Irc Server

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:14 AM

I've setup an IRC server at 69.200.100.162 for all of us to use. If you want nick reservation e-mail me your nick and a password for it so there are no imposters. Enjoy and have fun.

-Phil

#2 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:42 AM

Hey, there are 7 people on at the moment. Why don't we go ahead and hop on the server right fast?

#3 omega

omega

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:09 PM

I really don't understand why you pick a new, empty server. Why not put it on irc.starchat.net right next to all the other Thief projects?

*shakes head*

#4 Phil

Phil

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:25 PM

Hrmmm.. good question.. heres the deal:

I made the server for Team Chat. i.e. only for the team members to use so they could have one central place to talk in real time. The other thing is when we have meetings we don't want just anyone joining our room (even the password protection on IRC servers can be compromised). Lastly I had nothing better to do until the rest of the team was organized.
-Phil
"The man who learns only what others know is as ignorant as if he learns nothing. The treasures of knowledge are the most rare, and guarded the most harshly."

#5 omega

omega

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

Ok...
Link me to 1 place where password protection was compromised and people got in on oh so secret developer info.

I guess the blog was made for the same reason huh? =P
If you had that much time, maybe you could spend it on learning better HTML. Assuming you made the site.

Edited by omega, 18 September 2004 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:44 PM

He didn't make the site, but it is being redone in CSS for your personal pleasure.

Besides, we haven't really used our IRC server for a meeting yet, though I will schedule one soon.

As for an official, starchat IRC channel - why? What do you want to talk about at this stage of the project?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users