The Dark Mod Forums

Problems building DarkRadiant on Archlinux from git

use_GNU_software

So, after my changes to void Document::importDocument(Document& other, Node& importNode) its end looks as follows:

if (/*targetNode->children == NULL*/ targetNode->name == NULL) {
			// invalid importnode
			return;
	}  
   std::size_t i = 0;  
   if( targetNode->children == NULL )
	xmlAddChild(targetNode, xmlCopyNode(topLevelNodes[i++].getNodePtr(), 2));

// Add each of the imported nodes to the target importNode
	while( i < topLevelNodes.size() )
		xmlAddPrevSibling(targetNode->children, topLevelNodes[i++].getNodePtr());

If DR works fine on some other system it could be that on that system some initialization has created those children before comming to this function ...

ps: i am using the latest code from https://github.com/orbweaver/DarkRadiant.git , commit ID: c5c872b26a1284a947066c2682ff6a411f6beedd

Arch has 2.8.0.

And there seems to be the problem. The windows build is using 2.7.7. I've just upgraded to 2.8.0 experimentally, and DR is crashing now in Windows too. Isn't this nice?

A big hand for automatic, non-optional upgrade of shared libraries which might as well screw you in the butt.

besides i needed to add all the ifs to "void SelectionSetManager::onRadiantStartup()" as follows:

if( toolbar != NULL && item != NULL )
    toolbar->insert(*item, -1);

if( item != NULL )
    item->show();

// Construct a new tool menu object
    SelectionSetToolmenu* toolmenu = Gtk::manage(new SelectionSetToolmenu);

if( toolbar != NULL && toolmenu != NULL )
    toolbar->insert(*toolmenu, -1);

I've just upgraded to 2.8.0 experimentally, and DR is crashing now in Windows too. Isn't this nice?

yeah :)

A big hand for automatic, non-optional upgrade of shared libraries which might as well screw you in the butt.

Well, on ArchLinux you have a choice to upgrade or not for each individual package.

I am still not sure that it is due to libxml...

Yes, that's the way archlinux works so the user should know that this can happen.

@malex984:

I'm pretty sure there is a problem in the xml parser. I ran the editor with a debug build of the library. It actually parses the documents but it seems to me that the result is not written to the tree structure. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Yes, that's the way archlinux works so the user should know that this can happen.

@malex984:

I'm pretty sure there is a problem in the xml parser. I ran the editor with a debug build of the library. It actually parses the documents but it seems to me that the result is not written to the tree structure. I'll try it again tomorrow.

xml parses xml files alright (i even saved them temporary again while debugging) but afterwards they will not be added to user/system trees as i described in http://forums.thedar...post__p__296223

Something strange happened

[dragora@irya ~]$ git clone git://github.com/orbweaver/DarkRadiant.git
Cloning into 'DarkRadiant'...
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Expir? el tiempo de conexi?n

I don't know if the problem is only mine because my internet connection is limitated.

I will have the internet working normally on weekend.

Something strange happened

[dragora@irya ~]$ git clone git://github.com/orbweaver/DarkRadiant.git
Cloning into 'DarkRadiant'...
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Expir? el tiempo de conexi?n

I don't know if the problem is only mine because my internet connection is limitated.

I will have the internet working normally on weekend.

Hm, that worked for me. You could also try using https:// instead of git:// .

• 2 weeks later...

Bit ot - Well, hello everyone. Great mod and all - I think I commented on it around year ago and did a tutorial back then and played a bit etc. I have a problem with Darkradiant - I tried to build it from git and it seems to work otherwise but entity browser is broken and it does not show entities properly. I tried to use different dev-packages to build it but it didn't help any. I am using Debian Unstable, so those Ubuntu packages are unusable - even if i hack them a bit. This is the error message I get: (darkradiant:12450): GLib-WARNING **: /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.33.12+really2.32.4/./glib/gmessages.c:641: could not find handler with id `2' for domain "GTK"

And these warning or errors in console:

EventManager: Event ToggleClipper is not a Toggle.

EventManager: Event MouseTranslate is not a Toggle.

EventManager: Event MouseRotate is not a Toggle.

EventManager: Event MouseDrag is not a Toggle.

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:geode_lit_red' tries to attach 'glow' at non-existent position 'glow'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:moveable_lantern_oil_hand' tries to attach 'light' at non-existent position ''

[eclassmgr] attribute editor_DisplayFolder already set on entityclass atdm:mover_gear_base

[eclassmgr] attribute extinguished already set on entityclass atdm:prop_lantern_on

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:prop_lantern_on' tries to attach 'light' at non-existent position ''

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:weapon_blackjack' tries to attach 'meleeweap_r' at non-existent position ''

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:weapon_shortsword' tries to attach 'meleeweap_r' at non-existent position ''

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_townsfolk_beggar_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_townsfolk_commoner_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_townsfolk_commoner_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_townsfolk_wench_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_pagan_common_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_pagan_common_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_nobleman_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_nobleman02_armed' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_citywatch' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_citywatch_archer' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_citywatch_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_guard_elite' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_guard_archer_01' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_proguard' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_proguard_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_guard_thug' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_thief02_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_burglar' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'hip_sheath_l'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_burglar_professional_archer' tries to attach 'missile_weapon' at non-existent position 'bow_holster_pos_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_female_thief' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'slung_across_back_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_guard_female_rogue' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'slung_across_back_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_builder_guard' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'slung_across_back_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class 'atdm:ai_builder_priest_combatant' tries to attach 'melee_weapon' at non-existent position 'slung_across_back_rl'

[eclassmgr] Entity class damage_bfgfreq_cinematic specifies unknown parent class damage_bfgFreq[eclassmgr] Entity class damage_bfgsplash_cinematic specifies unknown parent class damage_bfgSplash[eclassmgr] Entity class damage_grenadesplash_inhand specifies unknown parent class damage_grenadeSplash[eclassmgr] Entity class intro_scientist specifies unknown parent class char_labcoat_youn

ApplicationContextImpl: unable to create settings path '/home/kari/.darkradiant/'

model intro_scientist inherits unknown model char_npc

Cannot register statement ActivateAllFilters, this statement is already registered.

Cannot register statement DeactivateAllFilters, this statement is already registered.

On top of that the scripting module is unbuildable but the editor seemed to work previously without it. Hopefully someone can help me, I would really like to play around and study Darkradiant.