Photo

Writer and actor looking for help or work.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 inquisitivestranger

inquisitivestranger

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hi folks. I have limited skills but an an idea for a game that I want to materialize. I'm good with writing but I'm not good enough with animation and programming skills required. I was wondering if there are people here who could help me create a small 1 episode mission. If not then, can I join a team to build my competence and learn more? Thank you. I have reasonably good voice acting skills as well and am eager to get involved in a project.

• Epifire likes this

#2 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5247 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

If you are a good voice actor than sooner or later one might make usage of your skills.

If you are a good writer you might be able to create contemporary stuff (like newspapers).

However, everyone who is mapping normally have their very own ideas. Unlikely they will implement the ideas of someone else given the time it takes to create a mission. If you really don't want to learn how to map you are probably best of just posting your ideas here and maybe someone will use them as inspiration.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#3 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

Hi folks. I have limited skills but an an idea for a game that I want to materialize. I'm good with writing but I'm not good enough with animation and programming skills required. I was wondering if there are people here who could help me create a small 1 episode mission. If not then, can I join a team to build my competence and learn more? Thank you. I have reasonably good voice acting skills as well and am eager to get involved in a project.

Hello there stranger! So you say you wanna get involved with FM collaboration? Well progress around here is slow but there are plenty of projects around here that are slowly chugging away. I would like to make a suggestion as you mentioned voice acting? It may be worth while to make a small demo reel of sorts showing off your fine voice skills. It wouldn't have to be long or drawn out, possibly you could write your own small script to give some character background for a video? Either way it would give people a good idea where your range is at and the kind of roles you could possibly pull of later!  B) 

For general FM creation there isn't a tremendous amount of actual, "coding" unless you get into gameplay script work. Even if you're not into level designing, I'd recommend taking a look over the basic features of Dark Radiant (our wonderful in house editor). Knowing the workflow and basic implementation of things is a very worthy trait here in the community. 

Download link: http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/
Beginner's guide to DR: http://wiki.thedarkm...uide_Start_Here!

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users