The Dark Mod Forums

64 bit support on linux: TDM Updater for linux is still a 32 bit binary

pacman

Its not odd, because thats the way how the TDM-updater works.

Nice to know that TDM runs on your system.

And alt-tabbing in a linux distro is a known problem.

So the updater does incremental updates on a fresh system instead of just getting what is needed?

That update zips are more than 2 GiB by now. If you can avoid retrieving them, you should avoid retrieving them.

I have seen it using those packages, in progress window of the windows updater.

Cant remember it for the linux updater.

(because i use that updater sometimes)

To me, a quick install should be that the updater download everything (except the incrementals)

But for mappers/tech/devs its nice to go to a chosen version.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

But for mappers/tech/devs its nice to go to a chosen version.

Is that even fully possible?

The pk4s are updated with each release and to be able to get an old Version installed, the version-to-version zips would have to be updated on each release to contain the old version of assets updated in any of the following releases. That is highly unlikely and the size of the first upgrade zip is not in the order of magnitude that i would expect for it in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what the differences are in those update packages.

But that is how the updater works.

(see update logs)

And here is a instruction i wrote how to install tdm to a specified version manually.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19683-mac-problems-launching-tdm/?do=findComment&comment=428698

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

But that is how the updater works.

For interrupting the updater to get a specific version, i would expect the following:

All assets, that have first been updated after the desired version, are (wrongly) that of the newest version.

Assets, that have been newly introduced after the desired version, are (wrongly) present.

Assets, that have been updated in the desired or an earlier version, are correct for the desired version.

Don't think, such behaviour would be a problem though. Old versions aren't of much use anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

While we wait for a 64bit updater,

people can install, as a work around, some 32bit environment packages to run 32bit updater (and the 64 tdm gamebinary) on their 64 bit system.

For them i added a small instructions to the wiki-article:

==

ubuntu 64 bit:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386; sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386;

opensuse 64bit:

zypper install patterns-openSUSE-x86

==

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!