The Dark Mod Forums

Tdm, Looks Great So Far Guys. Got A Few Question.

Slash

Hello, i havent posted in a long time but that doesnt mean that i havent been keeping tabs on this game. you guys are doing everything i wish eidos would have done with Thief 3. cant wait till i get my hands on some of this game play. Btw the AI look's amazing, i didnt expect you to create such a versital AI system.

Have you guys played might and magic, DM. its similer to Thief in few gamplay aspects. it would be vary easy for a mod group to edit the game to suit the thief world. theres no way in hell you guys should do that cause ive alwas perfured the Doom3 engine to the source engine but there is a posiblitly and few of my moding buddys have been talking about it.

now my question's yeaaa i alwas have to stupidest shit to say lol.

1. Have you created models for Mech and pagins yet? honestly i was alwas extremaly adicted to thief 1 for the reason that the game revolved around the hammers amd keepers. thos where the main cultures in the game, vary midevil like, not to technoligly advanced. set a vary good Mid evil feel to the game. lock it in to an eara in the thief world.

2. Release... for the past 5 months i havent posted anything on the forums her but i have been working on the DM3 editor in my spair time. i realy cant wait to load up thief like objects and charicters in to my level's. they seem to just be walls and room's w/ no textures. im not asking for an exact date or anything, im asking when to expect it. maybe this summer, when.

3. beta mappers. are you still accepting beta mappers on the project. id love to apply some of the stuff you guys have done to my maps.

1. Have you created models for Mech and pagins yet?
I've seen models for at least one pagan, but I don't know if she's rigged or animated. There's a good chance the first release will only have a minimal set of necessary characters (some guards, citywatch, nobles and servants), as we don't have enough artists in the area of character modelers/animators. Of course, future versions of TDM can add in any characters that are missing in the first release.

im not asking for an exact date or anything, im asking when to expect it. maybe this summer, when.
I have no idea... the standard line is "in a couple of years" or "it's done when it's done". There's a lot of work going on behind the scenes and TDM is steadily progressing, but there's still much to be finished, and it's hard to predict when we'll have it done by.

3. beta mappers. are you still accepting beta mappers on the project. id love to apply some of the stuff you guys have done to my maps.
Yes, we're still accepting beta-mappers, and I doubt we'll stop accepting them anytime soon. Anybody should feel free to apply to become a beta-mapper.