The Dark Mod Forums

Fan mission: House of Theo

Theothesnopp

imagehpc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Infiltrate a keep and steal information.

Took me a while to finnish this one, motivation comes and goes!

I would like to thank nbohr1more and Pranqster for helping me test the mission and help sort out any problems.

Bikerdude for fixing a lighting error.

nbohr1more also made the awesome font for the preview att the missions section!

And last but no least The Dark Mod team for making all of this possible!

All your hard work is much appreciated! :wub:

Errors and other dissapointing stuff

No map

Sitting ai will sometimes sit midair if alerted

Sleeping ai might also sleep midair if alerted.

Crouching on the balcony with your light on may/will cause fps to drop.

No title on loading screen (Prefer it that way)

Tell me if you spot anymore and i will update.

Enjoy

http://www.thedarkmo...ndetails/?id=56

http://www.gamefront...ftheo__2__2.pk4

http://www.4shared.c...theo__2__2.html

/Theo

Edited by Theothesnopp
added TDM mirror
  • Like 4

Downloading now but it's bedtime so no feedback tonight!

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

I hope somebody comes with a mirror soon... To wait 520 seconds to start the download is unacceptable! & to buy a premium package to company I've never even heard of is illogical, but it being a new TDM mission I patiently waited and downloaded anyway :)

ARGH!!! I hate Thief missions with a "no kill" objective, especially when the guards are wearing full armor with helmets. I'm guessing this a "ghosting" mission ??

Edited by acolyte6

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

A new mission! Very good - will play after the concert tonight. :)

[edit] If my laptop lets me, anyway. :unsure: [/edit]

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Given up on trying to download this one from that site.Tried three times to no avail. Will wait until there's a mirror. 20 second download , they must be having a laugh !

Edited by raymeld

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Wow how nice! I really liked to see this big castle from outside and then wandering through it on the inside. It felt like a castle with huge hallways and rooms. At some points it semmed a bit empty though, but it was never crook.

Well! I recomment this one!

EDIT: Haha, guess the sitting AI had some issues here :D

Another part in which I had fun was when the AI stumbled over bottles lying on the ground and alerted itself for many times :rolleyes:

post-3542-0-29359800-1323002912_thumb.jpg

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I was going to mention this earlier but it took seeing the title screen next to other images to really motivate me... The title image needs something at the top. Whether it be text or some other image element.

I made a version with stylized text.

post-3763-0-98096500-1323015145_thumb.jpg

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Why so dark nbohr?

Hm I am curious if you will really do a version 2 of it. I think it would be lavishness if you don't.

It's hard to describe but this mission has something very familiar with the old thief games.. I don't know what it is, but it is one of the best missions in this regard..

Nevertheless it may be optimized in the way of do some variations of patrouling paths (many of them are easy to foresee) and making better use of the AI relightning (the one with the switch is great).

Btw why are there no door handles?

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Why so dark nbohr?

If you try to brighten the original image, you will find that the color data is virtually non-existent in the lower ranges anyway. That is probably a result of the fact that the image was "Posterized" before the gamma was increased. I took that to mean that the image is "as intended" and it does give off a dark foreboding feel. I just made the suggestion that the image is a bit lob-sided visually and recommended that text (or something) be placed in that big black area up top. Incidentally, the image kinda reminds me of some posters I've seen for "Led Zeppelin IV" ...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Great mission, just finished it. I have to ask though

Is the key on the drawer in the room adjacent to Lord Theo's cabinet frobable? Because I could not take it whatever I tried and, since the door cannot be lockpicked, had to return back through the kitchen elevator.

The best webcomic ever: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/index2.php

A friend of mine's project (steampunk web browser rpg): http://www.indiegogo.com/project-e

Great mission, just finished it. I have to ask though

Is the key on the drawer in the room adjacent to Lord Theo's cabinet frobable? Because I could not take it whatever I tried and, since the door cannot be lockpicked, had to return back through the kitchen elevator.

Yeah, press f to lean forwards and then look at it, same with the lockbox (that i won't tell you were to find).

will fix this at some time.

Why so dark nbohr?

Hm I am curious if you will really do a version 2 of it. I think it would be lavishness if you don't.

It's hard to describe but this mission has something very familiar with the old thief games.. I don't know what it is, but it is one of the best missions in this regard..

Nevertheless it may be optimized in the way of do some variations of patrouling paths (many of them are easy to foresee) and making better use of the AI relightning (the one with the switch is great).

Btw why are there no door handles?

V2 would include small edits.

Such as adding handles to doors, improve ai, improve atmoshpere and add some rooms to the empty halls near the second balcony.

I was to lazy, lame reason i know.

btw, what does lavishness mean?

I was going to mention this earlier but it took seeing the title screen next to other images to really motivate me... The title image needs something at the top. Whether it be text or some other image element.

I made a version with stylized text.

Thats a very nice font, do you have a larger one i could use?

also is it possible to make the font more, dark blue slight purpleish?