To get the update, just run your tdm_update.exe file or see our website for more info: http://www.thedarkmod.com. The download size for upgrading 1.05 to 1.06 is about 48 MB, a fresh download will be about 2 GB.
TDM 1.06 not only fixes a bunch of issues, it also comes with new characters and features. This is also the first TDM release to include Mac OSX support.
- Like in the previous releases, a lot of AI code fixes and improvements were included, thanks to grayman's work. Special emphasis has been put on AI behaviour when re-lighting extinguished lights.
- New AI and animations
- Support for setting up campaigns
- Mac OSX binaries for tdm_update, tdmlauncher and the mod itself. Please refer to the wiki for further instructions, as the support is still somewhat experimental.
- The game is now presenting a "Click when ready" screen after the mission is loaded.
- The main menu background music can be switched off now.
- More aspect ratio options added to the menus
- An optional bow aimer mod has been integrated.
- Mission Downloader fixes and other stability patches.
- Savegames compression
- More portable lightgem code, removing the need for named pipes and tmp files.
- tdm_update.linux doesn't leave a corrupted tdm_game02.pk4 behind after a differential update
- ...and more, the full changelog can be found on our wiki: http://wiki.thedarkm...new_in_TDM_1.06
Note: While missions are fully compatible with this release, you can NOT load any previously saved games after updating to 1.06. If you're in the middle of playing a mission, you might want to finish it before updating.
No torrent? Since the differential update mechanism has been activated, the torrent download stats have been more and more decreasing, therefore no 1.06 torrent is available at the moment. Please let us know in the forums if there is a need for a torrent.
TDM 1.06 released!
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users