Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'shaders'.
So here's a neat trick I would really like to be able to take advantage of in my Venice map. Take a look at the first part of this video by SimCity, then if you want to learn how it's done, check the 2nd link, where the scientist who invented the idea explains how to do it, and links you to his paper on the top to show you how to do it. [forgot how to embed video in here lmao] hint please https://youtu.be/_x88tvkAGuo?t=64 https://80.lv/articles/interior-mapping-rendering-real-rooms-without-geometry/ Here is the PDF of his Scientific Paper he wrote explaining in detail how to do this. http://www.proun-game.com/Oogst3D/CODING/InteriorMapping/InteriorMapping.pdf
While working on my translucent glass material, I suddenly noticed the same stripes and artifacts Kingsal has in his Volta 2 mission for all the water materials. They weren't there before, but it looks like I had in-game anti-aliasing set to x2. When I turned it off, the artifacts appeared. To test this, I launched Volta 2 with in-game AA x2, and the artifacts were gone. It seems like there's connection between in- game AA and refraction. I have no idea about engine programming, but isn't it something about engine precision? Maybe similar stuff to BSP holes and lower dmapping precision than 2.05? It seems like something got broken in that department.
Hello there. I started playing with TDM yesterday evening and after viewing the tutorial mission and playing through Tears of Lucia, I've got to say I'm rather impressed. I won't go into any sort of glowing praise for the game here (though you guys do deserve it), but I did want to point out that I've experienced an issue on my setup in regards to the way torches, water, and other reflective surfaces (such as health potion vials) appear in the game. I'm assuming the issue is mostly on my end, but regardless here's what I'm seeing with torches while playing: With water: All of this appears to be some re-rendering of the player's view on top of the particles or surfaces involved, but they're being displayed incorrectly on my setup (thought thankfully this is the only bug I've encountered so far). If this is an effect that could have a configuration setting tied to it to toggle it on and off, that would be fine for me and anybody else who may be having this problem. Otherwise, hopefully this feedback is somewhat helpful, even if it is an uncommon bug. I've enjoyed the game tremendously so far, and I hope that making it standalone at its current state draws a lot of attention. Goodness knows the hardcore stealth genre could use a bit more attention. My computer stats are: -Macbook Pro -Nvidia GeForce GT 650M -16 GB RAM -500 GB SSD I'm running TDM through a Parallel's Windows 7 virtual machine that routes jobs to the graphics processor quite quickly from what I can tell, so performance isn't much of an issue here in light of the goofy configuration.