The Dark Mod Forums

Garrett in Kevin McCallister's House

sneakytaffer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Nort

I want to be a fish, but I'm not a fish. My mom wants to be a fish too, and so she's killing herself eating plankton and sh***ng blood, and tells me to stop nagging her about taking her medication. I spent several hours today, just lying in bed, having anxiety over just existing, and not being a fish. You fish, you don't know how lucky you are. You can eat all the plankton you want. I tried eating plankton again yesterday, and I just got sick. I hate being a shark.
      · 0 replies
    • Nort

I just gave myself vertigo. A pleasant kind of vertigo, like the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I'll explain:
      Yesterday I saw to my dismay, that I had made my entire map two - two - units too short on every level - that every set01 piece was sticking 2 units into the ceiling. That's basically 402 brushes that needs to be realigned (minus the ground floor brushes).
      I knew enough about selections to do all of that in a very tense five minutes, and it compiled without leaks. (Thank you so much, Dark Radiant devs, for making an editor with such care for precision that you can align hundreds of brushes perfectly at once (which is not something I can say for Valve's Hammer editor, which has some serious issues on that front, which actually made me just quit it in disgust).) However, the result is that the entire level has now been stretched a barely noticable 2 units, and it will take some getting used to psychologically.
      · 0 replies
    • Nort

My workflow is basically running from a chain of disasters, eventually trying to seek shelter in former disasters. It's not ideal - it's just my life.
      When I abandoned my first map, it was out of a typical mental breakdown, and so I returned to find a skybox void where the kitchen door should have been (due to a misplaced visportal) and two overlapping brushes Z-fighting on the kitchen floor.
      I've now cleaned up the last bit of mess, by cleanly separating every floor into its own layer. Now I can finally work on each floor in peace.
      ...not that I really needed to. Once you get skilled enough, the orthographic messes, well, I'll let this video speak for itself:

· 1 reply
    • Nort

Beams, beams, beams...
      Support beams, and cross beams, and then beams to fixate the support beams to the cross beams. The more beams you have in a map, the better. There's walls, floors and ceilings, but the rest of the map is pretty much just beams. Beams makes a thief happy.
      · 0 replies
    • jaxa

Embracer Group is Buying Square Enix Montréal, Eidos, and Crystal Dynamics for “Only” 300 Million USD: https://wccftech.com/embracer-group-square-enix-montreal-eidos-crystal-dynamics/
      · 1 reply