The Dark Mod Forums

Menu Problems

HappyCheeze

This is a conversation I had with bradford28. First the FMs wouldn't show in the menu. I told him to create a folder and for the fms and he can now see them, however, the fms won't install.

I don't know anything about how the menu/fm list works, so if someone knows how to help him, I'll relay it back to him.

bradford28 Great to see the mod finally released! I've been waiting a long time. Well done to all involved. However I am having problems. I used the small downloader program yesterday to install the mod. It seemed to run fine. However I could not play it because no missions appeared in the list of missions. The training mission and another pk4 mission file are in the fms folder but neither appear in the list of missions. Is there a simple solution? I am thinking of now downloading the zip file version to see if that may work.

Tels Did you put it into the "fms/training_mission/" folder? I think that wouldn't work, put it into the "fms/" folder or better into for instance "fms/chalice/" (each on its own) folder.

bradford28

You misunderstand. I did download one mission and it is in the fms folder with the training mission. However neither mission appears in the list when I try to start a new mission.

Did you put it into the "fms/training_mission/" folder? I think that wouldn't work, put it into the "fms/" folder or better into for instance "fms/chalice/" (each on its own) folder.

happycheeze Hmm, have you tried restarting your game? If they continue to not show up on the list, go to doom 3/darkmod/fms/ and create a folder for whatever fm you downloaded, so lets say for example: you downloaded outpost. Create a folder called outpost. Move outpost.pk4 into the folder. Open the .pk4 file with some sort of achiving program (like 7zip) and extract the following files: darkmod.txt, install_splash.tga, readme.txt and startingmap.txt.

Now go back into Darkmod and see if it appears on the list.

bradford28 Oh dear, there are definite problems with the menus. I did what you said and the two missions do now appear in the missions list. However when I click on one to install it I get a message that TDM launcher can not be found so I can't install the maps.Very frustrating.

happycheeze

bradford28,

oh dear indeed. I remember on earlier builds people were having menu problems, but not like yours. I'll tell someone on the team who would be more knowledgeable in that area.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|