The Dark Mod Forums

Painkiller Screenshots

sparhawk

I have taken some screenshots of Painkiller (13MB). The second level (Attic) is kind of like an old church setting and there are some nice pictures. Are you interested? If so then tell me where I should upload it. I thought it may be used for concepts on pictures, statues and some architecture.

Gerhard

Here is a screenshot of an angel painting which might be fit for our mod.

Painting_3.jpg

If have uploaded 13 other images as well http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/Art-Conce...ings/Painkiller so you might take a look at it. Some architecture. statues and some paintings. Mayebe you find it usefull.

I noticed that they are rather big, so I will try to cut them down. I must look which tools I can use for this, as I'm not well prepared for graphics processing. :)

Gerhard

Grab Irfanview. It's free and perfect for what you need.

Is this availabel for Linux? I'm doing most of my stuff on Linux and only switch to Windows when I need it for gaming or such.

Edit: This game looks freaking amazing. I was fairly impressed with the demo, but looking at these screenshots makes me wanna buy the full game.

Well. What can I say? I'm a fan of it. :)

Some say that it is a mindless shooter (which it probably is :) ), but the graphics is REALLY great. Especially when you look at the textures. For example the factory setting has textures that really look like an abandoned factory. All dirty, scratches, etc.. Looks really cool. And also the atmosphere is great. I was freaking out when I played it the first time and was playing the first level. Doom3 is also creepy, but I think there are not many games that manage to create such an atmosfear :) with graphics and sound.

If you like shooters then I can only recomment it. The only thing that sucks is the multiplayer. It has an awfully crappy network code it seems. So if you care for that much, then it's not for you. But I care more for the singleplayer and that it is really great. I will also buy the addon that is coming up soon.

Edited by sparhawk

Gerhard

Sadly IrfanView is windows only. Shame that, because it rocks. It seems to work OK with WINE at a push. Of course The GIMP can resize images. You'll be wanting to bolt on a batch processing extension to save you from having to go through all the images by hand.

No problem. I Used GIMP and now I'm uploading it. Resizing the images is not so good, ebcause I didn't want to show the entire screen. Only the part that is of interest to the mod. :)

Gerhard

I just got through playing the newest Painkiller demo, this one taking place on a military base instead of the usual gothic evil surroundings.

So there I am, running across an open airfield with 2 tanks and about 4 heavy gun emplacements gunning for my ass. "I gotta take cover before I get smeared", I think, and run towards the only cover I have...an open B52 cargo hold in the middle of the airfield.

I'm in there, safe from the tanks and big guns for the time being...but I have to contend with something that's far more scary. There has to be at least...I dunno...50 of these creepy WWI era gasmasked solders charging at me from both ends of the hold while I'm standing smack in the middle. So I do the only thing I can do...shoot a whole helluva bunch.

It's was total carnage, plain and simple. Guys getting mowed down left and right by my shotgun while canisters, barrels, pieces of metal, guns, body parts, everything flies about EVERYWHERE. There isn't a single inch of the screen vacant of action while I cut paths through soldiers that just won't quit coming. I'm dancing back and forth trying my best to stay alive, noticing that FINALLY the numbers are starting to thin...by the end of that 3 minutes in hell I had to have killed at least 150 guys.

And that was when I decided to buy this game. Not even the original Dooms can match the pure action this game has to offer. It is crazy fucking crazy and awesome beyond description.

Oh...I died about 8 minutes later holed up in a repair bay just a few yards away from the B52.

And that was when I decided to buy this game. Not even the original Dooms can match the pure action this game has to offer. It is crazy fucking crazy and awesome beyond description.

I was getting it as a copy, but when I played the first level on the cemetery, it was so scary that I went the next day and bought it. I must say I haven't regreted it. :)

What I also love is, the textures really look great. If you look at that military base level and check out the walls, or the hulls of the airplanes or the street, everything looks as if it was in heavy use. Doom is much cleaner and sterile. When you look at the textures in the base it all looks nice and clean. Of course there is the occasianal blood and the props are tumbled around but still it looks as if it were just unpacked fresh from the factory.

Gerhard