or sometimes at the end of a mission when I am searching for a sidequest I missed I fly around the map to see if I missed a whole section somewhere...

On 3/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, esme said:

Here's one I'd really like at the moment, something to highlight the hidden switches that open a secret door, I am going blind scouring bookshelves & bits of decoration looking for one at the mo, you can never be sure there isn't one, only that you haven't found one

--EDIT--

Found the switch I was looking for, took a good hour of searching, well if it were easy it wouldn't be fun

You can also use debug commands to show the triggers and such.

g_showtriggers 1

g_showtargets 1

If there's a switch in the room, the lock and key will have a line going between them.

• Thanks 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Be careful with showtargets though. It makes you glow brightly.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle