The Dark Mod Forums

Fingernail! Need Some Help!

Renzatic

I've been trying to figure out the reason why my more special effect-laden textures refuse to show up in the editor or the game recently, I'm wondering if I'm doing the materials wrong or if something else on my comp is borked.

If you still have your transparent window could you send it to me? I know it works both in the editor and the game cuz of the screenshots, so if it doesn't work for me then I could probably rule out coding errors at least for the time being.

Breathe in.

textures/Darkmod/Objects/Windows/windowpane/Windowpane
{
noSelfShadow
noshadows
twosided
translucent
glass
forceoverlays
//sort decal

qer_editorimage Textures/custom/Winyel1_d.tga
{
               Program           heatHazewithmaskandvertex.vfp
               vertexParm              0       time * 0 , time * 0 // texture scrolling
               vertexParm              1       .5        // magnitude of the distortion
               fragmentProgram 	 heatHazewithmaskandvertex.vfp
               fragmentMap             0       _currentRender
               fragmentMap             1       textures/sfx/vp1  
fragmentMap             2       textures/glass/4x4 	 

}
{	
 maskcolor    
    map	makealpha(textures/glass/glass1)
}	
{
    blend gl_dst_alpha, gl_one
   maskalpha
         cubemap  env/gen2
        red  Parm0
        green   Parm1
        blue	Parm2
                 texgen  reflect
vertexcolor
}
{
       blend filter
map Textures/custom/Winyel1_d.tga
}
{
       blend diffusemap
map Textures/custom/alpha1.tga
alphatest .1
}

}

The bit with the actual fragment shader parsed is this line:

Program heatHazewithmaskandvertex.vfp

But try the whole thing. The rest is a mish-mash of trying to get the alpha transparency to work properly. It's probably more complicated than needs be.

Just as long as you know it works. I still haven't figured out why my more complex stuff doesn't work...so far I haven't figured out jack. : \

If this doesn't work I'm gonna have to assume it's a problem with the editor and reinstall Doom 3...anyway, thanks for the helping hand. :)