The Dark Mod Forums

Combining Thief's Den & St Lucia

z-vap

would there be a way to combine the better parts of St. Lucia into the Thief's Den, to give a better experience?

Kind of like a Thief's Den upgrade.

z

Yes, it would be possible, however, you should be able to play Thief's Den from a Saint Lucia install already, because Thief's Den is included in it.

You could try "map thiefs_den.map" from the console and it should work.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I think the "correct" way is to simple copy the PK4 file "thiefs_den.pk4" from fms/thiefs_den/ to the root saintlucia folder (aka "C:\doom3\saintlucia\thiefs_den.pk4" if you are on windows).

Then type "map thiefs_den" on the console.

I haven't tested this, right now I can't run the mod here. Also, it might be I screwed up packaging thiefs_den with SL as we were very short on time and it might actually not work. Sorry!

Making an updated thiefs_den might be possible, but atm very short on time :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

I had tried that result is same. Besides I tried nearly all posibilities but some problems occurs and it is not possible to finish the map because ladder doesn't work. if you cheat and finish all objectives the key which helps to get out of map doesn't spawn. There are more problems also.

Ah ok sorry, it appears the map is broken then :( One could try to fix it up in the editor, tho.