The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

I needed it to be a certain height, ending just below the placement of the glass-pane above it, and so it had to be resized (it'll make sense once you play the FM). After that screenshot, I actually went ahead and made a shadow mesh with brushes for that bookshelf in any case.

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Very impressive work there young lady, iits always a joy to see a new mapper with advanced mapping skills straight off the bat! But all of those shots are dark in the extreme, even with my monitor gamma at max.

Drop me a Pm as I have a bunch of better wallpapers and carpet textures for you to use in the map. And lastly in the shots where I can see the ceiling/wall, you perhaps should have some trim, as you have it between the wall/floor..

D'aw thanks. It's strange: I work with really low brightness on my screen because I'm photo-sensitive, but I can see fine. I'm leaving light balancing until beta testing anyway, so I can get a balance between the brightness levels people want and those I want the mission to have. I'll most likely make another detail pass over the whole thing when I'm done, and one thing I was going to do then was ceiling trims. Currently my mapping time is divided 1:2 between adding painting skins and building rooms.

I say, if you calibrated your own brightness levels on the training map ruler, you are within the intended range, and should not worry much about monitor or user setting fluctiations. Its normal for people to have to adjust slightly their own setting to match a specific map, because they use different color palettes, light sizes, ambients, etc.

But good work, the map seems to have a natural looking architecture, which I like.

• Like 1

Are these screenshots from the same FM that features that

nope nope nope creepy door

video you posted a while back?

Yep! There's plenty more since, too. I'm intent on making a somewhat supernatural mission fit into a mundane setting that for all intents and purposes plays like your usual sneaking mission. There's an objective system inspired by Thief 1's Lost City, too, which is probably enough of a hint to give the game away. It's never been done before in TDM, at least.

• Like 3

They don't make bears like they used to!

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Looks nice, Biker.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Well spent the last 2 days building this little apartment thats part of a much larger mission that several TDM team members have all contributed to.

post-496-0-42087800-1407604891_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-44972100-1407604900_thumb.jpg

Now on the surface it looks great of course but... it's really missing a nice beautiful bear skin rug in that room. I think if you added that it would be perfect, at the moment it just doesn't have the bear skin rug appeal that I seek in TDM fm's.

Top job!

Edited by Goldwell
  • Like 3

Thanks guys, just did another detail pass (curtains and such) but you'll have to wait and play the mission to see ^_^

Do you have an ETA yet?