The Dark Mod Forums

Porting Thief3 To The Dark Mod

Guest KoHaN69

Guest KoHaN69

I know it is possible, but how practical?

Even Thief1 maps could be ported to Thief3

Although ay 5fps (because it's all static mesh) and with no textures, but it is possible

However, since the Thief3 editor is out and both Unreal and Doom3 Mod communites are huge, is there a possible link between the 2 engines?

I know it is possible, but how practical?

Even Thief1 maps could be ported to Thief3

Although ay 5fps (because it's all static mesh) and with no textures, but it is possible

However, since the Thief3 editor is out and both Unreal and Doom3 Mod communites are huge, is there a possible link between the 2 engines?

Not practical, since the game was barely released on a fairly new engine..why repeat the work....also, not LEGAL. We don't encourage such topics in our forum as it may give someone the idea that WE are the ones thinking of doing this. I'm going to close the topic to avoid deeper discussion into the matter.. ;)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recent Status Updates

• OrbWeaver

Has anyone had any luck with textures from Polyhaven? Their OpenEXR normal maps seem too washed out and give incorrect shading in the engine.
      · 5 replies
    • datiswous

I tried to upscale the TDM logo video. First try:

briefing_video.mp4 You can test it ingame by making a copy of the core tdm_gui.mtr and place it in your-tdm-root/materials/ , then edit line 249 of that file into the location where you placed the new briefing.mp4 file.
      What I did was I extracted all the image files, then used Upscayl to upscale the images using General photo (Real-Esrgan) upscale setting and then turn it back into a video.
      I might have to crop it a bit, the logo looks smaller on screen (or maybe it's actually better this way?). My video editor turned it into a 16:9 video, which I think overal looks better than 1:1 video of original.
      · 1 reply
    • nbohr1more

Trying to be productive on my down-time before Capcom releases Akuma and my son is constantly on my PC playing Street Fighter...
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

Finally got round to publishing a tutorial on baking normal maps in Blender, since most of the ones we have are inaccessible or years out of date.
      · 3 replies
    • nbohr1more

The FAQ wiki is almost a proper FAQ now. Probably need to spin-off a bunch of the "remedies" for playing older TDM versions into their own article.
      · 1 reply