The Dark Mod Forums

Thief Model Reborn

DeepOmega

First and foremost, allow me to apologize for my haphazard appearance and disappearance. Over winter break, I managed to snag a job at a vide production company, doing graphics for them. The up side is that I have about 2 minutes of graphics that will be on TV (!!!), but the down side is that I have had far less free time than I'd like.

However, now my job is wrapping up, and as a gift to you, I would like to roll out the thief model once more. :D

Keep your eyes here over the weekend.

In my defense, I've been running into hardware issues throughout this time. (Also, you are a better modeler than I =P)

I spent a while working over the face - lips, cheeks and jaw especially. For instance, he now, you know, actually has a jawline. Anatomy! Nostrils added, and I tweaked the folds around the arms. Tomorrow, I plan to crank up the sub-d and start adding in finer wrinkles, curves, and details. We'll see how that goes.

ThiefRenewed1.jpg

It's looking better, yes - but we should now make it clear that this is a thief model, and not the thief model.

Springheel has asked me to do the main character. This is because we don't just need a good model, we need a combination of leetness and uberness for this main model, since it's primary purpose is for showcasing and it won't be seen in the game except in cut scenes, which means that even that ingame model can be pretty high res.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Sounds good, then - in light of this, I think it makes sense for me to hand over the model into Oddity's hands. O, you're a better character modeler than I, and it does make sense to keep a consistent style. I've finished up all the changes I can make in a relatively short amount of time - added more wrinkly details, tweaked the face some more, etc. etc. He's attached in a few file formats, as I'm not sure what'll work best for you.

For now, especially since my time is a bit more limited, and Oddity's the official character modeler, I think it makes more sense for me to work on objects more than anything.

ThiefRenewed2.jpg

The file is on the FTP, under /TheDarkMod/models/ThiefCharacter.zip

I'm gonna go back and finish off that flashbomb now.

There is no need to hand it over as long as you be in contact with Od, for the model. He can not do everything and he doesn't need to, but he should be the kind of supervisor for all our character models, as he is undoubtedly very skilled at it. It depends on your time though and what Oddity says in the end.

Gerhard

For now, especially since my time is a bit more limited, and Oddity's the official character modeler, I think it makes more sense for me to work on objects more than anything.

What about animations? I recall that you said some time ago that animating is more your field. Or do I remember that wrong?

Anyway, the model looks cool. Good job. :)

Well get cracking then. Download the builder guard model form the 'model for Scoobs' thread in the animation forum and make him dance.

THis is just a test model, and I supose you'll be using charater studio, when all the rest of us are using Motionbuilder, so you'll be using a completely different rig.

THis could be problmatic.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site