Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'render'.
Found 2 results
Hey guys. I recently felt the urge to get back into DR, but have since built a new pc and migrated to windows 10. With the wx widgets versions of dark radiant I am experiencing a strange rendering glitch resulting in edges being distorted in a seesaw like pattern, among other things (see attachment). This bug does not occur on the GTK+ versions (tested with 1.8.1). I dug through the forum and bug tracker without results, but I am hesitant to file a bug report as I tend to overlook things and development has been on the back-burner anyway. Also the error may be caused by a myriad of other things, like wxwidgets' opengl render context, my gpu, windows 10, etc. (If you think it's a good idea I'll create a bug report.) So I was wondering if you guys have experienced similar issues and thus have any idea what causes this behaviour and/or know a fix (apart from using DR 1.8.1, obviously ;~). Relevant specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro GPU: Radeon R270 w/ 4GB VRAM Thanks in advance! PS: The render distance is also quite low, is that normal? PPS: tdm itself looks just fine, in case that matters.
I've got an Nvidia GTX670 and I'm wondering what affect the Nvidia application settings via the Control Panel has on TDM render quality. In TDM everything is maxed - 16x AA and TA with the resolution set to my monitor's native 1440x900. I then did a few tests using the following settings on TheDarkMod.exe in the Nvidia Control Panel as follows: Default - nothing changed - everything left on "global setting" Only one setting changed - forced 32 CSAA - presumably this overrides the 16x setting in game All application settings overridden and set to their max I took a screenshot from a saved game on each setting and zoomed in 200% so you can see better what's going on (zoom out to 50% in your browser to see the images to original scale). Look to the far right of the image to see the biggest differences. Results are shown here: It's subjective but my feeling is that either the default setting or 32CSAA gives the best results while everything maxed looking the most rough. If you keep your eye on the lower edge of the black step, you can see jagged black and white edges on the maxed settings. Perhaps the forced AA and TA isn't actually working for some reason even though we've told it to max. The 32CSAA setting appears to smoothen everything overall while losing detail which you may or may not prefer on the whole. I may need to play with default and 32CSAA to get a feel for them before deciding which I prefer.