The Dark Mod Forums

Am I Your Sound Man?

LiquidBronze

hi all

just read about this mod. i have been an avid fan of the thief universe since T1.

i have a full home studio capable of numerous tasks in audio. A project this size seems a daunting task for one person though, so i ask that you find someone to help me if possible so we can section out the audio tasks, but if thats not possible it may take me a while to come up with everything (i do have a RL as well :P)

this is what i can give you...

voice over work for characters in game, recorded from a high quality condenser mic, not some cheapo radio shack mic.

I can give you ambience and environmental sound structures.

i can also help with story content as well.

So if you need my help please contact me.

I don’t have any examples of “ambience projects” but I do have numerous tracks and recordings I could send you to outline my skills. I could send you my resume as well which shows my music activities and my time spent co-hosting a college radio show among other things.

Peace

LB

foundryproductions@yahoo.com

Do you need some webspace to host a few tracks? If so I can help you out so you can demo your work to everyone else on the mod. We can't consider you unless you have an example shown upfront, so if that's the case just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Renzatic

ok all

i uploaded a 4 minute sound reel for you all to check out.

everything but the second (a song callaboration with dave lettero) and third (a song callaboration with mary-kate burns) and second to last (radio show) snippet are entirely done by me, meaning i produced/arranged or did the voice work.

the piece is rendered at 96 Kbps, which is near CD quality. i rendered it at 96 to save the file from growing to large.

thanks for checking it out

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/liquidbronzemusic.htm

peace

LB

Hi! I'm the SFX/Music dictator here. I will be happy to keep you as my slave. Er, what I mean is, I like your work.. ;) (Though not very Thiefish, but I guess you already know that.) Still, good quality on those samples, I think you'll be able to do some great stuff.

One question: Are you into sound effects (doors closing, footsteps, swords clattering etc) as well, or is this a pure music/voices deal?

^^ lol

thanks man, yeah and i know they are not very "thiefish" but i wanted to show you my range of skills (not many people will have "thief" style music ready to go lol, its something you just have to make up really). i can adept well to most styles though and come out with some good sounds, and add a little twist some may have not heard before.

if by sound efx like doors, swords, etc... you mean by using pre-exsisting sound sets then yes i have some. i can record my own efx as well, but it would depend on whether i have the materials to do so, like swords clanging together, wine glasses shattering etc..

thanks again

peace

LB