The Dark Mod Forums

Npcs

slavatrumpevitch

I looked at the wiki, and it seemed like there are umpteenzillion specific character types (which all seem really cool): builders, mages, pagans, inventors, etc. But will there be normal gaurds too? I don't mean city-watch, I mean personally employed gaurds of wealthy noble's lavish mansions. Like the Bafford gaurds, or Ramirez guards, or like in thief 2 how there were like 6 different types of generic guys in Life of the Party (Orange and Purple uniforms, solid red, solid purple, solid green, etc, as well as city watch in their brilliant blue uniforms...) Hopefully plans for differently skinned generic mansion gaurds are underway. I think the biggest problem with T3, (as well as DX2) was the lack of diversity in the plain-old gaurds. T3 had only city-watch, and an occasional thug or two (and DX2 had only SCC guards).

Milestones approaching:

Recital: 3-24-12

ToughMudder: 4-15-12

Release first FM: ?-?-20??

really? i certainly don't see them. I see a skeleton, some builders, and a bunch of city-watch. But maybe i'm just confused

The four guys who look like city watch in one screenshot, are they personal gaurds? they all look pretty similar, and pretty 'city-watchish' I was thinking more along the lines of vibrant purple uniforms so they would be easily identified as being some noble's guys. you know, like how the guys with the green and brown uniforms in T1 were "ramirez's boys" you could have like 6 different noble families, each with there own very easily recognizable outfit/insignia and they could have their own little feuds and rivalries going on. It could add a lot of depth to a mission if it were done tastefully

Edited by slavatrumpevitch

Milestones approaching:

...an elite city watch, a regular guard, an elite mercenary gaurd....

i guess i'm just a little concerned about the phrase "a regular gaurd" Does this mean there will only be one type of non-citywatch, non-guild-affiliated guard?

just to clarify, i do not wish to come across as if i'm poo-pooing TDM or Oddity's spectacular modeling ability in anyway. I'm just really hoping there will be a great amount of variety in the regular gaurds.

Milestones approaching: