The Dark Mod Forums

Prefab folder?

Diego

Hi people,

I'm following the A-Z tutorial, and when I try to add a prefab it says exactly this:

"The folder contents could not be displayed

Error stating file 'C:/doom3\darkmod\prefabs': No such file or directory"

What now? :unsure:

actually, this is one of the few things that must be unizpped from its pk4 file to use. Unzip tdm_prefabs01.pk4 from the darkmod folder into darkmod/prefabs and you should have no problem. Just make sure (as I did not) that when a major TDM revision comes up, like TDM 1.02 with extra prefabs that you unzip the prefabs pk4 into your folder every time to make sure you dont miss out on any extras that got put into TDM official release.

EDIT: also, it could be an error, or i might of reversed the 2 folders, but I believe fs_game_base must be set to darkmod folder, and not an individual FM folder with its own resources your working on, or else it will look for prefabs in that folder, and will give you an error message.

Edited by ungoliant

Thanks! :)

Apart from the absense of this little piece of information, the tutorial so far is really good!

The tutorial so far is really good! I should learn how to read, though :laugh:

Edited by Diego

Just make sure that you dont use ambientlightnfo in the pool when you get to that part, or it will drive you friggin insane like when I did it. Wasted a couple pages on the Newbie DR questions thread about that one. didn't figure out the cause until a month later. Only use ambientlightnfo or ambientlightnfo_clouds if its going to surround the entire FM, or you get crazy ass artifacts.

EDIT: use tdmnofalloff instead.

Edited by ungoliant

I should change the topic to 'noob questions'

I can't find the pointfile generated by the dmap. It's supposed to be in the same folder as the other generated files, right? (the editor doesn't find it and I can't find it manually) I'm thinking the actual game is having trouble writing in that folder..

The goddamnshitty read only box is on for all folders. And, of course, is untickable, even from the command prompt. But I'm not sure this is a problem, or I would be having problems saving from the editor as well.

Searched the forum after posting :blush:

Edited by Diego