The Dark Mod Forums

No Tdm Textures In D3ed?

SneaksieDave

Is there some special hoop I must jump through to actually see the textures in D3Ed?

I have the textures (the old archive) expanded onto my drive. I can double click and view them externally just fine. I start up D3Ed with

Doom3 +editor +set fs_game darkmod

It starts up just fine, and the dark_mod texture branch shows up in the media tab just fine. Now, I've wondered why soooo many stock D3 textures would show up as just black, but I've read that "they are just leftover (somethings) that they left in there and didn't clean up." So I took the guy's word for it. Well, it's probably not correct, because I can't view (actually see) or use any of TDM textures. They're in the tree. They are recognized. And when I use them, I get black walls. What the hell is going on? Is there some crucial step I'm missing? By my estimation, far more than half of the stock D3 textures are empty/black, which means clearly something's bugged or set up wrong. I strongly doubt they left THAT much unused junk behind.......

Hm. I have the file "custom.mtr" in Doom3/darkmod/materials. Is that right? That's where it was in the original zip from the FTP site.

Edit: I'm told, when reloading a test map:

WARNING: Couldn't load image: textures/dark_mod/crypt/floors/wood/crypt_floor_wood02

Even though it's right in my media tree, and I can select it just fine (blind - can't actually see it).

Edited by SneaksieDave

Got it. It was a pathing issue again (I didn't realize the MTR file was plain text). I've had it so textures were wanted in the /darkmod/textures folder, or the darkmod/textures/dark_mod folder, and have multiple versions of MTR files wanting them in different locations, nothing agreeing. Egads I hope this gets sorted out soon. Driving me nutso. :unsure:

Got it. It was a pathing issue again (I didn't realize the MTR file was plain text). I've had it so textures were wanted in the /darkmod/textures folder, or the darkmod/textures/dark_mod folder, and have multiple versions of MTR files wanting them in different locations, nothing agreeing. Egads I hope this gets sorted out soon. Driving me nutso. :unsure:

The textures are already pretty much in place for quite some time now. The only thing we changed recently was the path to remove the dark_mod bit in the textures folder.

Gerhard