Potential Lovecraftian Gods for Missions that haven't been overused

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

In the original Thief, there was reference to Nyalahotep, an obvious reference to Nyarlathotep, and the Kurshok, who are similar to Deep Ones. Since Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, and the Deep Ones are the most overused Lovecraftian beings in media, what other entities would you like to see in a potential Dark Mod mission based on Lovecraftian horror? Personally, I'd like to see a mission where you have to journey into the ruins of an ancient monastery and steal a relic from the lair of Y'golonac.

#2 Akira

Akira

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

In the original Thief, there was reference to Nyalahotep, an obvious reference to Nyarlathotep, and the Kurshok, who are similar to Deep Ones. Since Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, and the Deep Ones are the most overused Lovecraftian beings in media, what other entities would you like to see in a potential Dark Mod mission based on Lovecraftian horror? Personally, I'd like to see a mission where you have to journey into the ruins of an ancient monastery and steal a relic from the lair of Y'golonac.

I would highly reccomend the "Malleus Monstorum" book for the Call of Cthulhu RPG for inspiration:

https://www.drivethr...leus-Monstrorum

Personally I think just implying the mythos connections are a good way of avoiding the feeling of overuse. Also, about nyalohathep, he (?) has many different incarnations, with "spreading chaos" often beeing the only common thing.

Anyway:

• something something the king in yellow
  • hastur hastur hastur hastur has

Edited by Akira, 13 April 2017 - 08:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users