The Dark Mod Forums

Models That Need Attention

Springheel

Our first milestone is fast aproaching. We have far more models than we can realistically skin in that time, so I'm making a short list of what I think we should absolutely complete by then. Keep in mind it's only a month and a half away.

Our goal is to provide enough material for FM authors to be able to create a viable mansion setting. I'm going to try and give our skinners (basically BT and Oddity) enough choice to keep themselves amused, and at the same time get enough of the right kind of models done.

Here's what we already have working (not counting gameplay models like weapons):

models.jpg

If there are any other models you know of that are game-ready, please let me know.

Of the models that are done but awaiting textures, these are what we absolutely need for the first milestone, along with who did the model:

The following need to be skinned:

Dining Table (pick one) (Atti or Diego)

Chest (pick one) (Atti)

Door Handle (pick one) (DeepO)

We need at least ONE model from each category to be skinned:

*Beds (Atti)

Single

Bunk

Four Poster

*Kitchen

Beer Mug (Atti)

Tea Pot (Oddity)

Cooking Pot (Atti)

Silverware Set (DeepO)

Goblet (DeepO)

*Bathroom

Tub (Atti/Fingernail)

Wash Basin (Oddity)

Sink (Atti)

This will still only give us a bare minimum of objects for our maps, but without more skinners I think this might have to do for the first milestone.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I will have to add for model skinners is the new setup I'm working on. Instead of putting the model skins in the same folder as the model, all the skins are now going into their own textures folder. The path to this folder should be models/props/textures

I'll have it wrapped up and on CVS by the weekend. The placement of the models will be the same as before, only the texture folder is different. This way we won't have dozens of different skin paths to deal with in the material files.

I don't know if they're on the ftp site or not, that's why I put the name of the person who did them. Once you decide which ones you want to do, contact the modeler.

Oh yeah, Odd, the reason I put an asterix beside the paintings is that I've made about a dozen different skins based on your template(s). I uploaded them to the FTP site because I didn't quite know what to do with them. They're under textures and called springheel_paintings.rar It's probably just a matter of tweaking a material file, but if you wanted to either tell me how to do it or handle it yourself, It'd be great to get those in game. They would really spice up our screenshots.

examples:

painting2.jpg

painting3.jpg

There are still four .ase files that need to be converted to lwo. I only have lightwave installed and I can't find a way to convert them with that.

I was wondering if someone could convert these to .lwo for me or give leave instructions on how to do it in Lightwave if possible? Also, the bounding boxes on those coins must be pretty off. Frobbing them is next to impossible, you have to be at impossible angles. Perhaps that is fixed somehow in the conversion.

Spring, I'll grab those those painting skins and at least add them to the model textures folder in CVS. :)

asefiles.zip

Those paintings all have the same frame spring, that's going to get pretty boring. I'll stick a selection of new fames onto those paintings.

Sounds good. I didn't have the know-how to do that. :)

ehm...my first attempt at modelling a plant :ph34r: guess it looks a bit meager, maybe I should add some more leafs. another problem is the "shiny" leaf. it's not the texture, I've really no idea why this leaf looks so shiny. maybe it's the same problem as with my window-model. <_<

post-5-1111418291.jpg

Edited by BlackThief