The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex

_Atti_

My sister is playing it and shes at the part when leaving the oceanlab with the minisub..

and that happens http://www.sg.hu/galeria/10571093361151054051.JPG

We've tried another save that was before the confrontation with Simons but then it crashed at the same part..

Reinstall didnt work, and it seems like its not the savegame either because now we've started over from the end of the chatedral level but than it produced the same type of crash when trying to leave vandenberg (the map where savage is)

can you think of anything that could solve that problem? its goty edition and the 1112fm patch is on it..There is also a little mod that changes the language to hungarian but i've played it out twice like that so i dont think it could be the impostor..

Well thanks in advance.

how do you mean reloading the level?

You mean going back one area (until it says load/save) and than go back to the one with problem? well if its that,then i tried..the funny thing it didnt even let me back into that map :)

but thanks anyway:)

could work with some simple shooter..but you know deus ex :)

all the choices you made etc, how would the game know for example if paul is alive in the end..i am afraid it would lead to further crashes..a mapload also erases the charactersheet..

the real problem is as i said that we started over from an earlier point but at one oint the same type of crash occured..thats why i am not sure that even a startover would help..

There's only been one consistant crash that I've encountered with DX, due to the log overflowing memory. I decided to take the unconscious bodies of every single terrorist on libery island and line them up so that they were all holding hands in a circle of peace and happiness. (yes, I'm deranged ;)) It took numerous attempts to place each body perfectly, flooding the log. Later in the game, it would always crash at the same point. As it turns out, it was because additional log messages had accumulated to the point where there were too many. And every time I reloaded a save, I would accumulate log messages at around the same rate, so the game would crash at the same location. I was starting to get fed up, but luckily I eventually figured out what was causing it. Is it possible that could have happened in your case? If so, keep in mind that you can clear the log.

Huh, thanks Unstoppable i managed to revive it..i dont know how..i tried loading another map but i mistyped..on a usual map that means it restarts the level with clean charactersheet, but here it dropped some error message and kept running..than i jumped int the minisub and it worked..i also deleted the quicksave/autosave so i dont know which one of the above made it work :)

Btw i thought with darkmod one could make an fm in which you play a role in the ancient conspiracies of the illuminati. Would be an interesting setting,

Huh, thanks Unstoppable i managed to revive it..i dont know how..i tried loading another map but i mistyped..on a usual map that means it restarts the level with clean charactersheet, but here it dropped some error message and kept running..than i jumped int the minisub and it worked..i also deleted the quicksave/autosave so i dont know which one of the above made it work :)

Btw i thought with darkmod one could make an fm in which you play a role in the ancient conspiracies of the illuminati. Would be an interesting setting,

awesome, now make sure to make a backup MANUAL save :). A few times in between each quick save.

Edited by Unstoppable

she had manual saves ((both on the same and on other levels too)) but those had problems too as i wrote in the first post:)

i think the problem was with the autosave process while loading the level..that why the problems came in all points of the game..